(Topic ID: 62123)

Have money for one but can't make up my mind.

By gatordad

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If you only had money for one which would you buy.”

• Spiderman 15 votes
      22%
    • AC/DC Premium 28 votes
      41%
    • Tron 14 votes
      21%
    • Sell the TZ and buy 2 of these 3 11 votes
      16%

(68 votes)

#1 10 years ago

My current lineup is a
    TSPP
    LOTR
    TZ

Will have enough cash really soon to add one more A-lister to my lineup.

I have wanted a SM forever !
    I am a Tron geek so that theme screams buy me!
    I played an AC/DC Premium and I absolutely loved it !

Gggrrrhhh.

What do you guys think.

#2 10 years ago

SM by a long shot!

Also > sell me the TZ for a fair price anyway

#3 10 years ago

You have a nice collection so far, I'd add a fast paced, high flow game to your mix, any of the 3 you list above would compliment your collection nicely..

#4 10 years ago

Spiderman or Tron if you can't find one. Either of those would be great. Tron is a quicker/faster game & Spiderman has a little bit "more going on."

#5 10 years ago

if you can afford one of those 3, I would choose neither and buy 3 or 4 other games instead. If cash is tight. Get more for you money buying older games. LOTR is one of my top 5 games of all time, but if my collection was small. I'd rather have 4 or 5 other titles instead. Fill the gameroom up to the max first. Then slowly swap stuff out and upgrade here and there. Because 4 games will always be more fun and hold attention more over time, than 1. No matter what.

#6 10 years ago

Acdc

#7 10 years ago

Tron

#8 10 years ago

I think AC/DC would fit in great with the other games you currently have. Add a music themed pin.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you can afford one of those 3, I would choose neither and buy 3 or 4 other games instead. If cash is tight. Get more for you money buying older games. LOTR is one of my top 5 games of all time, but if my collection was small. I'd rather have 4 or 5 other titles instead. Fill the gameroom up to the max first. Then slowly swap stuff out and upgrade here and there. Because 4 games will always be more fun and hold attention more over time, than 1. No matter what.

I have a few video games in my gameroom as well.
    My custom built Mame Cab (my gateway drug to all this madness!)
    Sportstation NFL Blitz/NBA showtime combo
    Multi Williams game
    DK
    Multi Ms Pac
    Atari Warlords cocktail
    Atari X's and O's Football cocktail
    Space Duel soon to be a multi vector game
    and a Gotlieb Strikes n Spares along with a bar and a pool table.

I agree that Speed and flow is definitely lacking with my current pins.

In the not so distant past I had a nice condition Shadow and player HS2 side by side for a little while (talk about speed and flow) and then for the last couple of years I have been favoring the deeper rule set games.

As you can tell by the games I am considering I want to compliment my current games.
    Anyone own all 3 SM, Tron and AC/DC?
    Which gets the most play from non pinheads and guests?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

As you can tell by the games I am considering I want to compliment my current games.

I don't own Tron. But I own AC/DC and SM. I also own LOTR and TSPP which you have in your current collection. I decided not add Tron awhile ago mainly because I don't need another sci fi, fantasy, action theme in my collection. (and I think the others are better games too)

Non pinheads tend to play AC/DC in my house. Mainly because I think the music is easier to relate to for them. If probably depends on what type of non pinheads you mean as well, kids would probably prefer SM and Tron, adults might prefer AC/DC.

#11 10 years ago

I sense you will get a fairly split vote. All 3 of these are in the top 20 of Pinside's Top 100, as I am sure you know. So we all have a lot of love for all 3 of these games. I have Tron and AC/DC Prem currently, and guess what I have been wanting a Spiderman for awhile now. I agree with the previous writer that AC/DC gets a lot of love from non pinheads at my home, Tron doesn't get much. Not sure if that is an issue for you. If you had equal access, I would grab a Spiderman, they are not that easy to come by, especially when shopping locally, while the other 2 are still in production. Regardless, hard to go wrong with any of them, all make a nice addition to your already sharp collection. Good luck, a lot of people out there wish they were in your shoes with money ready to spend!

#12 10 years ago

Any of those games could easily be resold so I'd get the one you have wanted the longest.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

Which gets the most play from non pinheads and guests?

I got all three . SM gets the most money at location .

#14 10 years ago

I have this problem too. I have enough money for one more game this year and I can't decide between getting a NIB Star Trek or a nice LOTR? What to do?

#15 10 years ago

Create a new thread?

#16 10 years ago

In order of priority:
    ACDC Premium. (To me, this is the best pin ever made. I have yet to find its equal)
    Spiderman. Hoping to get one shortly.
    Tron. Picking one up in a few days. Hoping to trade up to Spiderman in a few months, once I have my fill of Tron.

All three are great games and will be a nice change from your existing line-up. Good luck!

#17 10 years ago

I have a TZ, just added a Tron. You can't go wrong with any of the machines you have in the poll. I am partial to the Tron.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

In order of priority:
    ACDC Premium. (To me, this is the best pin ever made. I have yet to find its equal)
    spiderman. Hoping to get one shortly.
    Tron. Picking one up in a few days. Hoping to trade up to spiderman in a few months, once I have my fill of Tron.
    All three are great games and will be a nice change from your existing line-up. Good luck!

I'm glad you finally got your Tron. Did you trade for it or just buy it outright? I know you really wanted to do the trade.

#19 10 years ago

I have all three. I think Acdc gets the most plays from non pin heads. I play tron the most. My wife hates Acdc. She thinks it is evil. Spider-Man is awesome but has been in my collection the longest. Soon it will be moved to our vacation home and replaced by Metallica.

All are great games. If I could only have one it would be tron.

#20 10 years ago

In your list,I would chose the Sm.I hate the Tron, but better you take a AFM.In your Collection is a
    WPC 95 missing.

Fred

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-money-for-one-but-cant-make-up-my-mind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.