38 days ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Ever done a 3 way?”

• Yes 23 votes
      38%
    • No 23 votes
      38%
    • I keep asking me wife in hopes of it one day 14 votes
      23%

(60 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ED4D9D4F-355C-4425-8A59-6A37408D024B.gif
    Screenshot_20190613-155038_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Ugliest+ratty+cormorant_99304b_6586906 (resized).jpg

#1 38 days ago

I have been propositioned to have a 3 way...trade, that is. I have a couple of "sought after" bally machines, another guy has a couple of stern machines, and a 3rd party has a JJP LE machine.

Do these ever work out? I mean...im not the Milwaukee bucks here. This isn't third grade pencil swapping. We aren't playing monopoly, after all.

Do 3 way trades ever work out?

#2 38 days ago

In general, it would have a lot to do with the types of people involved.

#3 38 days ago

Close...I chickened out at the last second...see I actually love my wife...and while it sounded good at the time..(drink’n,party’n)...I was smart enough to think about the next day..and everyday after...so to answer your question...no............Joey

#4 38 days ago

It’s too bad that you are not the Milwaukee Bucks because if you were you could just threaten to leave if the taxpayers didn’t buy you whatever games you wanted .

#5 38 days ago

If I had a pic of a girl in my avatar...this would have 500 posts already.

#6 38 days ago

I had a 4 way with 3 fire breathing Asian hookers, we had a serious party then ate Chinese food and I'm talking real Chinese food that they ordered and no idea what the hell it was, although in my condition at that point everything was tastless virtually unedible. How much? lets just say I could have bought 2 NIB pins but that memory was worth more than 10.

#7 38 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

trade, that is.

Ohhhhhh, ignore that last post.

#8 38 days ago

I imagine it's like a three-way trade in the NBA. You spend a ton of time to get the general framework done, but at the last moment someone gets cold feet because they're dissatisfied with some little minor detail or the perception that they "lost" the trade....then it all falls apart and everyone hates each other.

#9 38 days ago

I've completed several successful three way trades. It can be done, you just need all the stars to align.

#10 38 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I have been propositioned to have a 3 way...trade, that is. I have a couple of "sought after" bally machines, another guy has a couple of stern machines, and a 3rd party has a JJP LE machine.
    Do these ever work out? I mean...im not the Milwaukee bucks here. This isn't third grade pencil swapping. We aren't playing monopoly, after all.
    Do 3 way trades ever work out?

What exactly are the trades? How does this make a 3 way trade?

#11 38 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

What exactly are the trades? How does this make a 3 way trade?

The guy with the jjp wants two sterns, the guy with 2 sterns wants my 2 ballys, and i want the Jjp...and...God willing...a twinkie.

#12 38 days ago

I once had an 8 way train deal going on back when I was active in scale model trains and Lionel trains. There are times that money isn't good enough, especially if they don't need it. Then you find out what they want, and get that and do the trade.

But to get what they need, can lead to another deal to get that item. And on and on and on. I was so deep in it, I forged ahead. A bit of time and a lot of haggling, but I got all the deals done and got everybody what they wanted, including me.

Now about 40 years later, I remember the deal and what I all went through to make it happen. I don't remember what I had to have that was worth all the work though.

LTG : )

#13 38 days ago

One of my friends back in Chicago asked his wife for a three way one time. After that she became severely depressed and looked lost. I felt bad for her. Then I moved and started a pinball collection.

#14 38 days ago

Does my dog count?

#15 38 days ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Does my dog count?

Only on brazzers

#16 38 days ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Does my dog count?

Dogs, no. Sheep yes.

#17 38 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

8 way train

Only on brazzers

#18 38 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sheep yes.

I'll go get my Velcro gloves.

#19 38 days ago

Never, Ever had a 3 way Trade......

A 3 way?, well Yes. ....Awesome.

#20 38 days ago

Back in my dating days, I went out to karaoke with a very cute blonde who brought her very cute friend with her. End of the night, around 3am, they flirtatiously asked me what I wanted to do now, and without thinking about what was going on, I cluelessly told them I was heading home to get some sleep. The George Costanza-like ramifications of this unwise decision still haunt me to this day.

#21 38 days ago

I mentioned a 3 way trade on pinside a few years ago.
    I traded a garage door to a guy who gave a kayak to a guy who gave me a dipsey doodle...

#22 38 days ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Back in my dating days, I went out to karaoke with a very cute blonde who brought her very cute friend with her. End of the night, around 3am, they flirtatiously asked me what I wanted to do now, and without thinking about what was going on, I cluelessly told them I was heading home to get some sleep. The George Costanza-like ramifications of this unwise decision still haunt me to this day.

Maybe you are better off.
    It would change everything. You'd have to dress different. You'd have to act different. You'd have to grow a mustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and you'd need a new bedspread and new curtains. You'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting.

#23 38 days ago

Anything is possible between consenting adults.

#24 38 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I traded a garage door to a guy who gave a kayak to a guy who gave me a dipsey doodle...

Gross.

#25 38 days ago

Anyone trading a Wonka?

Ugliest+ratty+cormorant_99304b_6586906 (resized).jpg
    #26 38 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I once had an 8 way train deal going on back when I was active in scale model trains and Lionel trains. There are times that money isn't good enough, especially if they don't need it. Then you find out what they want, and get that and do the trade.
    But to get what they need, can lead to another deal to get that item. And on and on and on. I was so deep in it, I forged ahead. A bit of time and a lot of haggling, but I got all the deals done and got everybody what they wanted, including me.
    Now about 40 years later, I remember the deal and what I all went through to make it happen. I don't remember what I had to have that was worth all the work though.

Sounds like the Mash episode with Hot Lips, Klinger and the hairdryer.

#27 38 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I mentioned a 3 way trade on pinside a few years ago.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

#28 38 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

5 years ago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-craziest-trade-youve-ever-done

Screenshot_20190613-155038_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #29 38 days ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

As some famous guy once said---"A man's got to get his rest."

#30 38 days ago

I’m a monogamous trader. And I want both people to see the games and know exactly what they are getting. With two trustworthy people, trades are a great way for a win win situation. But add in a third person, and they all need to be good friends. Otherwise someone is going to feel like they just got screwed.

#32 38 days ago

Cost me $250 in Costa Rica years ago (quédate toda la noche) but a lifetime of memories.

#33 38 days ago

Money was invented specifically to make this kind of thing easier.

#34 38 days ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Money was invented specifically to make this kind of thing easier.

That's what I was thinking

#35 38 days ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'll go get my Velcro gloves.

I’ve just ordered my sheep outfit.

#36 38 days ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I’ve just ordered my sheep outfit.

I seem to have misplaced my Velcro gloves all of a sudden....

#37 38 days ago

Damn, I was so looking forward to reading this thread, then I saw that it was about trading pins.

#38 37 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Damn, I was so looking forward to reading this thread, then I saw that it was about trading pins.

Let's face it...most people went right past the "trading pins" part.

#39 37 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

If I had a pic of a girl in my avatar...this would have 500 posts already.

You're real?

#40 37 days ago

Just remember the golden rule.

#41 37 days ago

I’ve never been able to get a single trade to work yet alone 3 way.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I seem to have misplaced my Velcro gloves all of a sudden....

ED4D9D4F-355C-4425-8A59-6A37408D024B.gif
    #42 34 days ago

Trade your Ballys for the Sterns, then take the Sterns to JJP person and trade them. If you do most of the work/transport, it could be an easy trade.

#43 34 days ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Trade your Ballys for the Sterns, then take the Sterns to JJP person and trade them. If you do most of the work/transport, it could be an easy trade.

The guy with the JJP is the one that knows the guy with the sterns (i have no clue who it is). I haven't heard from him in a couple days, so i assume the deal is dead. I may reach out to him once more just in case.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 64.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 199.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside