Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MM (resized).jpg
    9E6C2E61-7B70-47D7-B126-E239993ED845 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.21.36 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.17.24 PM (resized).png
    top (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago

It's tough to expect someone who just spent 6-8k on their first NIB Stern and not rate it a perfect 10; Aerosmith is apparently better than Funhouse, Iron Man, The Shadow, Cactus Canyon LOL. The list is flawed by hype and by the fact that there is such a varience in member experience. I would guess that quite a few people on this site are relatively new and never had the chance to play all of the classic games from the sys11-WPC95 eras. That being said, if you strip out the hype, the list is pretty accurate.

To me, the top ten should be filled with games that have changed the game of pinball by great design and innovation. MM has a freaking castle that blows up, a draw bridge over a moat and a secret lock. Twilight zone has magnet flippers and a porcelain ball. Dialed in has an interactive theatre and camera. Monster Bash has drac in a coffin and frank. All of these games also shoot like a dream. AFM, IMDN, and especially LOTR, MET and ACDC are great games in their own right, but they don't represent great innovation in the world of pinball. Maybe AFM with the saucer, but it doesn't come close to a top 10 for me. TAF could stay purely based on the fact that it was the best machine in history to learn on. It's the machine that everyone from the old days knows like the back of their hand. It also offered a little innovation in the auto flipper function.

Games that are bumped a little too low because of hype: Shadow, TOTAN, STTNG, ToM, CV, FH, WW, but they are still up there.

Head-scratchers: Congo 40th, World Cup Soccer 57th, Dr. Who 66th - These games are better than over half of those above them!

#44 5 years ago

Each sub rating is only out of six, which means each drop is worth 16.7%. Sometimes 83.3% is too low, which causes perfect tens. For example, I see TZ as a 9.5 or 9.6, but none of the sub ratings were 8.3 to me. In my opinion, the sub ratings should be out of ten or each member should only be allowed one 10. Easy to program, and would help with fanboy ratings.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-we-reached-a-top-10-truth-2018-?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.