Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by futurepinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wally.jpg
Postal Inspection Service.png
popcorn-startrek.gif
37012709.jpg
redneck_mentor.jpg
Pac_Man_Ass_Tattoo.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

I think I waited about 4 or 5 months to get my X-files playfield after the seller received my money. He wasn't always efficient about getting back to me. However..... there were a few factors in play..... A) I thought the price was excellent B) Another trusted pinsider knew him and let me know he was going through some health issues. C) I had no immediate plans to install the playfield. No money order in play, just a personal check sent. It was a long wait, but when I received it, it was in excellent condition and packed great. It now resides with Cliffy while he takes some measurements. One day I'll get seriously ambitious and do that swap.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your playfield.

Glenn

#102 6 years ago

Someone has to live close to this guy that can help out??

#103 6 years ago

CFoote - I'm already on it. Offered an aggressive demand letter and follow up, free of charge to a fellow Pinsider. We Pinsiders gotta stick together!

"Unleash the hounds!"

#104 6 years ago

LOL.

37012709.jpg

#105 6 years ago

My pen...and mouth...are lethal weapons!

#106 6 years ago

Just read the replies to my post. It was a JOKE....you think I don't know if 100 Reds come out in a row on a roulette wheel the odds don't change. Give me a break. I am not that stupid even though I have fun letting people think I am....LOL !!!

For any of you to take me seriously really gave me a laugh today. It was in the context of this poster worrying about a $100 fraud. It happens....get over it. Move on. Call American Greed and see if they will put this on their next episode. This is a "penny fraud" as far as fraud's go so that is why I tried to make a joke out of it. The guy took you.....the guy who took your money is a JERK but truly it isn't the end of the world. I understand everyone wants to make him PAY for being a JERK and taking the money from a pinsider and that is very nice of everyone. However, most likely it is going to be a waste of time and effort as the law enforcement agencies have much "bigger fish to fry" then a small "con artist" like this guy is.

Still laughing over the guys who commented on my "system" .... it was a JOKE and I would think anyone could have figured out I was joking but I guess I was wrong....this will keep me laughing for awhile.

Good luck to the OP but as long as you learn a lesson from this the $100 to learn that lesson is minimal. Their are crooks all over the place....be careful. I never get taken but I deal with things differently but the way I deal with things and the way I would have dealt with this I truly can't post. But if I was as upset as you this guy would be giving me back my $100 because I would pay him a little "personal visit" if I was as upset as you are. That is the way you deal with him. However, for $100 it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to even take a trip to meet the jerk and get back my money (and yes I know it would cost you more but it should be the principal at this point not the money if you are indeed this upset......tell him you are coming to see him......you might be surprised if he feels you are serious about what he does then).

#107 6 years ago

^---- I know I'm in the minority here, but damn if I don't just love this guy.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

tell him you are coming to see him

and I'm bringin' Jimmy the Fish and Vinnie the Squirrel with me!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Still laughing over the guys who commented on my "system" .... it was a JOKE and I would think anyone could have figured out I was joking but I guess I was wrong....

For the record, I knew you were joking! Still not a bad plan for getting $100 bucks back though as long as I'm willing to lose $100 more...

Just for anyone curious, I'll be taking Dbaum88 up on his offer if I don't hear back from the seller by Monday.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far!

Jim

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

^---- I know I'm in the minority here, but damn if I don't just love this guy.

100% with you! Once I found out he wasn't just some Pinside jokester's alternate identity I actually read some of the posts.

If the pinball reality show gets made HOP has to be on it. B_R still #1, of course. And please let me see HOP making air quotes with his fingers when he says things like "penny fraud" and "personal visit"

#111 6 years ago

You have definitely been scammed. The post office is not going to do anything about a $100 item. First of all, you may have proof that you purchased a money order, and the actual money order may have been deposited in the seller's account, but there is *NOT* proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the seller did not mail the merchandise. This is required in order to prove mail fraud. Therefore, you will not find a single Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) in this country that will file criminal charges in federal court over a $100 item where fraud cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Remember, police/federal agents/US Postal inspectors can investigate the crime, but unless an AUSA will prosecute it, the case is going no where.

On that note, finding this seller on Mr. Pinball Classifieds was very easy. His name, phone number, and whole complete address is listed on Mr. Pinball Classifieds. Here is the info: Vince Dooley, voice: 706-367-7693, 2160 Athens Hwy., Jefferson, GA. 30549

I say release the hounds and all pinsiders call this dirtbag morning, noon, and night and ask him when is he going to ship the Big Game PF.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from TomC:

On that note, finding this seller on Mr. Pinball Classifieds was very easy.

Ha, I wondered if anyone would find that. I was going to wait before posting that info, but it is publicly available...

At any rate, I do have proof that the seller hasn't shipped it because he's admitted as much in his emails to me. I have proof that I purchased the money order because I have my half of it still.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

100% with you! Once I found out he wasn't just some Pinside jokester's alternate identity I actually read some of the posts.
If the pinball reality show gets made HOP has to be on it. B_R still #1, of course. And please let me see HOP making air quotes with his fingers when he says things like "penny fraud" and "personal visit"

Obviously he could just shout all the caps, but I wonder if he'd be able to vocalize the ellipses and the oft unclosed parenthetical aside.

#114 6 years ago

Guys I am a true NY ITALIAN....of course I can vocalize the caps and ellipses !!! Think of good ole Jimmy Valvano (one of my idols) and of course DA MAN AL PACINO.....they taught me everything I know. As well as my good ole "Uncle Joey" who is mentioned in the book Good Fellas by the way. Trust me, he would deal with this scam situation the "right way"....LOL.

However, it is only a $100.....just let it be. Not worth it. However, us pinsiders could pay him a little visit. Wonder how much he likes his knee caps....LOL !!! Maybe we could start a "pinsider mafia"......Navajas something tells me you would want it. I am sure we could recruit some guys and then we could take it upon ourselves to stop any additional fraud.

Lets get on this.....like the song goes "not as good as I once was".....LOVE THAT VIDEO.....lets turn back the clock a little guys !!!

1 week later
#115 6 years ago

I want to give a big shoutout to Dbaum88 for agreeing to call the seller and write a demand letter! I'm taking him up on this offer and see if we can get this seller to quit stringing me along.

For anyone interested to know, my offer to the seller to have someone pick up the pf has apparently been ignored. He replied back to me without even acknowledging the offer, and promised he would ship last week, and apologized for his poor service. I followed up a few times last week to get and update and tracking info, and got no replies...

Thanks,
Jim

#116 6 years ago

Stringing you along still..

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Stringing you along still..

For real... why does he even bother continuing to promise times he's going to ship? I suppose that works more in my favor than hearing nothing back from the seller at all. At least every time he promises to ship, I have evidence in my email that he hasn't done it to date.

#118 6 years ago

Alright, one more big shout-out to Georgia attorney David, aka Pinsider Dbaum88, aka I AM THE LAW!

He managed to get this deadbeat seller on the phone and put the fear of God, or at least The Law, in him!

The seller was apparently running through his laundry list of excuses for David, but David shut that down and said the time for excuses is up! David told him if he didn't make good on the $100 pf that he sold me, then he was going to have to deal with thousands in legal fees when he gets sued.

Thanks a ton, David! Let's hope that does it!

Thanks,
Jim

#119 6 years ago

Kick ass and kudos to Dbaum88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Have I been scammed?

No, definitely not. These things can take time. By the way, I have several things that I'm sure you'd like to purchase from me. If you'll just send me a money order (I don't accept PayPal) in advance...

#121 6 years ago

Way to go dbaum88.
Nice of you to help out!

#122 6 years ago

Well, we will see if it makes a difference. The guy tried to make the same old excuses, etc etc. he even said he moved and I said, that's okay, my private investigator can find you! Lol. I said "do you really want the sheriff coming to your house?"

We will take it to the next level if it continues...I'm a little doubtful, he really says his name is Vince Dooley.

#123 6 years ago

Amazing that some people can be so brazen...

#124 6 years ago

He's probably on here reading so he knows your game keep stuff private if you want to mess with them otherwise you just handed over your game plan. To the person that said start a pin side mafia I already had a name and logo for Midwest area last year haha

#125 6 years ago

I busted somebody up once, over a small amount of fraud like this. To me, it wasn't the money but somebody thinking they could get away with ripping me off.

He never did it again to anybody, he learnt a very valuable life lesson.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

He's probably on here reading so he knows your game keep stuff private if you want to mess with them otherwise you just handed over your game plan.

There is no game, and he was told over the phone what was posted here, so I don't see any harm in this thread.

#127 6 years ago

Hope this ends well for you. At the start of this thread I was thinking "I hate people today" and then after what Dbaum88 did for you I think "Not everyone is a douchebag".

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

There is no game, and he was told over the phone what was posted here, so I don't see any harm in this thread.

What I meant was that he mite no your game and dodge your buddy more because your posting it here hell know exactly what it is and just not be afraid of what he says I didn't mean it as an actually game. I don't see harm in it either I just wouldn't post what your saying to him till after its been resolved. I hope it all works out for you people like this should pay double crazy doesn't take that long to ship something you should already have. If he was building it different story.

#129 6 years ago

Craps - Bet the pass line, take max odds, place the 6 and 8 for 1 unit => House vig <1.4%

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Well, we will see if it makes a difference. The guy tried to make the same old excuses, etc etc. he even said he moved and I said, that's okay, my private investigator can find you! Lol. I said "do you really want the sheriff coming to your house?"
We will take it to the next level if it continues...I'm a little doubtful, he really says his name is Vince Dooley.

David is a great guy and I'm glad he's on OUR side! Good to have a Pinsider that's REALLY a Lawyer!

#131 6 years ago

It's kind of fun to read this, I think the best part is how invested everyone has been in seeing this transaction completed.

Well, everyone except for the OP Winteriscoming, you sound like a gentle soul with a true Pollyanna heart, and I like that. I'm the same way myself. It felt like a few times in the thread that you almost wished you hadn't even brought up the story in the first place. Especially when it was coming to the point where folks wanted to reach out and contact the seller in person. I'm pretty non-confrontational as well, so I can understand just thinking of the $100 as a lesson learned.

In any case, it's a great thread and I can't wait to hear how it all turns out

#132 6 years ago

I also really want to believe someone's not a scammer until all leads have been exhausted. I know how life can get in the way sometimes and not everyone's as responsive as I'd like (or they should be).

However, by this time without the item or a refund I think I would have listed a BBB on CL for $4000 with his phone number attached.

#133 6 years ago

LOL.....I still can't believe this is going on over $100. This really is funny watching this unfold.

You guys need to watch some episodes of American Greed to truly put this FRAUD into perspective.

However, it was really nice of that pinsider to get involved trying to help you out.

Good luck to you. I can see this ongoing saga still going on a year from now. I still say if you are this upset at him then really deal with it....if not just move on if this doesn't work. It's like telling your Daddy and Mommy the bully at school took your milk money. My Dad would have given me a bat and said "get your money back" after he beat the cr** out of me. My point....it is only $100 and if it is truly bothering you this much the guy got you then REALLY DEAL WITH IT. Otherwise, let it go if this doesn't work.

Truly, I wish there was a way I could take your "milk money".....sorry couldn't resist. Guess you would have your sister try to get it back for you.

#134 6 years ago

House - your opinion is well known. now do us all a favor; hush.

#135 6 years ago

Thanks Al W - we all know you are a classy guy so your opinion means a lot....

I guess I can expect lots of pro bono work for the league members now! lol.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

LOL.....I still can't believe this is going on over $100. This really is funny watching this unfold.
You guys need to watch some episodes of American Greed to truly put this FRAUD into perspective.
However, it was really nice of that pinsider to get involved trying to help you out.
Good luck to you. I can see this ongoing saga still going on a year from now. I still say if you are this upset at him then really deal with it....if not just move on if this doesn't work. It's like telling your Daddy and Mommy the bully at school took your milk money. My Dad would have given me a bat and said "get your money back" after he beat the cr** out of me. My point....it is only $100 and if it is truly bothering you this much the guy got you then REALLY DEAL WITH IT. Otherwise, let it go if this doesn't work.
Truly, I wish there was a way I could take your "milk money".....sorry couldn't resist. Guess you would have your sister try to get it back for you.

I don't know what you do for a living but 100 dollar is not something we just throw away and say oh well where we come I come fro neither if I were well off would I let it slide. Its the principle of this you can't take advantage of people like this weather its 50 dollars or 50 thousand it should be treated the same fraud. Good luck to you and your money you have to throw around I come from a lower class home you wouldn't get away with taking 100 dollars from me.. you'll have a bad time.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I don't know what you do for a living but 100 dollar is not something we just throw away and say oh well where we come I come fro neither if I were well off would I let it slide. Its the principle of this you can't take advantage of people like this weather its 50 dollars or 50 thousand it should be treated the same fraud. Good luck to you and your money you have to throw around I come from a lower class home you wouldn't get away with taking 100 dollars from me.. you'll have a bad time.

Maybe everyone who considers 100 as milk money can donate to my impending Big Game pf replacement fund for when I have to find another source for one.

Quoted from Don1:

It's kind of fun to read this, I think the best part is how invested everyone has been in seeing this transaction completed.
Well, everyone except for the OP Winteriscoming, you sound like a gentle soul with a true Pollyanna heart, and I like that. I'm the same way myself. It felt like a few times in the thread that you almost wished you hadn't even brought up the story in the first place. Especially when it was coming to the point where folks wanted to reach out and contact the seller in person. I'm pretty non-confrontational as well, so I can understand just thinking of the $100 as a lesson learned.
In any case, it's a great thread and I can't wait to hear how it all turns out

Give me some credit! I am invested in getting this resolved. I've invested $100!

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Dude. Don't feed this guy.

Wait, who am I kidding. Feed him, feed him. The results are almost tirelessly hilarious.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Dude. Don't feed this guy.
Wait, who am I kidding. Feed him, feed him. The results are almost tirelessly hilarious.

His user tag suites him houseofopinions ha

#140 6 years ago

Sounds like it, unfortunately. Months of family issues preventing him from shipping raise up about as many red flags as one can for me. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even have the PF. If he does, he might be doing this to try and get out the transaction or push you into you give up. Maybe I'm jaded...

#141 6 years ago

Ok, so I'm a bit conflicted.

I've got a line on someone in my own state selling two semi-populated Big Game PFs and a set of plastics. I can pick the PF I want, one is supposed to be pretty nice compared to the other, and get the plastics set, one of which I actually need, for what I consider a decent price. Though he's still too far to be a convenient drive, and shipping will be less than fuel costs, so I'm still looking at a remote transaction. He's willing to take PayPal, though, so I'd have protection.

I'm not giving up on making the previous seller make good and I do still want to pursue making him at least give me a refund if he's not going to ship the PF, but I also don't want to miss the opportunity to get a replacement PF now that I've found a source for another.

Previously I wasn't seeing any other options for a replacement PF, so the scammer could hold it hostage and I'd be more inclined to work with him since he was the only one who had what I needed.

Best case scenario here is that I get the PF from the new seller and get a refund from the previous seller.

Next best, but less than ideal would be that I get the PF from the new seller and then the first seller decides to finally ship instead of giving a refund. In this case I could hang the lesser one on the wall or sell to someone else who needs it in the future.

Next worse would be that I get the PF from the other seller and nothing ends up getting resolved with the first seller. At least I've have a PF, though.

Worst case is the new seller tries to screw me over, too, but then I'd have PayPal and credit card protection to be able to get my money back, so besides time wasted, I'd come out ok.

Again, not giving up on making the scammer pay, and I do still appreciate any help towards getting that resolved.

I really just want to play this game!

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim

#142 6 years ago

If you have the $$, I'd say get the 2nd PF. Better to end up with two than zero. Will make it easier to swallow if you get no satisfaction from the first guy.

#143 6 years ago

Maybe someone on the forum can go check it out
for you..

#144 6 years ago

If you want a playfield for BG then I'd buy the one that just came up. I'd considider the $100 for the first PF gone and a bonus if you ever get anything out of it.

#145 6 years ago

A sight unseen deal can end up bad..

#146 6 years ago

I've been following this chain. And I must say it is pretty entertaining. But I keep waiting for the conclusion. Like a mystery movie, you can't wait until you find out how it ends.

But Winteriscoming, the answer you are looking for is obvious. You wanted a PF. So go after the new one. The whole reason why you bought the first PF is so you can enjoy your pinball. So just do it. Don't let money that has already been spent affect your future decisions. Its water under the bridge.

If you get your money back from the original purchase or if you actually do get the PF, great icing on the cake.

Also do not let this new purchase affect your decision to go after the original seller. You still need to pursue him just as if you never received a PF.

That's my advise.

good luck

#147 6 years ago

I just read through the whole thread hoping for a conclusion. Too bad, I hope you can get some kind of resolution. Nice work DBaum. Way to pay it forward.

It's funny to hear people saying that 2 months is just ridiculous. I waited more than two months for an item from a merchant that many people on Pinside deal with and recommend. Hopefully yours works out the way mine did: a lot of headache, e-mails and phone calls later I had what I paid for.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

It's funny to hear people saying that 2 months is just ridiculous.

Why? It IS just ridiculous.

Quoted from ReallifePin:

I waited more than two months for an item from a merchant that many people on Pinside deal with and recommend.

That doesn't make waiting for more than 2 months any more acceptable. Sorry that happened to you, but just because it did doesn't make it ok to drag heals sending out an item that was paid for promptly.

#149 6 years ago

I do my best to ship things in a day, two days tops. Unless said before a deal is made, waiting weeks is ridiculous.

#150 6 years ago

This is a hobby where shipping happens exceedingly fast. You pay for something, it ships within a couple days. I have bought a lot of stuff from a lot of pinsiders and they always seemed concerned about shipping something out quickly . . . it is not this way in other hobbies I have been in and just another great thing about pinheads.

I sure hope this turns around for you soon OP and you get the playfied, from the dude you already bought it from or another dude.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside