(Topic ID: 330820)

have you had a buyer walk away?

By Matthew2015

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20221123_163049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221123_163159 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221127_162017 (resized).jpg
    302308814_1484495648630540_923139556226704650_n (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from jid:

Assuming this is the ad in question:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/150902
    Truth is that you really can’t tell the condition of the game from the photos. There aren’t close-ups of the playfield and I can’t really get a feel for the overall quality of the restoration. Now the language of your ad makes it sound like Twilight Zone Platinum edition. So you may be overselling it a bit. Hard to say.
    If you are frustrated that multiple people may be wasting your time, consider some additional photos with playfield closeups and multiple angles on the cabinet.
    I’d expect perfection from the description, BTW.
    Oh, I’ve also walked away over $50. Even after towing a trailer to buy the car/bike/whatever.
    My .02…

That ad is pure cringe. Wow.

I take some of that back, not all of it but it’s very heavy handed in some parts. Asking for feedback at the end was a good idea and your pictures aren’t terrible.

I wouldn’t bring up that some games are 20,000. This is a firepower we are taking about here.

I wouldn’t stress the guy waking out on you. It happens.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Assuming the boards were not repairable….
    http://pinballpcb.com/products/williams-system-3-thru-7-main-board/
    These boards are absolutely fantastic and I cannot recommend them enough.
    Rottendog is the bottom of the barrel. They are good enough if there are no other options or you can’t get originals at a good price.

Haven’t seen these yet! Very cool.

#88 1 year ago

Much better and to the point!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-had-a-buyer-walk-away?tu=doublestack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.