(Topic ID: 330820)

have you had a buyer walk away?

By Matthew2015

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20221123_163049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221123_163159 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221127_162017 (resized).jpg
    302308814_1484495648630540_923139556226704650_n (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 1 year ago

As a person who makes a living buying and selling things, here are a few truisms:

-There are tons of people out there. Some are great...some aren't. There are people that have very poor morals, and they don't care.

-There are people that are turned off by long and restrictive listings. I'm not one of them.

-Some people will make ANY excuse to convince themselves the price should be lower, or even that they shouldn't buy. The classic excuse involves the "wife," which is laughable. It allows the person to displace the onus of blame of backing out on another person. Pathetic.

-There are butterflies on both sides of things; buyers and sellers. Try not to let it get you down...it won't help.

-pop bumpers and stand up targets are simply not as desirable as drop targets for earlier games. Williams pins are not as sought after as Bally's for early SS pins, and Firepower has over 17000 examples...so it isn't rare. Add that to the fact that the listing is over the top end of the pinside estimation...and you get a pin that sits. Having said that...all you really need is that 1 person who wants it.

P.S. I would consider hardtops a LAST resort, and I wouldn't own a pin with one unless it was incredibly cheap. There is a pin I want very much...from a trusted seller very close to me...and at a cheap price. It has a hardtop, and I haven't even contacted him about it whatsoever. I live in a pin-hungry area, and it has been sitting there for MONTHS with many other pinballers passing on it as well. Hardtops are simply NOT desirable for a lot of people.

Understand these principles and act accordingly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-had-a-buyer-walk-away?tu=Daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.