Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by superNoid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46D64D7D-5106-42D3-B6F8-B86890FD1A45 (resized).jpeg
    C8676E93-8686-413A-AA53-069D4729F5F3 (resized).jpeg
    9DFE87F4-A527-421D-82ED-06370F93F819 (resized).jpeg
    618E372D-B1CB-48BB-B752-E319DFDD2DA2 (resized).jpeg
    2D52CEFF-5004-4246-9819-0D4F462DE23D.gif
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.15.55 PM (resized).png
    15D9399D-D67A-4568-A1F0-066595A4F75D.gif
    3.gif
    a.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well maybe BKSOR, but that didn't sell well due to the "world under the glass" fuckfacitis that is rampant within the pinball community. Its a great game.

I couldn't care less about that "world under glass" nonsense too. I also need to enquire about licensing the word "fuckfacitis" since it cracked me up ... between 3D printers and lots of off the shelf toys out there, anyone can make anything they want to put on a playfield. I've seen Twilight Zones that had so much crap spewed over the playfield that it was hard to identify it as a pinball machine .

I love BKSoR ... I have an LE ... it needs more modes/ancillary stuff though. It's not a very deep game (not like BK or BK2K were ... but I'd expect more from a pin being released in the 21st century). The thing that keeps me coming back to it is that it is frigging brutally difficult.

The whole "let's remove the upper playfield on the Pro version" decision was horrible. You almost have to code up two separate games (seems that the upper playfield was an afterthought). I wish they would have picked one layout to keep the overall base game the same and run with that (kind of like what they did with Deadpool). One single layout could have freed up the time to make the game as deep as possible (my preference would have been to make the upper playfield more useful, but can also see the benefits of it not being there).

Still, the fact that it was a (for the most part) unlicensed theme is what more than likely turned more people away from it. I think the only thing that saved it among your average collector was the topper (by this time next week, you could probably get a fully restored BK2K and BK for the price of one of those toppers ).

In my worthless opinion, BKSoR was Stern's second worse penny pinch decision last decade. Star Wars LE was the absolute worst ... everything from the powder coat they used on the armor to the stupid decision to *not* make a backglass that all LEs have was something between pathetic and sickening when it comes to Stern being cheap ... the white stuff under the armor is frigging unlaminated cardboard!!!!! I learned that cleaning off some fingerprints!. They are full of shit when they say the licensing costs were too high too. It was an epic cash grab and nothing more. I'm just glad I nabbed a used one before they rebounded in price (basically paid less than an NiB Premium from a disgruntled owner). I love that game as well.

I can't wait to see what Steve Ritchie does with a JJP budget ... I don't think he is going to disappoint .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-pinball-prices-reached-their-peak?tu=megadeth2600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.