(Topic ID: 175893)

Have you had a pinball that you cannot fix?

By Arcane

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smarset (resized).jpg
    IMG_9500 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9495 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9492 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9493 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9491 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5185 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5184 (resized).JPG
    orange power (resized).jpg
    IMG_1328 (resized).PNG
    IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5755 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 7 years ago

I had a bizarre issue with the left flipper on my JP. Rarely the left flipper would not work at all for a minute or maybe less and then it would work fine for several games and repeat. Now, when the problem occured I quickly opened the coin door and slightly pushed the EOS switch near the contacts and it would come back to life. Of course you'd think the EOS switch was 23 years old and beat but the seller actually had his tech replace it (looked brand new and super shiny). I did rebuild all the flippers but left this EOS alone since it looked new. I then replaced it anyways but still no dice. I had it adjusted so that that when the flipper flipped the NC EOS leaf actually moved forward a tiny amount indicating there was some proper swipe/tension. The motion was identical to the right flipper. Still nothing. I found a splice shortly down the line in one of the EOS wires and removed it (there was enough slack) but even then no dice. I checked out the flipper board and reflowed the fuse holders and connectors to no avail. Despite all this I didn't give up and found a bulletin issued by Data East (No. 54) that pretty much tackles this exact issue, sort of. The main issue was the leaf switches would crack at the bakelite but seeing as I still had the issue with two brand new switches that wasn't the problem. I ended up doing the #3 solution which was modify the board with some resistors, diodes, and capacitors. Ever since then the problem is technically "fixed" but I feel this was more of a workaround than an actual fix as I haven't found the original cause of the issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-had-a-pinball-that-you-cannot-fix?tu=TimeWarp1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.