Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by romulusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mittens.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

This year I bought Tron Pro from a Pinsider based on the photos. It arrived perfectly as expected. I also bought my LOTR and NGG from a fellow on rec.pinball before Pinside was really around and those also arrived as expected.

As a Canadian we generally have to buy our pins used from people in the US. Wiring down several thousand to a person you have never met can be a little scary at times (everytime ) as you never know if this is your turn to get burned. Thankfully I have not yet (with pins). All you can do is try to look for references, learn a bit about the person's history in the hobby and I like to have a 1 on 1 phone with the seller as well. If you spider senses ever tingle... walk away. Maybe you lost out on a good deal but the alternative would be worse.

Sadly there are people that will outright scam you (I was scammed on a motorcycle crank from a guy in Ohio years ago) and others that will not be forthcoming with the defects or issues with machines. Leap of faith!

mittens

#27 7 years ago

I don't think it is required to ask. You are not slagging the guy, just asking if others have dealt with them and experience. No harm.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mittens.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-bought-unseen-from-a-pinsider?tu=mittens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.