Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by superNoid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46D64D7D-5106-42D3-B6F8-B86890FD1A45 (resized).jpeg
    C8676E93-8686-413A-AA53-069D4729F5F3 (resized).jpeg
    9DFE87F4-A527-421D-82ED-06370F93F819 (resized).jpeg
    618E372D-B1CB-48BB-B752-E319DFDD2DA2 (resized).jpeg
    2D52CEFF-5004-4246-9819-0D4F462DE23D.gif
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.15.55 PM (resized).png
    15D9399D-D67A-4568-A1F0-066595A4F75D.gif
    3.gif
    a.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smalltownguy2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 2 years ago

I'm here for the 10 year reminder.

#51 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. Dialed in is JJP’s best game by a pretty good margin. Oughta tell you something.

By what standard are you defining "best?"

Might not be the same standard I'm using....

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

LOLOLOL, theme can't save a boring ruleset, theme can't save a bad layout. People buying on theme rather than gameplay are stupid. "Hey its got generic art package form a thing I like, here's my money. No I've never seen or played it, here's my money". That is stupid.

Why is it stupid? I own a Willy Wonka. I'm a huge Willy Wonka fan. I love all the artwork, the call-outs, the theme integration.

The fact that the game is also fun to play is an added bonus. I'd likely still own it even if it were lesser so.

Conversely, this is precisely why I will NEVER own a Pirates of the Caribbean. I LOATHE the franchise. I cannot stand it. There's no way I could ever get past the fact that I so much dislike the POTC franchise I'd never be able to enjoy the pin, no matter how fun the gameplay may be.

The theme of the game is just as important to the overall consideration of the game as anything else. Even more so in my case.

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine differs.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

why is it stupid? that its fun is a freaking bonus to you. That's why its stupid. You might not play a PoTC because you don't like the theme, so what? You also aren't going to buy one. But buying a 8k+ toy with zero knowledge of if its fun is stupidity defined. Here's 8K or more, I hope i like this. STUPID.

I think you missed my point. I probably should have said "more fun than expected."

I like playing all pinball machines. But I consider some of them to be more fun than others, from a game play standpoint. Most modern pinball machines provide some level of enjoyable play, POTC included. But I cannot stand that theme. I hate the way it looks. I hate the way it sounds. So I won't own it, no matter how much the rest of the word says it's a fun pin to play.

Here's another example: my STTNG. Again, gameplay is good; I have fun playing it. The theme elevates it even more for me, since I'm a fan of the franchise. I like the way it looks. I like the way it sounds. So I own it.

But either way, why the hell do you care to call my (or anyone else's, for that matter) collecting habits stupid? It really shouldn't matter to you. You do you. I could buy a brand new pin and leave it in the crate forever. People do it all the time. Whether or not your opinion is that it's stupid really doesn't matter. As long as you're not doing things that you yourself consider to be stupid, then you're OK. If you start doing things that you yourself consider to be stupid, I could see why you might be upset. Other that that, you can kindly keep you opinions about others' collection behavior right where they belong: in your own head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smalltownguy2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-pinball-prices-reached-their-peak?tu=smalltownguy2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.