(Topic ID: 153052)

Have to admit, I do not miss TRON at all....

By vdojaq

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Gem-and-Quorra-tron-legacy-18092992-900-881_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
index.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
020_(resized).jpg
paul-blart-mall-cop-2-movie-poster_(resized).jpg
tron_(resized).jpg

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I recently sold my Tron Legacy and a couple of pinsiders had pm'd me with messages that I would regret, or I should re-think selling my Tron. No one was mean, they were just offers of friendly advice. While I am a big fan of the original Tron movie, the Legacy pinball just didn't do it for me. I do not miss it. I put my Stargate in the place of the Tron in my basement line-up and couldn't be happier.

Now , do I have an ulterior motive? You bet I do! That money is put aside for a GB premium.

#2 4 years ago

Interesting. I've been thinking about both. I'm on a Tron kick right now and looking for one.

The whole family is interested in GB Premium (if and when it comes out).

Not much price difference either.

#3 4 years ago

I'm on the fence with my Tron, which is crazy because I'm a fanboy and tricked the machine out. Star Trek has been getting all the play of late. Tron stays off.

tron_(resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Tron is the pin I have kept the longest in my collection. Several people have approached me about selling it but the answer is always the same.... keeper for me ... but that's the great thing about this hobby, there are pins for all kinds of interest. I honestly wasn't that big of a fan of TZ but its one of the highest rated pins

#5 4 years ago

Interesting, while I haven't had the opportunity to play it much it's one of the pins on my radar. When I saw your ad I was very tempted since I live close to you. I was leaving for out of town skiing and snowmobiling, so the timing was poor.

I'm going with the SMVE though, that fills the open space by selling WW.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I'm on the fence with my Tron, which is crazy because I'm a fanboy and tricked the machine out. The machine has been staying off while Star Trek has been getting all the play
tron_(resized).jpg

You sir had the same dilemma I had a few weeks ago. I sold Tron and purchased a NIB TWD which should be arriving in the next few days. While I did like Tron I always seem to play ST more. ST as been in my collection the longest. I don't regret selling Tron but unlike most people I really regret selling my TF Pro.

#7 4 years ago

I have to admit, I don't miss King of Queens at all. I mean, I thought I'd miss the hijinks of what's his name and that chick, but then it went off the air. And, nope, couldn't care less!

#8 4 years ago

Yep. Same thing happened to me. A few "you are going to regret it." PMs, all super friendly but it did have me rethink my decision.
I love the Tron franchise and I enjoyed the pin for a couple years but I think next to some of these newer sterns (ST, GOT, TWD) that Tron is a bit overrated. Plus, I found myself cleaning and fussing over Tron's general condition more than playing it. It was like having a bitchy abusive supermodel in the house that always needed more makeup or a handbag.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to own one but I don't miss it.

#9 4 years ago

I felt this way for the first year or so after I sold mine. I'd played it to death, no one else in the family was playing it, moved it on. After several machines have come and gone I now realize it's my favorite pinball machine of all time and that I never should have sold it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I really regret selling my TF Pro.

Initially I didn't like TF at all. Years later a friend (Pinsider nerbflong) got the machine and put one of his famous thunder subs under the cab. Now it's one of my favorites to play when I'm over there. And it was him that also got me hooked on Star Trek. Same thunder sub...his house shaking during play. Great sound on that machine so I had to go get one of my own!

#11 4 years ago

I sold my loaded Tron pro several months ago. I love the game but it was my first pin and my only pin for close to 2 years and I played it so much I could honestly never play it again and be OK. Great game, it was just time to move on. Close to 8000 plays is probably enough

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I felt this way for the first year or so after I sold mine. I'd played it to death, no one else in the family was playing it, moved it on. After several machines have come and gone I now realize it's my favorite pinball machine of all time and that I never should have sold it.

I might know someone that will sell you one

Truth be told, it's my girls that won't let me sell the game. "Nooooo!! Daddy that's our favorite game!!"

#13 4 years ago

When I got my Tron, I played it every single day. That went on for a couple of months but now I play it maybe once a week. Its a really good game but even great games need a break from us once in a while. There are so many great pins out there that it may be a good idea to rotate the pins around once in a while. I'm starting to fall in love with 90's Williams games which is a far cry from a Tron.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have to admit, I don't miss King of Queens at all. I mean, I thought I'd miss the hijinks of what's his name and that chick, but then it went off the air. And, nope, couldn't care less!

Such a phenomenal career since King of Queens too...

paul-blart-mall-cop-2-movie-poster_(resized).jpg

#15 4 years ago

Come on man, Tron is a great game! I think you just needed a break from it like I needed a break from my TAF, but I started playing it again and love it.. Oh well that's my two cents. Now back to modding out my Tron you sold me..

#16 4 years ago

I have to admit, I don't get the love from Tron. Every time I played it, I did not think it was anything special.... I would have to agree with the mod, that it would not be missed.

What am I missing that makes Tron so great?

#17 4 years ago

the machine is gorgeous, but the depth and gem shot ruin it for me everytime. I sold mine for a metallica 1.5 yrs ago, and haven't looked back.

#18 4 years ago

If there's one thing about Tron lovers, it's that they're passionate. I don't know any other game that would have people PMing sellers of the game telling them they'll regret it. I played it once on location but it was forgettable. I would love to try it again though and give it another chance. I know for one thing the soundtrack to the film is awesome.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I might know someone that will sell you one
Truth be told, it's my girls that won't let me sell the game. "Nooooo!! Daddy that's our favorite game!!"

Don't do it! You'll regret it!

Smart kids! :]

#20 4 years ago

i think my tron stays just because of how tricked out and beautiful it is. It's just a gorgeous pin.
I'd much rather PLAY my avatar or metallica. I do enjoy the gameplay of Tron and fast ball times for me, but looks wins out over play for me on that one.

#21 4 years ago

All games get old...even BBH... Nahhh.

#22 4 years ago

I have had mine in storage for a few months now and I can honestly say that I do miss playing it. I am hoping to soon set it up again with the color DMD.

#23 4 years ago

I just got my TRON set up again after almost two years due to a recent move and space issues. I'm having a blast re-connecting with it! It's like hooking up with an ex-girlfriend..........a hot one

#24 4 years ago

Daft Punk - nuff said

#25 4 years ago

Same thing with me. Sold mine and don't really miss it at all. I enjoy the game, but I enjoyed the money I got for it a lot more It doesn't hurt that we have one on location as well, but I never play it.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Initially I didn't like TF at all. Years later a friend (Pinsider nerbflong) got the machine and put one of his famous thunder subs under the cab. Now it's one of my favorites to play when I'm over there. And it was him that also got me hooked on Star Trek. Same thunder sub...his house shaking during play. Great sound on that machine so I had to go get one of my own!

Funny....Initially I didn't like the sound on my transformers, upgraded speakers and now it's my favorite sound package in all of pinball. Never thought sound was really important until I started collecting. Now besides for gameplay, it's sound for me. A game that has great sound to work with the gameplay is what does it for me. Try playing your favorite game with the volume off, not so fun anymore...or atleast not in mho.

#27 4 years ago

I miss mine. Played it a ton. Never got boring.

#28 4 years ago

The only pin I sold that I ever really missed was taxi.

Can always get another tron someday.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If there's one thing about Tron lovers, it's that they're passionate. I don't know any other game that would have people PMing sellers of the game telling them they'll regret it. I played it once on location but it was forgettable. I would love to try it again though and give it another chance. I know for one thing the soundtrack to the film is awesome.

I feel the same. Tron has a great package and I love the sounds it makes. The layout is almost the same as Congo and I fell in love with Congo the first time I played it. I feel like I should love Tron so I keep trying to like it but not happening. Shots just don't feel right like in Congo and I have trouble doing anything in the game. Few games look as good modded out, though. Wish Stern would make more scifi pins with tricked out lighting, sounds, and high energy music.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I'm on the fence with my Tron, which is crazy because I'm a fanboy and tricked the machine out. Star Trek has been getting all the play of late. Tron stays off.
tron_(resized).jpg

I bought a HUO Tron and HUO ST Pro at the same. I'm honestly surprised that I play the ST alot more. I love that game. I really enjoy Tron as well, but the Gem shot is super frustrating. I've played some where the shot is difficult, but do able. On mine, it's really tough. Still enjoy it and not going to sell it anytime soon.

#31 4 years ago

I've been tossing the idea of selling Tron as well. I LOVE the movies, love the music, but the gameplay....it is good, but I fell in love with the pinball tron idea...actually playing is good, but not love. Eh...idk....

#32 4 years ago

I bought my LE new and I'm a huge nerd for the original movie and the sequel, and I know if I sold it I could never get it back no matter what. So, although the crazy money I could get for it is very tempting, it's still not quite enough for me to part with it just yet.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

What am I missing that makes Tron so great?

Like every game, for some people it clicks and for others, it doesn't. I don't think you're missing anything, it just didn't click with you.

Personally I love the game. I've had it since the first run (actually from that tiny run right after the first). I don't play it every day, and in fact, sometimes it can sit for a long time. And then I get the itch, and I start battling it again. The rules are not crazy deep, but I always enjoy them. It has a nice combination of easy things, and harder things to get all the way through the game. Sometimes I concentrate on just finishing Light Cycle, or Disc. And the added pressure of SOS is nice.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I recently sold my Tron Legacy and a couple of pinsiders had pm'd me with messages that I would regret, or I should re-think selling my Tron. No one was mean, they were just offers of friendly advice. While I am a big fan of the original Tron movie, the Legacy pinball just didn't do it for me. I do not miss it. I put my Stargate in the place of the Tron in my basement line-up and couldn't be happier.

And that is totally good. If Tron wasn't doing it for you, replacing it is the best option.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I recently sold my Tron Legacy

So, I am guessing you are buying a lamp?

#35 4 years ago

It's a keeper for me. I like the really short ball times, combos, ruleset, art, music, etc... I tend to rotate games that I play heavily, so I don't burn out on any one game.

#36 4 years ago

Eh, if people didn't sell their games it would be a boring hobby, you'd have to buy new or never get to own great titles. If it's not for you then sell it, someone else will love it.

I loaned out my Tron for a few months to a friend, and then I missed it, and was glad to have it back. That's a great way to test the waters if you're not sure. Mine is staying.

#37 4 years ago

$10k helped me get over my LE pretty quickly.

#38 4 years ago

I completely understand as ive tried to like it on many occasions but it just isn't that good imo especially for the prices they are going for . I love the look of it and the layout for the most part but something just dont click for me . If a ve wld come out for the price of a pro I may give it another shot tho.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

All games get old...even BBH... Nahhh.

Lots of truth in this statement... I believe BBH is just as fun as Tron, as is IM, and more difficult than both. All 3 were made around the same time, by the same design team, with similar shallowish rulesets and level of difficulty.

Tron hype is deafening, and I should be the ideal buyer--6 of my 7 DMDs have Borg or Lyman on the design team, and 4 have both of them, but even I don't get the hype. I do love to play it on location, and other than the great theme integration with lights/sound/art/rules nothing about it feels special, particularly not at a premium price. I'm thinking it is because every aspect of Tron is found in my other games, so it provides no complement to my collection.

#40 4 years ago

I like Tron, but it is quite similar to a lot of the other budget games from that era - BBH, IM, Avatar.. I think the overall aesthetics really helped people, and maybe that third flipper had something to do with it, too.

I like all the games of that era, I have an Avatar and IM, the rulesets on those games are all pretty similar. They have attainable wizard (or mini wizard) modes, and they all play quick (sparse). About the only thing I'd change on any of them is the pop bumpers - I wish they had more danger to them, i.e. open to the PF, rather than in an enclosed cluster.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I believe BBH is just as fun as Tron

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like Tron, but it is quite similar to a lot of the other budget games from that era - BBH

I have never heard Tron being compared to BBH. And now I've heard it twice

#42 4 years ago

Pretty much the same experience here - it's been several months since selling Tron LE, and it's not missed. I was pretty much the only one who played it - friends, family had no attraction to it, which was the main reason to sell. I wasn't a fan of the movies so I didn't have that attraction to it, and like others, didn't quite get why it was so revered and fetched such a premium.

#43 4 years ago

Pinhead without TRON?...doesn't compute.....mine staying bolted to the floor....but if Op is happy, all is good (until it is missed).....

#44 4 years ago

I've been wanting a Tron for a long time. Big basement development in 2011 put the breaks on it that year so naturally I missed the LEs. I just recently managed to get my hands on a Tron Pro that was kitted out to the nuts and I am loving it. I can sit on the couch just staring at it mesmerized by the lights. Sometimes I even play it! For sure I am still in the honeymoon phase but I think this will be a long lasting love It may just draw the ire of my all time favourite pin, sttng

Oh - and OP - the fact that you wrote a topic about Tron tells me that you are still thinking about it and probably already have sellers remorse heheh jk

#45 4 years ago

you might not miss the pin.... but you will mos def miss these two...

#46 4 years ago

Quorra's right hand has been getting a lot of action in the Lamp thread.

#47 4 years ago

It's all good, op! Any time someone sells a Tron a new Tronsider joins our ranks

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have never heard Tron being compared to BBH. And now I've heard it twice

Three times, actually, unless you have AbacusMan on ignore.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Tron hype is deafening

Yea, #22 on Pinside so deafening. Tron is about the only pin I regret selling. It should be ranked higher.

#50 4 years ago

Everyone in this thread has been reported to Centerflank. Prepare to be rectified, de-rezzed, or worse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside