(Topic ID: 62306)

Have you ever made yourself ill over what to purchase?

By Jamesiewaimsy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

that_counts_as_one.gif
    #1 10 years ago

I have some cash to spend and as soon as I sell my JM I should be ok, so im looking at purchasing a pin that I have never been able to purchase before due to price.

Im looking at tspp, totan, taf or maybe just maybe tz.

I have played them all not a hell of a lot but enough and like all is some way.

I cant pick the 1st 3 are in my area and at a price that is fair not a bargain not a rip just fair.

Each day I swap between what I want at times it makes me a little ill.

Has anyone else been in this situation and if so what did you do - storys, ideas, solutions would be nice.

#2 10 years ago

No, I just go buy, and then puke the next day.

#3 10 years ago

I haven't had that issue, but I do get really anxious when I am waiting for the either the transaction to finalize or waiting for a pin to be picked up and shipped to me. Have had some restless nights......crazy, I know, it's only pinball. Took 2 weeks for my recently purchased POTC to be picked up from the seller and then another 10 days for it to be delivered. It was a very long 3 and a half weeks!

#4 10 years ago

How Weak , Sack up and be a man, make a decision .
    How Pathetic !!!

This is Pinball not Cancer

Sad sad sad

Brian Lenker
    Madison hts, MI

#5 10 years ago

"First world problems" meme at it's best.

#6 10 years ago

If I had 26 games in my collection I might be able to suck it up a little better.

But I dont and for reasons unknown to yu this gamehas to be a keeper for me so I want to make the right chose.

#7 10 years ago

I've had clients who bought MM and sold it 3 months latter (said it was too silly).

A game has to appeal to YOU.

If no single game is keeping you up at night with desire, then relax and maybe sit on your cash.

#8 10 years ago

Ummmmmm.....no.

#9 10 years ago

if you are "making yourself ill" over purchasing a pin, you need a different hobby...

buy, play, sell...

lather, rinse, repeat...

#11 10 years ago

To quote Rudy:

"It's only pinball".

#12 10 years ago

I think Bribo just put his foot in his mouth. I can't be sure, but it seems he may have stepped in a dogpile shortly before as well.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I haven't had that issue, but I do get really anxious when I am waiting for the either the transaction to finalize or waiting for a pin to be picked up and shipped to me. Have had some restless nights......crazy, I know, it's only pinball. Took 2 weeks for my recently purchased POTC to be picked up from the seller and then another 10 days for it to be delivered. It was a very long 3 and a half weeks!

LOL, I am in that spot right now. Waiting for Safe Cracker to be picked up (only two more days) and then make its long journey from Boston to Louisiana. I literally think about it every hour. More excited than anxious though.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I think Bribo just put his foot in his mouth. I can't be sure, but it seems he may have stepped in a dogpile shortly before as well.

What ?? Speak English please.

Thanks

Brian

#15 10 years ago

I try to make a decision before stress diarrhea set's in. Because its all downhill from there.

#16 10 years ago

I don't think it's a bad thing to be a bit anxious when spending a lot of money, especially on a luxury. It tells me that you're taking the cost seriously. Like anything else, however, it can be taken to extremes.

#17 10 years ago

If you are getting ill - time to find another hobby.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, I am in that spot right now. Waiting for Safe Cracker to be picked up (only two more days) and then make its long journey from Boston to Louisiana. I literally think about it every hour. More excited than anxious though.

Safe Cracker

Nice!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Waiting for Safe Cracker to be picked up. I literally think about it every hour. More excited than anxious though.

Excited, yes......I am sure you have lost sleep thinking about it when your laying in bed trying to sleep.

#20 10 years ago

Never once. I have got a little bit of butterflies packing around an envelope with my MM money in it.
    Very long road trip.

#21 10 years ago

I am allowing myself 1 new machine in 2014

Its tough because I want MET, RBION, ACDC & I am excited for ST

The only cure is buying all 4

#22 10 years ago

Sometimes I've changed my mind and changed it back again.......more worried about the wife and the way she will react to it........haha

#23 10 years ago

"Anticipation is in itself a sensory delight" Charles Emerson winchester

never made myself ill over what to purchase. Had a couple sleepless nights figuring out how to pay for it though.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

more worried about the wife and the way she will react to it

This is so true. Someone in the thread about spouses said they just don't say anything about it arriving or being ordered and when their spouse finally goes into the cave and sees it he acts like the pinball fairy came by and is surprised!!! LMAO!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I am allowing myself 1 new machine in 2014
    Its tough because I want MET, RBION, ACDC & I am excited for ST
    The only cure is buying all 4

If you buy them all at once that only counts as one... Right?

#26 10 years ago

If you buy them all at once that only counts as one... Right?

Hmm

// Error: Image 130645 not found // // Error: Image 130649 not found // // Error: Image 130650 not found // that_counts_as_one.gifthat_counts_as_one.gif

Post edited by TigerLaw25 : Can't get my cool Gimili that counts as one meme to upload for some reason

#27 10 years ago

Decide on the TOTAN I have had two TZs and still have one mint but my TOTAN plays so much smother and faster. TZ stop and go game gets kind of slow and old. Don't think about it anymore just do it and do not look back LOL. TAF is seeming slow too! LOL See I helped you narrow it down.

Rob

#28 10 years ago

That you might have done - you made no mention of tspp?

When I say ill I mean more think I am giving myself more grey hair.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesiewaimsy:

you made no mention of tspp?

OK, I'll mention it. This may be the lesser of four evils, but my God man, you've given us the list of the bland. It is now 2013 and even some of my revved up titles are starting to pale in comparison to Metallica. Oh, I like this game. So smooth, so challenging. I started ball one thinking I was about to rule the universe, and once again it brought me back down to Earth. Just my two cents.

#30 10 years ago

I know I have heard Metallica but I could not name 1 song they sing so I think its not for me.

I would look into a WOZ in Australia did not have there issues with them and if JJP stuck to a timeline.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesiewaimsy:

if JJP stuck to a timeline.

The big "if".

OK then, sure Metallicas not for everyone, but if I was you I would still hold out and find that
    Richie Rich before buying any of the others.

#32 10 years ago

Yeah what was there 1 made lol

If that ever come up in Aus for $5k I would find the cash no issue.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It is now 2013 and even some of my revved up titles are starting to pale in comparison to Metallica. Oh, I like this game. So smooth, so challenging.

Much agreed, even without finished code the game is pretty sweet....will only get better

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-ever-made-yourself-ill-over-what-to-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.