(Topic ID: 70806)

Have to sell my ECWOZLE $8600 Happy Ending!!

By zippydapinhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dorothy-braced.jpg
MEZ.jpg
happy ending.gif
hourglass.gif
Keepitzippy.jpg
Wizard-of-Oz-Turkeys.jpg
24609476.jpg
stillhere.jpg
183554.jpg
goodnite.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg
pricepolice.jpg
014.jpg
apron.jpg
013.jpg
008.jpg

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

OK, long and short, I have a nasty medical bill and my daughter needs braces
Forcing myself to be responsible and sell this off, tho it really bums me out, as I've waited soo long and it's almost here. This was going to be my first NIB, but looks like that experience will have to wait. Jack says the game is due to ship in December.
I need $8600 and you pay shipping from factory.
Still cheaper and better than the Ruby Red LE!
As one of the last of the true LE's this will have all the latest boards, updates and bug fixes, so should be the best of the best.
Thanks,
-Zippydabummed

woz1.jpg
woz2.jpg

Pinside market link
http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/9305

#2 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that you're having to sell off your WOZ.

I'm hoping mine will ship in December as well.

This waiting is really starting to get to me...but once the game arrives, I know the wait will have been worth it.

Hopefully you can get another WOZ somewhere "down the road".

#3 5 years ago

Damn I wish I didn't just purchase one. Mine isn't likely until Feb...

#4 5 years ago

GLWTS, fair price for quick production pin!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Damn I wish I didn't just purchase one. Mine isn't likely until Feb...

Well, just because Jack said Dec on mine doesn't mean it will happen that way. I'd think Jan or Feb is more likely.

#6 5 years ago

Sad to have to sell a pin for that reason.
GLWS. Fair price for a great game.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Well, just because Jack said Dec on mine doesn't mean it will happen that way. I'd think Jan or Feb is more likely.

Yeah - I was told dec when I bought it but by observation it is pretty unlikely.

Good luck, your price is fair based on my research. When I was calling around looking for one the people on Mr. pinball all had theirs sold, so you might list there if you haven't.

#8 5 years ago

Too bad we aren't close. I would love to trade some orthodontics for it.

#9 5 years ago

I am sorry you were faced with this.

LTG : (

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am sorry you were faced with this.

Thanks Lloyd.
Trying not to feel too bad about it.
Actually, as my favorite pins tend to be system 6-11, not sure how it would fit in the line up. If any Pacific NorthWesterners want a WOZLE, I might be up for a trade + cash for a nice condition Swords of Fury or Whirlwind. Wouldn't want to deal with shipping tho.
(Maybe if I still get a new toy AND pay bills it won't sting so bad)

#11 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that after waiting so long. Hope it sells right away.

#12 5 years ago

Bump
zippy.jpg

#13 5 years ago

Are your other pins available for purchase

In my life I have come to the conclusion that the longer the reason/excuse the more bogus it is... Just my .02 but what do I know.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Are your other pins available for purchase?

Possibly. I'd rather not deal with shipping, but... PM me

In my life I have come to the conclusion that the longer the reason/excuse the more bogus it is... Just my .02 but what do I know.

What are you implying here? I'm in a hard finacial spot here and not making any excuses or giving long reasons for anything, just trying to raise $ for unexpected bills and reluctantly selling a machine I've looked forward to for quite a while.

#15 5 years ago

That's uncalled for. It's a WoZ for sale for $8600 whether he's selling to put braces on his kids teeth or buy a hot tub. It certainly can.t be because he's hiding anything, he has not even taken possession. What's the difference what his motivation is?

#16 5 years ago

Possibly. I'd rather not deal with shipping, but... PM me

What are you implying here? I'm in a hard finacial spot here and not making any excuses or giving long reasons for anything, just trying to raise $ for unexpected bills and reluctantly selling a machine I've looked forward to for quite a while.

I'm implying that if you hard up for money in a tough spot for something that is needed. Why are you turning a profit?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

That's uncalled for. It's a WoZ for sale for $8600 whether he's selling to put braces on his kids teeth or buy a hot tub. It certainly can.t be because he's hiding anything, he has not even taken possession. What's the difference what his motivation is?

Exactly, so why do we need a backstory at all?

#18 5 years ago

Yes because when you are hard up for money making profit is bad ? Doh!!

#19 5 years ago

It's his fs thread and he can phrase it however he chooses. He probably should have said "The game is $8600, go f^(k yourselves".

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#20 5 years ago

Well, A NIB that was physically available in real time for pick up just went for 9k. I have no idea what value the future promise to own one is. Regardless of the reason, either someone will buy it or someone wont.

I have experienced first hand that certain prospective buyers of anything will low ball the crap out of you if they think you are desperate for a sale.

I think a fair price for a future promise to buy a Woz is anywhere from invoice too whatever they go for now for a future promise. As long as the buyer isn't loosing money (except for the time it was actually tied up) on their investment in JJP, there should not be a problem. Not all investments give a return.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

He probably should have said "The game is $8600, go f^(k yourselves".

LOL! Remind me to use that phrase next time I sell something.

#22 5 years ago

I'm implying that if you hard up for money in a tough spot for something that is needed. Why are you turning a profit?

come on man , give the seller a break

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I think a fair price for a future promise to buy a Woz is anywhere from invoice too whatever they go for now for a future promise. As long as the buyer isn't loosing money (except for the time it was actually tied up) on their investment in JJP, there should not be a problem. Not all investments give a return.

Pinball is not an investment.

#24 5 years ago

So he should sell it to you on the cheap so you can flip it and make the profit?
PLONK!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Pinball is not an investment.

Sure is quacking like a duck to me.
But I agree Purchasing a pinball machine isn't an investment. except when it is.

#26 5 years ago

Dude, this is priced very fairly for the current market I think.. I did not get in on the early discount pricing either, so any profit has really been eaten up over time anyway. If I sell it for $8600 or $10000 doesn't matter, it's the price I set because that is what I need out of it to let it go. I don't want to sell it at all, just need to, so please, I feel bad enough already having to sell, and I don't need a price troll trying to make it worse.

no brain.jpg

#27 5 years ago

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

#28 5 years ago

I lost out on my WOZ for financial stress, too. I sold it for what I had in it.

That said, I would never come in here and bitch about what some other person is asking for their machine.

I "drive by" numerous threads that I really want to say something shitty or snide. I pass 99% of the time.

#29 5 years ago

I was just being upfront on my reason for bailing on such a sweet machine, sorry if I triggered some deep seated inner problems, but thanks for the thread bumps.

#30 5 years ago

You have missed so many opportunities NOT to post in that thread...
but I guess we should thank you anyway for the free bumps for the seller.
Would love to own a WoZ. Great game. GLWS. Hope you will have the opportunity to buy another one later.

#31 5 years ago

Brace yourself...
shitnado.jpg

#32 5 years ago

Brace yourself...

shitnado.jpg 224 KB

Haha I would love to see that wizard mode!

#33 5 years ago

I was just being upfront on my reason for bailing on such a sweet machine, sorry if I triggered some deep seated inner problems, but thanks for the thread bumps.

Don't worry about it. I think everybody here except one understands.

#34 5 years ago

Brace yourself...

shitnado.jpg 224 KB

I love the edit that you did to the thread title!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Haha I would love to see that wizard mode!

That would be worth keeping it and going broke!

#36 5 years ago

I commend you on your sense of humor in the face of doubters. Get what you can get.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I commend you on your sense of humor in the face of doubters.

Thanks!

shitnado2.jpg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It's his fs thread and he can phrase it however he chooses. He probably should have said "The game is $8600, go f^(k yourselves".

^Post of the year^

Bump for a solid guy!
GLWS Zipp

#39 5 years ago

Some great posts Zippy, especially for utilizing WOZ theme.

I guess I'll send Mudflaps a PM to include this F/S thread in his "Best of Pinside" thread.

GLWTS

#40 5 years ago

I was just being upfront on my reason for bailing on such a sweet machine,

And if you did not give a reason, posters would be all of you on 'why are you selling' -- sometimes you just can't win.

On the braces front, my daughters orthodontist does a flat fee billed monthly over 2 or 3 years (can't remember how long), regardless of how long it takes to get her teeth straight. Only additional cost if something like a retainer needs to be replaced. Nice to be able to just budget for it accordingly. We saw him four or five times over more then two years before he said it was time to start, and did not ask for any money during all of those consults, even with him taking photos, etc. Lots of orthodontists will start kids earlier then they should.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

And if you did not give a reason, posters would be all of you on 'why are you selling' -- sometimes you just can't win.

So true, seen many a FS thread go weird just for that reason, so thought I'd put it out there from the onset.

Quoted from rosh:

my daughters orthodontist does a flat fee billed monthly over 2 or 3 years

I havn't looked into that yet, still trying to deal with the medical bill from last week. (Bone graft) But put together, I'm pretty overextended $ wise either way.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

"The game is $8600, go f^(k yourselves

denied.jpg

#43 5 years ago

Zippy. Good luck with situation. I too had some dbags give me shit when I decided to not sell a game and give to my brother instead for some personal reasons, mainly he and my niece's health. Some people are just heartless. Wanted to know what that had to do with anything. Well for me it had everything to do with everything. Do something nice for my bro vs. listen to jerkoffs tell me to do their chores for the asking price. Anyone not want to read it, don't open thread. To the haters, go screw yourselves and go to hell! I got pissed and you have taught me how to handle situation-with a smile and some great humor. Cheers to you.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

^Post of the year^
Bump for a solid guy!
GLWS Zipp

Lol. I read almost every fs thread on here and I wonder what in the hell is going on sometimes. As far as post of the year, Im partial to Gambit's fart in the elevator comment. I still laugh at that one. GLWS zippy

#45 5 years ago

Good luck with the sale and good luck with the kid. It is no ones bidness why you are selling or what you are selling it for. They can pony up the cash or walk away. Pinball machines shouldn't be bought as an investment but there is nothing wrong with making money off one if you get it cheap or selling one for more money than you paid. That logic says that no one would make a profit off anything. Let the dummies just flap their yappers. I think I will sell my CC for $9000 because that is what I paid for it. Yea right.

#46 5 years ago

I may have some interest in this, gonna book mark and send you a pm when I get home tonight with a few questions.

#47 5 years ago

Bottom line is $8600 is what it takes in your mind to part with WOZ. You have a right to ask what you want for it. I have a classic car that I wouldn't sell unless someone threw ridiculous money at me for it. That's what it would take to get it away from me. BTW: I think you're in the ballpark on your price.
GLWS

#48 5 years ago

There should be a Pincare healthcare program where you buy (and get to play) a pinball machine until you have a medical emergency and then the next guy down the line buys your machine so you can pay the medical bills.

10x better than Obamacare!

#49 5 years ago

you hard up for money in a tough spot

I'm medicated pretty good right now so this is kinda fun.

witch.jpg

#50 5 years ago

Zippy, great that you have your priorities straight !!! Bummer it has to ruin your long awaited NIB
With this karma building, you will get another chance

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside