Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15454900950891235327412820813492 (resized).jpg
Pic32_error (resized).JPG
20181221_195422 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Purchased an RZ today in not working condition. Game would state missing balls and not start. I went to reload the software and followed the process outlined on Spooky's website but once I went to restart the machine as instructed on the DMD, I've received the error Connect PIC32 : FAIL when powered back up and the screen instructs me to restart. I've wiped and reloaded the card to no avail. The game seems bricked now. Anyone come across this before?

20181221_195422 (resized).jpg
#3 4 months ago
Quoted from allicks:

Purchased an RZ today in not working condition. Game would state missing balls and not start. I went to reload the software and followed the process outlined on Spooky's website but once I went to restart the machine as instructed on the DMD, I've received the error Connect PIC32 : FAIL when powered back up and the screen instructs me to restart. I've wiped and reloaded the card to no avail. The game seems bricked now. Anyone come across this before?
[quoted image]

Try this procedure from Fawzma. If this doesn't work you'll have to send the board in to Spooky.

Pic32_error (resized).JPG
#4 4 months ago

seems like good advice.

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from allicks:

[quoted image]

Missing balls and not starting is not Software. You more than likely had a bad switch shorted I have the same problem, the common switch that get shorted that affects that switch line for the trough is the switch on the bottom side of the upper playfield “gas” target. The Ball actually bends the diode and will short the switch.

#6 4 months ago

mine was the same problem of the ball hitting the upf switch I think if you run a test it says switch 23 fail

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Try this procedure from Fawzma. If this doesn't work you'll have to send the board in to Spooky.[quoted image]

Awesome that worked! Very glad you had that. So software is reloaded but still missing balls. Will look under the secondary playfield and check anything associated with the trough in the switch matrix.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from pumba:

mine was the same problem of the ball hitting the upf switch I think if you run a test it says switch 23 fail

I am showing one closed switch I wonder if it shouldn't be? Trying to get used to this menu lol. Will get under the 2nd pf and report back.

15454900950891235327412820813492 (resized).jpg
#9 4 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Missing balls and not starting is not Software. You more than likely had a bad switch shorted I have the same problem, the common switch that get shorted that affects that switch line for the trough is the switch on the bottom side of the upper playfield “gas” target. The Ball actually bends the diode and will short the switch.

Will check this out and report back.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ok so the switch did appear to be compromised. I bent the contact back and the switch registers proper but still missing balls.

#11 4 months ago

You can download the switch matrix sheet from spooky’s website under game support.
Check the easy things first. Loose/broken wires to the trough switches, diodes on the trough switches.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from allicks:

Ok so the switch did appear to be compromised. I bent the contact back and the switch registers proper but still missing balls.

Balltrough has a number of switches and instead of one on ball one, it is relocated at the end of the trough. Because it has constant pressure against switch whenever a ball is in trough. It is not engineered enough. Try looking at that one also, it might be flaky.

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from allicks:

[quoted image]

Is it still giving you this message when you try to update?

#14 4 months ago

Don't screw up my old game Alex, lol
I'm sure you will figure it out.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Try this procedure from Fawzma. If this doesn't work you'll have to send the board in to Spooky.[quoted image]</blockquote

You can download the switch matrix sheet from spooky’s website under game support.
Check the easy things first. Loose/broken wires to the trough switches, diodes on the trough switches.

Quoted from pingod:

Don't screw up my old game Alex, lol
I'm sure you will figure it out.

All fixed Dan!! Game is now playing perfectly. The one cherry switch at the vuk in the trough was the suspect for the missing balls. With playfield up on the arm, the cherry switch would register, but noticed it wasn't registered with the playfield in place. Adjusted switch and off to the races!

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is it still giving you this message when you try to update?

Hey Ben, holding the button worked and took the fresh load. On a sidenote, never seen one of your boards til last night. Really love how you laid it out!

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Balltrough has a number of switches and instead of one on ball one, it is relocated at the end of the trough. Because it has constant pressure against switch whenever a ball is in trough. It is not engineered enough. Try looking at that one also, it might be flaky.

This was the issue exactly. Agreed this switch is poorly engineered.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from allicks:

Hey Ben, holding the button worked and took the fresh load. On a sidenote, never seen one of your boards til last night. Really love how you laid it out!

I only designed the circuit, layout was by Parker Dillmann! But thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Jacksonville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside