(Topic ID: 4369)

Have you ever called the route contact to let them know a pin has a problem?

By Loupie

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I called in problems on a Stern RollerCoaster in a sports bar nothing was done. It stayed until it wasn't playable. I asked them to replace it after they finally removed it.

#2 12 years ago

I have spoken with the manager of a couple of locations and explained that I would drop more money in the games if they were working properly. One acted on it and actually had the operator fix it.

#3 12 years ago

I talked to some clueless kid who thought he maybe knew who was in charge of fixing the games. I offered to do it myself...stunned disbelief? Not fixed yet...

#4 12 years ago

never,
    it's up to the parties that split the coin box profits to get there s**t together
    you just get laughed at or made fun of being a pinball-nerd
    -just wasting your dime

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

never,
    it's up to the parties that split the coin box profits to get there s**t together
    -just wasting your dime

+1

#6 12 years ago

Nope, called a couple of times about a wore out IJ that was on route. I was trying to buy it but after several messages and no return calls, I gave up.

#7 12 years ago

I'll call whenever I can, it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll tell me where their working pins are located.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

never,
    -just wasting your dime

Not around here. I was talking to the owner of a local pizza joint that has a TOM on site yesterday and let him know about a couple small problems with the machine. He was very concerned and said he would get them to fix it right away. Of course, talk is cheap but I would tend to believe the guy.

He was very happy to talk to us about pinball and also volunteered that he had talked to the place that owns the machine about adding 2-3 more pins to his location. He obviously sees the value pinball (and a good experience playing pinball) bring to his business. Now I can't wait to see what other machines are going to show up there. It's right on my way home from work so it will be super convenient!

#9 12 years ago

I call and ask about other pins as well

#10 12 years ago

yes,i do all the time. one local route guy is real cool about it. he knows i put money into them when they work properly. another route guy was cool when i talked to him but he took forever to Finley fix the Addams family he had at a local theatre.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I offered to do it myself...stunned disbelief? Not fixed yet...

T_G, that is very funny. It would have really been cool if the kid started fiddling around with it trying to fix it and you told him what the problem was. I know I have mentioned it before but the first WH2O I ever tried to play was a mess. Plastic pieces on the playfield, broken ramp, it really sucked...mostly because I was so excited I put my money in before I realized the Pin was a POS. HUA, live and learn, won't make that mistake again.

#12 12 years ago

I turned a SS off beating itself up trying to free a stuck ball. I tried to shake it loose myself.

#13 12 years ago

I have, and they just make it sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. Tried to buy the really beat up Simpsons, worse than my Magic, and they said he would fix it, and sell it for $3000. Not worth it.

#14 12 years ago

All the time. But the op's in my town have a ton of competition and a population of players that demand it, so they are actually really receptive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-ever-called-the-route-contact-to-let-them-know-a-pin-has-a-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.