New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277738)

Have you ever bought a Mod for a Pin you don’t own?

By ReadyPO

30 days ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Jackalwere
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you ever bought a Mod for a Pin you don’t own?”

• I have Mods for Pins I don’t currently own but did or plan to. 25 votes
      48%
    • I have Mods, but just on the Pin’s I own. 13 votes
      25%
    • I have Mods bought to resell. 0 votes
    • I have bought extra Mods as a spare. 1 vote
      2%
    • I have bought a Mod with no intention of installing on a pin just because I liked it. 2 votes
      4%
    • Not a Mod fan. 11 votes
      21%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6BBB12A8-2DCC-4C4B-BE90-756F87333C77 (resized).jpeg

#1 30 days ago

I have a few mods on the pins I own (CFTBL Speaker Panel, Houdini Water Torture, Cooling Towers and Crane Mod on Judge Dredd). I intend on getting a WOZ someday, so when Steve Gouveia announced a Red Smoke Witch 2.0, I felt compelled to get on the list. It is the first Mod I am buying for a Pin I do not own but plan to one day. Anyone else buy a Mod for a game they do not own? Poll Included.

#2 30 days ago

I’ve purchased mods for pins I own without any immediate plans of installing them. Sometimes I worry about availability and whether I’ll be able to get them down the road. An example of that is the Red Hot Pussy Liquor sign for the Rob Zombie pin. I have it and it’s not installed but I have it...just in case.

#3 30 days ago

Yes! I bought the" Path of the Dead" figures for L.O.T.R. about a year before I found a game to buy.

#4 30 days ago

sure, mostly while awaiting release of new pin

#5 30 days ago

Not on purpose... I bought one of those Tron arcade mods before I had one only when the guy said it would be last run.

Turns out it wasnt.

#6 30 days ago

I bought $400 in mods for a machine I thought I was getting but I changed my mind to a different machine last minute and was stuck with the mods. Does that count?

#7 30 days ago

Parts yes, mods no

#8 30 days ago

I've only bought a couple mods for games that I didn't own, but planned to. They really fit the games well, and the maker was going to stop making them.

Otherwise, I don't normally buy mods for games that I don't own. Or buy a whole lot of mods in general. I'm picky about what I add to a game.

#9 30 days ago

Bought a Ringmaster for a pencil holder

#10 30 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

sure, mostly while awaiting release of new pin

Makes sense, I have not bought a NIB game yet, but I can see doing this to be "ready" when it arrives.

#11 30 days ago

I've done it a few times. Some stuff for Walking Dead, the arcade mod for Tron, eventually got both of the games. Right now I have the Premium/LE UV kit for Stranger Things, still don't have the pin.

#12 29 days ago

I have a bunch of mods waiting for almost every game on my wishlist. As other have mentioned, I don’t want to miss out on them when production ends. Made that mistake with DE JP and a few mods I want are currently unobtainium. Also GOTG and the Stern topper, I paid a premium to get it once it was discontinued. Thankfully I bought my GB Stern topper at the same time as the game. You win some, you lose some.

#13 29 days ago

Look at all the pinheads buying mods for the new R&M,BSE! Pickle Rick is flying off the shelves!

#14 29 days ago

I bought the complete series of Harry Potter books to sit atop my future pin. CantBW810

#15 29 days ago

Can't say I've bought mods for games i didn't own but I have pre bought restoration parts for games i planned on having in the future. I had a complete set of ramps and subway for STTNG for a year prior to purchasing same thing for ES.

I can see the logic if you like a mod and pretty sure they will not be made again.

#16 29 days ago

I have a train for an ACDC Pro and a playfield coffin decal for a MET Pro that I bought years ago thinking I would buy those games someday.

I have yet to own either one.

#17 29 days ago
    Quoted from chill:

I have a train for an ACDC Pro and a playfield coffin decal for a MET Pro that I bought years ago thinking I would buy those games someday.

I have yet to own either one.

I guess the follow up question is "How long do you hang onto a Mod for a Pin you don't own before you sell the Mod?"

#18 29 days ago

I bought plastics for a game I don’t own because I want to do a Resto on a Bally Star Trek one day.
    Does that count?

6BBB12A8-2DCC-4C4B-BE90-756F87333C77 (resized).jpeg
    #19 29 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I bought plastics for a game I don’t own because I want to do a Resto on a Bally Star Trek one day.
    Does that count?

Yes it does!

#20 29 days ago

Like you I'm on the list for witch 2.0, and I also bought the monkey mod. I keep hoping I win the lottery, because that's probably the only way I'll be able to afford a WOZ. But it's fun to dream.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 9.00
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside