New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 174398)

Have you bought unseen from a Pinsider?

By investingdad

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by romulusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Bought one pin unseen from a local Pinsider who had already sold me two other machines (with which I'm very happy and had already looked over and played prior to sale). He knew I was looking for a Medusa and said he had found and restored one that is even nicer than the other two pins he sold me (and boy was he right about that!).

At this point I'd take his word on pinball, or anything else, at face value but that kind of trust takes a while to build.

Got my Fireball shipped to me from out of state based on pictures alone. Has a couple minor issues, but all of them were documented in pictures (though I did not notice some of them until looking at the actual machine and then going back to look at the pictures again). Would probably still have bought it if I hade seen it first in person, but not at the price I paid unseen. Also annoyed that the seller broke off contact (though previously responsive to PMs, texts, and emails) immediately after the pin arrived and I signed off on the delivery form.

At this point I would not buy unseen again unless from someone I know and trust or a reputable seller with an actual store/business like Cointaker, GAP, Hemispheres, HEP, HemiOrange, etc.

#52 3 years ago

I have agreed to buy from Pinsiders both with and without pics. But I would never ship a pin. I just pick them up and pay with cash. I will say though without pics, it would have to be one-helluva-deal.

#53 3 years ago

I would never buy a pinball machine with out seeing it first unless I new the person really well.I have seen pictures of machines that made them look really nice but in person the machine was trashed.

#54 3 years ago

I purchased my NGG from Forensid without seeing in person.I saw a few pics but most of my decision was based on trust,which by the way has worked out better then I could've wished.Good honest guy to work with and the game has surprised me how much the family is digging it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 25.50
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    $ 88.00
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside