(Topic ID: 160650)

Have LCD displays killed red DMDs for you?

By Aurich

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 226 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).JPG
20160531_223906_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
640x960_(resized).jpg
prince_(resized).jpg
Ken-shoryu-ts.gif
2a4e7884f9b513cd90a3e5dd35cc384c9ecc901c4e3f4355efc64e9adb1ca89b_(resized).jpg
PastedGraphic-B_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Capture_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 7 years ago

i played a few different games at a recent expo and got to experience all sorts of color displays and DMDs. Full Throttle, Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, The Big Lebowski

At the end of the day, I think i preferred how they did it with the The Big Lebowski, still the traditional size more or less, and still feels like dots a bit, just higher resolution. Full Throttle didnt really need to have the display mirrored on the middle of the table, and I felt like i was playing a Redemption machine when i played The Hobbit or Wizard of Oz, not to say they are bad games, I loved them and would love to have them in my collection, but i feel its just not necessary for me to enjoy the actual game. I'm banging a steel ball around on a wooden table. you could replace a lot of these games displays with score reels or alphanumeric scores and i'd be content. Just dont change the light shows or the sounds/music on me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-lcd-displays-killed-red-dmds-for-you?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.