(Topic ID: 246630)

Have you had any issues with Mirco playfield quality?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you have Mirco playfields with issues? ”

• JJP Mirco Playfield With Issues (Chipping, Cracking, Bunching of Clear) 34 votes
    55%
  • Direct Mirco Playfield With Issues (Chipping, Cracking, Bunching of Clear) 28 votes
    45%

(62 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0341 (resized).jpg
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0271 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200112_113857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200112_113744 (resized).jpg
20191030_175701 (resized).jpg
20191030_175551 (resized).jpg
20191030_180018 (resized).jpg
20191030_175607 (resized).jpg
20190904_125459 (resized).jpg
20190904_120250 (resized).jpg
20190823_174942 (resized).jpg
20190823_174938 (resized).jpg
20190823_174924 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago

I purchased a new playfield from Mirco at a show. Looked through a lot of fields to find one I thought I was satisfied with. (Least amount of key lines in the insert blacks). Waited a few weeks to install, saw some additional lines that I thought for sure were not there before. Oh well it's gotta get installed now. Game goes together. Everything lines up. One test game to make sure the game plays as intended. Literally one shot out of the scoop and a chunk of the paint comes flying off of the game. Enough of the finish plus the paint came off the of field that the ball was effected by this partial loss of the playing surface. I had previously with another field reached out to Mirco and the results of that were not in my favor so I decided to live and learn. At this point I have several titles that we would fully restore to the best of our abilities but I cannot trust all that effort to something that will as an end result, fail rather quickly. Not blaming anyone. This is not to have anyone come running to my defense. I would just rather have a decent route example with some wear than a perfect game for a few plays then be disappointed. If you look at my games on route you see then are mostly very nice examples of the games on the inside and out. I've seen a lot of collections and I would compare our route games to most nice to very nice home collections. It's all about routine maintenance for us.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Do you have a pic of this?
What did mirco say to you?

This was years ago, I may have the pic on a Google drive.

I was told that I should know to put a protector on that area and that it would not be covered. He offered $100 off at the next show if it was the purchase of the same field.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

You know we are talking about arcade games. These are designed to be put on route to make money and not last forever. I understand the market has opened up and more are buying NIB for home use rather than used off route. But because you think these are high end toys built for consumers doesn't mean the manufactures have changed the way they build or view who their main customer is. I still believe more games are going on route than in the home, correct me if I'm wrong. How can a manufacturer such as JJP or Stern sell with out attrition? If they made a built proof game they would put themselves out of business. Don't forget this is a business first rather than a hobby. Now, I know a bunch of people here on Pinside consider this is a hobby, myself included but bottom line pinball was design to make money.

I think that operators are still the majority of sales however it is closer home collectors to operators as it's ever been. I agree with just about everything you said with the exception of designed to make money. Some of these games out of the box play very very long which would not indicate they are trying to make money. I would say they are trying more than ever to make an experience for the player. Code depth is another indication that they are catering more than ever to the home environment.

We are in a great time for pinball nonetheless. I hope it continues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-had-any-issues-with-mirco-playfield-quality-?tu=cjmjmm2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.