(Topic ID: 153052)

Have to admit, I do not miss TRON at all....

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ballsofsteel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
index.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
020_(resized).jpg
Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg
paul-blart-mall-cop-2-movie-poster_(resized).jpg
tron_(resized).jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

were you playin a pro or le? on location or @ a buddy's house?

Quoted from BrianZ:

I have to admit, I don't get the love from Tron. Every time I played it, I did not think it was anything special.... I would have to agree with the mod, that it would not be missed.
What am I missing that makes Tron so great?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

were you playin a pro or le? on location or @ a buddy's house?

When you have that great game of Tron it just clicks. Just like IM or BSD for other pinheads. Then you share your experience with others and they're either like "awesomesauce!" or "security!"

#53 3 years ago

Have to admit, I've never played Tron, but really would love to get some time on it to know what all the fuss about it is. The movies, IMO, are all crap nonsense and I'd choose the Baywatch theme over Tron in my house.

#54 3 years ago

Tron on location at RedZone in Fairfax, VA

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Everyone in this thread has been reported to Centerflank. Prepare to be rectified, de-rezzed, or worse.

Now that literally made me laugh out loud

#56 3 years ago

you not missing it...must have kicked your ass numerous times, BALSPHEMY!!

#57 3 years ago

I went nearly a year without playing Tron because IM and TWD were gobbling up my time. I hit start on Tron a few weeks ago and now I can't seem to stop playing it, other than a few games on fresh code Avengers. Everything is cyclical and variety is a good thing. It's funny how my pinball lusts change over time.

#58 3 years ago

Hmm..this sure sounds like a Tron regret support group to me..

#59 3 years ago

well, I'll say I regret not jumping on your sale since I live 10 minutes away...timing was just a little off for me.

#60 3 years ago

I don't miss mine either, BTW there will be another code update for TRON in 2016

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I completely understand as ive tried to like it on many occasions but it just isn't that good imo especially for the prices they are going for . I love the look of it and the layout for the most part but something just dont click for me . If a ve wld come out for the price of a pro I may give it another shot tho.

To me it was the first 'modern' Stern pin that I played and thought it was going to be the best. But have to say that I prefer both Met pro and IM a slight bit better (it's like a 3 way tie really) but, but I really like AcDc as well.

But initially when I first got Tron, I thought that it would be hard to top. It's been topped by Met/IM both is certain regards. That doesn't mean that I don't love Tron just that it's not the crème of the crème. It's just one of many great Stern pins.

For me, I *would* miss Tron a lot. But my example is that I sold SM and don't really miss it.

My last 4 pins that I bought were SM, ST, Tspp and Met pro. I sold SM in-between Tspp and Met pro. I'd say that I don't miss SM. I thought I might, was thinking the SMVE would be there if I wanted one again.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I don't miss mine either, BTW there will be another code update for TRON in 2016

I hope it'll include the supper spinner, supper pops and double scoring call outs.

020_(resized).jpg

BTW hope IM gets an update as well

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Tron VE, confirmed!

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To me it was the first 'modern' Stern pin that I played and thought it was going to be the best. But have to say that I prefer both Met pro and IM a slight bit better (it's like a 3 way tie really) but, but I really like AcDc as well.
But initially when I first got Tron, I thought that it would be hard to top. It's been topped by Met/IM both is certain regards. That doesn't mean that I don't love Tron just that it's not the crème of the crème. It's just one of many great Stern pins.
For me, I *would* miss Tron a lot. But my example is that I sold SM and don't really miss it.
My last 4 pins that I bought were SM, ST, Tspp and Met pro. I sold SM in-between Tspp and Met pro. I'd say that I don't miss SM. I thought I might, was thinking the SMVE would be there if I wanted one again.

Um, Iron Man came out before Tron.

#65 3 years ago

Had Tron for 4 months and loved it and played it a bunch. Then i hit the wall and did not want it around anymore. I do not miss it . Same thing happened with SM and IM. The thing about all 3 was they were 5k plus games and i had cheaper games i liked better.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

While I am a big fan of the original Tron movie, the Legacy pinball just didn't do it for me. I do not miss it.

You shut your dirty mouth!

#67 3 years ago

I miss it until I think about missing the gem shot when I really needed to hit it.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I miss it until I think about missing the gem shot when I really needed to hit it.

But when you do hit it, sure feels great

#69 3 years ago

Sold mine after about 6-7 months of owning it. Don't miss it as much as I miss ST after selling. I would buy it again though. It's definitely a game that steals your attention for a couple months then it dies down. Its dowe fall is it commands just enough money to pass it on for something new.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

While I am a big fan of the original Tron movie, the Legacy pinball just didn't do it for me.

Well, the Spiderman VE was reworked based on the comic. Who's to say that a Tron VE wont be based on the 1982 movie. "You'll Regret This"-Sark

#71 3 years ago

I didn't play IM before Tron.

I was out of the loop from 2008 to 2012. So I missed everything after PotC until XM came out.

Technically I played XM before Tron but the code was so messed up at the time I didn't like it.

#72 3 years ago

I'm with OP! I just sold my Tron and don't miss it one bit! Oh wait, I had two.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

there will be another code update for TRON in 2016

Stoked! So happy to hear this coming from the guy whose info is always spot on!

I wondered if/when Lyman's TRON "laundry list" of ideas would ever be implemented.

I don't miss my WOZECLE one bit, but I know I would miss my TRON LE!

I've never had that much trouble with Gem. TSPP's treehouse ramp gives me way more grief, now that's a hard shot!

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

you might not miss the pin.... but you will mos def miss these two...

Now that I do understand...

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

... there will be another code update for TRON in 2016

index.jpg

#76 3 years ago

Just finished shopping mine out today the Tron that the OP sold me. Added some clear rubbers, LEDs, and arcade mode. Now I just need to order those Eli lights..

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#77 3 years ago

"I always thought that Gem shot was too difficult.", BallsofSteel (Wyoming Pinball Master of Puppet)

#78 3 years ago

I won't lie, I kinda miss Tron.
Music and lightshow (LE) was so perfectly executed but, playing Portal is/was just meh compared to SOS's addictively awesome pressure cooker. Especially if you were starting from shot one (Gem) to claw your way to Portal in one go.
Nowadays, I'm content with picking up the C-F rated pins and my wallet is much happier (and fuller) for making the switch.

#79 3 years ago

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

#80 3 years ago

Gem shot ruined it for me (especially for hurry-ups, yikes) on my tricked out LE. Sold it. Never looked back.

#81 3 years ago

I'm not sure if I miss kale or not as I don't remember eating any.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure if I miss kale or not as I don't remember eating any.

I like Kale in Zuppa Toscana. It makes me think I'm eating something healthy.....

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

That joke doesn't seem to work well in print.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I like Kale in Zuppa Toscana.

I had to look that up. It does look tasty.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had to look that up. It does look tasty.

If you like potato soup and Italian sausage, you'll love this. We use hot Italian sausage when we make it. Nice globs of grease throughout and nice and spicy.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That joke doesn't seem to work well in print.

Maybe this will help.....

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you like potato soup and Italian sausage, you'll love this. We use hot Italian sausage when we make it. Nice globs of grease throughout and nice and spicy.

Sounds good! Now what machine were we supposed to not miss?

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds good! Now what machine were we supposed to not miss?

I think this is just some lame attempt to drive down the price of Tron.....

#89 3 years ago

*crickets*

#90 3 years ago

It could be the Op is trying to convince "himself" he doesn't miss TRON.....hard to tell this early....think the reality of it actually being gone will finally settle in......then...ultimately

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Gem shot ruined it for me (especially for hurry-ups, yikes) on my tricked out LE. Sold it. Never looked back.

I love the Gem shot. There should be more bank shots like that in pinball.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I love the Gem shot. There should be more bank shots like that in pinball.

HATE Gem shot!!!....until I get on a roll and start getting success w it ( I've got an LE,drops, so no targets to bank off....I cradle w the top left flipper, then sort of " bounce" it just off the flipper then hit it).

Seems some nights I'm better at it than others....one of the many reasons the game is crazy fun/ frustrating to play....

#93 3 years ago

Bank is slightly harder with the drops of the LE, but still very makeable and feels so good when you pull it off.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Bank is slightly harder with the drops of the LE, but still very makeable and feels so good when you pull it off.

Agreed....easily one of the most satisfying shots in pb!!! Always look up at the screen when I hit it ( sometimes leads to losing track of the ball...but worth it)...

#95 3 years ago

Well, I would miss the disc battle where the balls spins crazy in any direction, I would miss the end-of-line shot where you combine shots to end up in the arcade, I would miss the call outs - Son of Flynn, welcome back program, I heard a chatter.....
So Tron is staying with me, I understand that it is a fair amount of money that it holds, but it will not get any cheaper, you can also put you money on the bank and stare at your account each evening

1 month later
#96 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It could be the Op is trying to convince "himself" he doesn't miss TRON.....hard to tell this early....think the reality of it actually being gone will finally settle in......then...ultimately

Nah....still do not miss it.

#97 3 years ago

Last month I sold my LE which I bought new and put over a thousand plays on. Still enjoy it at friends' homes, but I don't miss mine. Five years of Tron was enough. To be frank, the ruleset and scoring just didn't hold up compared to Stern's more recent games. Whole lotta woodchopping.

#98 3 years ago

There's always memories of that time or two you nailed that tight elusive Gem and also the thoughts of banging Quorra over and over. ... those were good times right

#99 3 years ago

I have no Tron as of yet but that Gem. Now she is truly outrageous.

#100 3 years ago

Had mine for 3 months and hit a wall because it just does not have enough to do. Sounds are great but don't miss gameplay at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside