(Topic ID: 123185)

Have there been any aftermarket sales of AMH?

By Xerico

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141011_222839.jpg
20141011_222817.jpg
#1 9 years ago

After having a great time playing AMH at TPF, I started thinking about the secondary market for AMH.

Has any AMH owner sold their game?

Has any AMH owner traded their game?

Normally, for any title, you see them pop up for sale, but I cannot recall any AMH popping up.

I was hoping to pick one up on on the secondary market, but that looks like mission impossible so far.

Congrats to Charlie, Ben and the entire Spooky Team!

You have created an outstanding game!

Marcus

#2 9 years ago

I saw one sell but it was inside a "what's for sale in xx" thread. Don't remember which one.

#3 9 years ago

Yes, some have sold. Believe Buddy (Doughslingers) either bought or sold one. A few others have sold theirs. The crazy thing is some of the ADD guys like Coasterguy have kept theirs for months and months when they normally rotate really quickly.

#4 9 years ago

I think PDXMONKEY sold his.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think PDXMONKEY sold his.

He's the only one I know of for sure, as far as an owner selling. I'm sure eventually they'll move around, but this is gonna be a really rare game. Something special for people!

#6 9 years ago

I sold my half to pdxmonkey and then pdxmonkey sold it

There isn't many around even yet so not too many to be trading hands

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yes, some have sold. Believe Buddy (Doughslingers) either bought or sold one. A few others have sold theirs. The crazy thing is some of the ADD guys like Coasterguy have kept theirs for months and months when they normally rotate really quickly.

I think Coasterguy just posted that he either sold or traded his for an ACDC but quickly put down a deposit on another AMH.

There was one that was sold for $5K at a show about 6 months back.

#8 9 years ago

Because of the limited run, it may be better to buy Boo in Box

#9 9 years ago

I swear there was one at Expo 2014 for sale

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I swear there was one at Expo 2014 for sale

There was. But that was a distributor machine, not a private sale.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

There was one that was sold for $5K at a show about 6 months back.

If I am thinking of the same machine, this was a very early AMH that had technical issues and would have needed some hardware upgrades.

The announcement that only 150 would be built didn't come until later and with them now being sold out, I don't think we'll see too many on the secondary market in the short term. Only time will tell.

2 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

I believe half or less have shipped.

#13 9 years ago

Such a low quantity, it is not likely to come up much. There will be a shuffle once new owners decide if it will be a permanent part of the collection. After that I suspect they will get more difficult to find.

#14 9 years ago

You might want to contact Joe at pinball star. They are an authorized spooky pinball distributor and might have some left to buy new.

#15 9 years ago

I did have one at the Chicago Expo last year but no takers at 5500. Not even any offers, last day reduced to 5000 as I wanted to purchase a pin for myself to.take home. I can only fit two in the Chrysler minivan and had already dropped Centerflakes Ironman off and purchased an Avatar LE that was nearby. Still very happy with that purchase. AMH plays fine, the one my friend had was number one see pics in the forum search. Only issue with it at Expo was the ball can and will get stuck in odd places. Many were corrected by double rubberized this or changing to a fat post instead of a skinny one. I later left the key for people to unclog the ball.but many just didn't understand how to. Ben updated with latest code and as I was leaving a deal was made for 5k to Mike in MD and it was picked up by one of his friends at the TN auction. Please look up.post by doughslingers for more info and pics.

20141011_222817.jpg20141011_222817.jpg 20141011_222839.jpg20141011_222839.jpg
#16 9 years ago

We are lucky enough to have access to a location copy in the greater Boston, southern NH area.
AMH is a great title to visit.
Not ready to live there, but interested enough in Spooky's 2nd title.

This seems like it was a success where so many other niche projects/companies seem to be failing..
See...Predator (no intent on "rubbing it in" to those who lost $$--that sucks).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-there-been-any-aftermarket-sales-of-amh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.