(Topic ID: 35710)

Have YOU been banned from purchasing at Mad?

By Pintucky

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dr._Dude_Sling_Plastics.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Thousands? Where's your proof of that. I've seen maybe 10 posts here, if that.

10 is still a grip--- no point just sayin 8/

#52 11 years ago

What just happened here. This was a thread asking if anyone else has been banned from mad. Turns out there has been others so there's the answer. Thread settled carry on.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone

true dat. But it does really seem like a lot of effort to not only ban a sale (without banning the login) and then to do the sleuthing to make the association and ban a strawman sale. Not particularly difficult for a small operation, but also a lot of manual work that doesn't generate revenue.

Not saying it can't/wasn't done...just seems extreme.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

Not saying it can't/wasn't done...just seems extreme.

Well true. Pinball people aren;t known for obsessing or looking too deeply into things

#55 11 years ago

I have had very good dealings with MAD

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stevebe:

I have had very good dealings with MAD

Me too. I have placed a bunch of orders from him. I like that I get the parts the "next day" as I am only 1 state away. I also buy a lot from Marco , but it takes weeks with them now. I find a lot of parts on eBay from overseas, but I have never bought anything, as I don't want to wait 30 days or more for it to arrive

#57 11 years ago

Seems extreme, but we only know half the story, can't judge anything with just half.

#58 11 years ago

The Seinfeld episode where actual "banning" took place was when Kramer tried to return bad fruit at Joe's produce store.

Kramer get's banned by Joe...

Then Jerry goes into Joe's for Kramer and tries to buy plums with the red on the inside, mango's and plantaines, and Joe knows the fruit isn't for Jerry, but for Kramer.

So Jerry get's banned by Joe...

So George goes to Joe's and buys several sacks full of fruit for Kramer and Jerry.
    George mentions that he wasn't going back there again because Joe was watching him
    very closely when he was buying the fruit.

I love watching Seinfeld. Never get's old and is still funny to this day.

Sealclubber had it right, sorry...had to go back and read all the responses
    and saw that he had already posted it.

#59 11 years ago

I've ordered plenty from MAD when I can't find elsewhere, I've never had any issues per say, unless I call him on the phone to ask a question, and he gets soooo rude, and kinda bent out of shape like he's being bothered. I'd say as a person he has some issues for sure. Maybe hurricane Sandy dealt him a bad blow....

#60 11 years ago

I think its great that he is banning people from buying. Looks like the people who went out of their way to stir the Mad pot didn't keep their promise of never ordering from him again. Looks like Mad is keeping his promise to never sell to them again.

#61 11 years ago

"but we only know half the story, can't judge anything with just half."

You wouldn't HAVE to judge, if you read all the previous posts during the past two years concerning Mad. True . . . apparently you only know half the story, and yet you chime in with authority?!

"I think its great that he is banning people from buying. Looks like the people who went out of their way to stir the Mad pot . . ."

Real nice! So you like an unscrupulous vendor?! It is SO evident you either enjoy knowing that folks from countries outside of the USA were getting ripped off by him, or you (like so many others who continuously say "I've had nothing but good dealings, etc.) have no idea of what caused the pot to stir.

FAIRNESS and ETHICS my friends! Until his feet was put to the fire by 'legal persuasion' he left a lot of nice folks out to dry with no parts and no money returned. And above all, had the unmitigated gaul to become angry because he was caught!

Besides all that I related above, the only purpose of this thread was to ask if Mad was banning those of us who spoke up, took up, for our European and Canadian friends who were being taken for a ride. Ask yourself, what did YOU do to help!!!

#62 11 years ago

What did I do? I spent money at his business so he could continue to provide his services, and eventually people evidently get their parts or money, but you never hear that part of the story. Much like anything, you only hear the bad, but when I come to say the good I get grief for it.

Perhaps the vendor can be rude, I've never talked to him personally. He did email me asking how I would like something shipped, which I thought was nice. I also was refunded shipping costs when applicable, which I also thought was nice..and appropriate.

A lot of people go through hard times, but not a lot of people have it blasted on an open forum. I'd ban every single one of you from buying from me as well.

#63 11 years ago

Proves my point. You have no idea what has transpired. Therefore, we don't have the tools in front of us to have a valid discussion. I didn't discuss him being rude. Others did. Albeit, that issue is true. Very true! His refund of shipping costs is not to be complimented, for he overcharges, takes your money, and THEN refunds part of it. That was a shallow rejoinder.

We didn't discuss him having 'hard times'. He wasn't blasted in this thread. He was blasted in many previous threads. If you ran a business and thus say you would ban everyone who exposed your shoddy business practices, then you must be of the same ilk!

The underlying theme of the Mad postings have been about ethics. It's as simple as this. Do you enjoy knowing MANY European friends here on Pinside were getting ripped off, or do you step up and defend? Those of us who defended got banned from Mad. And I feel I'm a better person now for doing what was right.

The previous threads were not one of those run-of-the-mill gripe sessions about a vendor. This was some serious stuff! And you know what? I actually feel sorry for that guy. He has one of the best businesses going, and yet he besmirches his own name by his practices and his "I'm never wrong." personality.

I'm going to ask the Mods to close this thread. It wasn't started to begin another round of "I like Mad." or "I don't like Mad." Just wanted to know how many of us with a conscience and spoke out got banned from ordering from him. And you think I care?! I find it amusing how childish he is.

Over and OUT!

#64 11 years ago

Anyone who screws people out of money shouldnt be running a business. ...not giving back refunds is stealing!

#65 11 years ago

Thanks Brian!
    I'm getting beat up for helping people who were getting messed over. I didn't expect this from our fellow pinball enthusiasts. I thought ALL people stood up for what was right. In their defense, I am sure they do not know all that transpired. It is a shame that a business, such as Mad, has sullied its reputation so badly. That guy has some of the greatest prices and items available. Just think how successful he could be if he would just operate fairly and 'smile' when he speaks on the phone instead of beating you up!

Mike

#66 11 years ago

Mike, it shows you integrity....

Pintucky rules...

Live on Goldeneye !

#67 11 years ago

Oh, how well you remember! My Goldeneye lives on!!! I'll never sell it!

Thanks for the kind words. I needed that! Afterall, one doesn't get 'banned' from things in life very often! Haaaaaaa!

#68 11 years ago

There are lots of companies that have made a customer or employee feel wronged. so ive felt wronged by Ford,Chevy,10 Different local delis,one local auto repair,sports authority,pep boys,burger king and at least 50 other businesses.My answer,I dont spend my money at these places,but sometimes i do to get something i need,but only when i have to.Do you think everyone on here should support me and not buy from these businesses?

#69 11 years ago

At ops request.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-you-been-banned-from-purchasing-at-mad/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.