Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by romulusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Do not let the shipping company wrap or prep the machine! It's a mistake you will not forgive yourself or the shipper for. The seller must set the back box down on a packing pad,blanket or something soft. Then just have him wrap the machine with shrink wrap from HomeDepot. The game should be shipped on its legs. Use STI home delivery and you will get your game in the condition it shipped in. I have shipped and received many games this way with no problems. Do not waste your money on insurance through the shipper. Filing a claim through them is a waste of time and you wont get squat from them.

If you are buying a machine from a pinsider more than likely you are dealing with someone that has the same passion as you do and typically tends to treat people the way you would want to be treated. The only thing you can do is to ask about all of the defects and if there is any service prompts or any known issues. Take lots of pictures. I have yet to meet or deal with a pinsider that has not held up there end of the deal. I personally would not deal with anything having to do with an escrow account. You either trust someone or you don't. If you don't trust someone ask them for a reference. If they are reputable they should have someone that will vouch for them.

As for shipping using NAVL you will be making a mistake if you pack it yourself. That is a big no no for NAVL and Michelle once told me they need to come to your home and do what's called an "Inventory" on what is being shipped. That means the shipper walks around the machine-unpacked and makes notes of condition before being packed. I used to pack all of my own machines and pack them like a cocoon with tons of blankets and wrap before NAVL even showed up. Well that is all good until you have a problem and need to file a claim.
    Now what I do is wait for NAVL to show up and I do a 360 degree video or take pictures of the game being prepped. NAVL usually has enough blankets and stretch film but on occasion I have had to use some of my extra blankets to pack properly. You can assist the guys packing and instruct them on how you want it done, but they must pack it themselves in case there is a potential claim. I still have them pack it like a cocoon with blankets and stretch film.

-Also I recommend shipping with the legs on. Make sure the leg bolts are tightened properly to reduce the risk of cabinet damage.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't agree that everyone's passion is equal here and that passion equals complete honesty.

No passion does not equal honesty, but it does make us similar in terms of expectations and how we treat people.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Granted I knew about some of the problems and should of seen the warning signs in the pics.

Pictures speak volumes. There are often problems shipping games that are decades old and have thousands of parts that are "getting old". I have had machines show up with issues that were not issues when I pulled the trigger. When you move a machine there are lots of things that can occur and can cause issues from the vibration and movement. Now if the seller did not disclose a known issue or water damage, etc.- then that is not right. When you are buying a machine, especially older ones you are taking a risk and need to be comfortable taking a risk.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-bought-unseen-from-a-pinsider?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.