(Topic ID: 248733)

Have you ever refused to sell a game until you beat it?

By Floyd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you ever refused to sell a game until you beat it?”

• Yes, beat the game always 24 votes
      49%
    • No 20 votes
      41%
    • Hell no! I barely know the rules before it is gone!! 5 votes
      10%

(49 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I have a WCS that I'm waiting to sell until I beat Germany. I have never really gotten into the game for the most part, but setting the goal to beat Germany before I sell it has made the game more interesting for me.

#2 4 years ago

Yes, I did that with AFM. Listed it like the same day I beat it

#3 4 years ago

Ofcourse, Once I beat the game sometimes more than once but after a few times tops its on its way out. BK3 might be the only one so far thats doesn't fall into the norm because of the speed and joy of multi player but who knows.

#4 4 years ago

I always swore I’d rubber band the outlines on ToM and uncover all of its secrets...but then cash showed up before I got to it and I’m left to wonder.

My only pinball regret. I won’t make the same mistake again...tho ask me if I got thus done after I sell my IMVE.

#5 4 years ago

Don't beat your game too much or you'll tilt and you might even break something.

Oh, you mean "finished?" What does that mean in pinball? You got to the wizard mode?

#6 4 years ago

I mostly play games before 1985. What does "beat it" mean? High score?

#7 4 years ago

Right now I am holding on to Star Wars Premium because I have still not even come close to getting to see everything it has to offer. I've played mostly as Han or R2 and have barely scratched the surface playing Luke or Leia. I was thinking of selling it to pay for BKSOR, but not even close to pulling the trigger.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Right now I am holding on to Star Wars Premium because I have still not even come close to getting to see everything it has to offer. I've played mostly as Han or R2 and have barely scratched the surface playing Luke or Leia. I was thinking of selling it to pay for BKSOR, but not even close to pulling the trigger.

Got a pro but feel the same way john, I really want to fight the emporer, I've been ridiculously close.

#9 4 years ago

I won't consider selling my TNA until I beat it outside of dire need for the cash. I figure I'll be stuck with it forever.

#10 4 years ago

You guys are gonna go blind, my question to OP is how long has it taken so far to NOT beat Germany???

#12 4 years ago

Yes. I waited to sell Maverick until I beat it. I had to see my initials on those playing cards before it could leave.

Out of my current 6 games I have right now, I've only not beaten one. I haven't won the WWE Heavyweight Championship in Wrestlemania, so it stays. I honestly don't really want to sell it anyway, so it gives me a good excuse to keep it. Wrestlemania is *extremely* difficult so if I stick to my guns on this one, I might own it forever.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I mostly play games before 1985. What does "beat it" mean? High score?

Run out of digits on the score displays.

#14 4 years ago

As much as I think I am good at pinball, I have only "beat" or "completed" FunHouse, Bride of Pinbot, and Super Mario Bros. I always seem to lose the ball *just* before or *just* after I start a wizard mode.

#15 4 years ago

This must explain why I keep the vast majority of my games...

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Yes. LOTR will be my coffin.

Same hear. I see people playing 5 ball and I shake my head in disgust. Might as well pull the glass while they're at it.

#17 4 years ago

By beat, I mean have a mission goal in mind like finishing all the modes or a high score.

#18 4 years ago

Ive never "beat " a game, I suck at pinball and really barely play...I just fix and restore them and my wife plays them every day...

#19 4 years ago

The only way I could "beat" a game would be with a baseball bat.... So, NO, I have never held on to one waiting to "beat" it. I am content to let them go on their journey and roam free till a true pinball whisperer can tame the wild spirit of the code that is buried deep within.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

As much as I think I am good at pinball, I have only "beat" or "completed" FunHouse, Bride of Pinbot, and Super Mario Bros. I always seem to lose the ball *just* before or *just* after I start a wizard mode.

"Beating" BoP means, what, hitting the billion point shot? That's the closest thing to a "mode" of any sort in that game.
    No idea how you "beat" FH.
    As high as you think your score is, somebody else out there has a higher one.
    Now if by "beat" a pinball game means you've mastered it to the point of growing bored with it, that's one thing.

#21 4 years ago

I would have a lot of games in my basement if I did this.

#22 4 years ago

I’ve only come close to beating one pin Potc Stern it’s hard tho just got to 4 Winds mode once but didn’t get far. I don’t think I’ll ever beat any game. Probably my goal is reaching the wizard modes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-ever-refused-to-sell-a-game-until-you-beat-it?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.