(Topic ID: 180763)

Have you ever found an EM pin in the trash?

By jrpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170226_094702_resized (resized).jpg
20170226_094633_resized (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Photo4 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Someone in another EM thread posted photos of a Williams "Shoot the Moon" which was picked up from the trash.
We all know Tommy got his "Kings & Queens" at the top of a junk pile. I got my second pin ever, a Gottlieb "Play Mates" from the trash around 1989. It was all there, but disassembled, and in fairly rough condition. Once saw a Gottlieb "Spin Out" in the trash. It was really rough. I told my brother about it, and he went and got the head. Anyone else care to share their "trash" pinball finds?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No.
I found an f-14 in a dumpster 20 feet from my front door once.

Nice!

#6 7 years ago

That reminds me of a sad tale about a year and a half ago. Someone posted something about a Gottlieb "Subway" which was in a dumpster in Brooklyn. It had a nice playfield and backglass, but had a painted up cabinet. I really wanted to get down there to rescue it, but just couldn't swing it. A day or two after first hearing about it, I remembered a pinball guy I know who lives in Brooklyn. I called him, and he said it was about 20 minutes from him, but he would go and check it out. He did, and reported back to me that the game was smashed and buried by heavy construction debris by the time he had arrived. He sent a couple of pictures he took of a few pathetic remains that were left on the curb next to the dumpster. It was disheartening, but I learned later that someone apparently rescued the backglass and some of the head components; maybe the entire head insert. I think the guy tried to sell these parts, but wanted an outrageous amount for them. I don't know who this guy was, or if he still has this stuff.

#7 7 years ago

I'm jogging my own memory here, as I know someone who got a call once that a family who was moving out of their home were putting a lot of stuff out to the curb, including a pinball machine. The guy drove down there, and got a near mint Gottlieb "Mustang" which would have been trashed. I think he still has it today.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I was at he grocery store one time and a scrappers truck drove by me and my wife with a machine laying on its side. I was yelling at my wife to load the bags in our truck faster so I could catch him. I lost site of him and never saw it again.

You mean you continued to load groceries?... I'd have taken off after that truck and pick up dem groceries mo layduh!

2 weeks later
#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

picked up a nice PF this AM from a vendor at a Flea Market,who himself found it in a dumpster at a storage facility. Sadly he only salvaged the PF and left the rest of the game. He says it was a woodrail cab,but maybe he is wrong. It was a Gottlieb Flipper...

Wow, what a shame the rest of the game was trashed. Nice grab on that really nice "Flipper" playfield though. I think there was a difference between the woodrail version and the metal rail version on the playfield. Something to do with those white plastic strips along the edge of the playfield. I think this one is a metal rail cabinet. The plastic strips were white on those, but red on the woodrail versions, I believe. IPDB shows red ones on the sample woodrail, but who knows with the normal production models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-ever-found-an-em-pin-in-the-trash?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.