(Topic ID: 153052)

Have to admit, I do not miss TRON at all....

By vdojaq

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
index.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
020_(resized).jpg
Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg
paul-blart-mall-cop-2-movie-poster_(resized).jpg
tron_(resized).jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

It was the quickest new stern that left my collection. Not sure why it didn't click with me, but mainly just hated the playfield art when I looked at it. Bugged me to no end, and I had an acdc next to it!

#102 8 years ago

i totally agree with you... she and quorra are both so hawt

Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpgGem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Vino:

I have no Tron as of yet but that Gem. Now she is truly outrageous.

#103 8 years ago

I don't miss my LE No. 101. Might consider a VE, but that is a Big MAYBE. Not nearly as fun for me as so many other pins, including EMs.

#104 8 years ago

I already know I'd miss my TRON--a lot.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Nah....still do not miss it.

And still one of my favorite parts about pinball! We all get to pick the games we love

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Nah....still do not miss it.

It's much like Golden Cue. They recycled playfield layouts, 8 ball deluxe and funhouse, and made DUDs out of both of them.

IMO!

#107 8 years ago

i miss my tron le every day i have to go to work

1 month later
#108 7 years ago

Sorry to report to the TRON faithful......still do not miss it. Really been enjoying the Stargate that I finally got all shopped out and put in the empty slot from the TRON.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Sorry to report to the TRON faithful......still do not miss it. Really been enjoying the Stargate that I finally got all shopped out and put in the empty slot from the TRON.

That won't last long. Man, that game got tedious FAST....smh...such a PITA to shop out too. Have fun with those idiotic optos mounted to plastic push nuts, and losing things under the glider mech!

Still not missing Tron #2 either.

#110 7 years ago

I have a Tron LE bought NIB. Haven't had enough time to play it so no chance to get bored. However, I added the ColorDMD and the sound update from a thread here. The latter in particular has made the game SO MUCH BETTER. More songs, much better coordination. Highly recommended if you feel the game is getting a bit stale (and the original rather limited soundtrack was, to be fair). As a result, it's now a keeper for me

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Of course you don't miss it >>> it takes time to miss something like this. You need to give it like 3 years or so and then report back. 3-4 months is nothing.

#112 7 years ago

Just sounds like I don't miss my Tron so much that I created a thread on Pinside trying to convince myself that I am not thinking of it and want to convince myself that I don't miss my Tron.

#113 7 years ago

Mine is gone. Ho hum. Do not miss it a mouse farts amount.

#114 7 years ago

If you don't miss it, the new owner thanks you......

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you don't miss it, the new owner thanks you......

He has! In this thread as a matter of fact!!!

#116 7 years ago

It is ok to sell Tron, however you might receive nasty pm's from the Apron of Destiny. If you don't miss it then it was a good decision. At least you had the chance to own it and play it to your hearts content. Thankfully there are a lot of pins available so there is absolutely no reason for one to simply take up space. Move it on and let someone else enjoy it and replace it with something that you can really groove to.
Tron clicked with me like no other pin has. Bolted. Last to leave and after me.

#117 7 years ago

Mine doesn't get played a whole lot, but it kicks my ass when I do play it. It's just such a pretty and flashy game and I love Tron theme.
I do agree it might not be for everyone but mines staying put for the foreseeable future.

#118 7 years ago

I sure miss my brothers tricked out TRON. Great pin & theme. Glad your happy with the change up though that's all that really matter.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Mine doesn't get played a whole lot, but it kicks my ass when I do play it. It's just such a pretty and flashy game and I love Tron theme.
I do agree it might not be for everyone but mines staying put for the foreseeable future.

There is where I agree 100% it was pretty and flashy, but the game play was meh for me. I did not live up to the hype I was expecting, especially being a TRON fan! Now, if I could only get my hands on a D.O.T. arcade......

#120 7 years ago

TRON is as close to " cult pinball" as I can think....not necessarily love/ hate, but it's the simplistic/ brutal, gorgeous/plain concept that just makes it what it is.....very, very identifiable. People are in threads where they love it, battle endlessly about a possible VE, then others start threads stating they've broken the TRON " spell" ( or have they).
Can't think of another game that generates the respect( or at least acknowledgement) this machine does on such a diverse pinball community. Knew I needed one, and just can't imagine not having it...have no idea what could ever fill the spot....

#121 7 years ago

Of all the pins I've bought and sold in the past 3 years with this hobby Tron is the only pin I can say with complete certainty that will never leave my collection.

#122 7 years ago

I've had three NIBs. WOZ and AC/DC are gone.

I grew up on EMs, and crazy-dense rulesets don't define pinball for me.

TRON hits a sweet spot those two way overshot. Enough going on to be interesting, but you know what your objectives are and what you ought to be doing. Very satisfying, as opposed to bewildering.

#123 7 years ago

I'm with ya, enjoyed my time with it but never understood the mass appeal, gone and no desire to get it back. I heard similar feedback from local pinheads regarding making a mistake selling but none of them are JM fans where as thats one that will never leave, Tron is fun for sure but I would much rather have Stargate, good choice.

#124 7 years ago

I would say if you didn't have an LE or Eli's lit ramps, then you missed out on the Tron experience. Just my opinion.

One of the best integrated themes with the added mods and worth every penny.

#125 7 years ago

All good games can get boring to you if you play them enough. Games I owned for a while and don't miss- MM, MB, SM, TZ, ST, and the list goes on and on. Great games, just played them so much that I wanted something new.

My Tron LE? Has been in my collection since I pulled it out of the box, and while I think about which pin I should sell to free up space, Tron gets talked about but the reality is I like it way too much to move it... even after all this time. I couldn't imagine going to my Pin collection and not having this one there, but that's me. Everyone has their favorite few!

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON is as close to " cult pinball" as I can think....not necessarily love/ hate, but it's the simplistic/ brutal, gorgeous/plain concept that just makes it what it is.....very, very identifiable. People are in threads where they love it, battle endlessly about a possible VE, then others start threads stating they've broken the TRON " spell" ( or have they).
Can't think of another game that generates the respect( or at least acknowledgement) this machine does on such a diverse pinball community. Knew I needed one, and just can't imagine not having it...have no idea what could ever fill the spot....

I'll add a good sub right behind the ramp lights as must haves. Tron takes a subwoofer like no other pin I've heard--shakes the house. If Tron is not mesmerizing you after these two (of many possible) mods--then it really isn't for you...

#127 7 years ago

Stargate mentioned twice in this thread... I owned one for 4 years and while it's a great playfield layout and ruleset, I do not miss the terrible sound and dots in that game.

I've had Tron about the same amount of time now and I do not plan on selling it. Brutal and one of the most entertaining multiplayer games out there.

#129 7 years ago

i honestly don't ever regret selling my tron NIB for my metallica NIB 2+ years ago. come to think about it, i won't even put quarters into a tron on location at all. bleh

3 years later
#130 4 years ago

Traded my Tron recently for a MBr and regretted it a week later. MB just didn’t click with me and sold it after a couple months to fund another Tron. Ya it’s not the deepest game but coupled with some brutality it’s the perfect match for my taste.

#131 4 years ago

Wow...A 3 year old post revisited....Long live the grid....Tron is what it is...My LE never leaves...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-to-admit-i-do-not-miss-tron-at-all/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.