(Topic ID: 306648)

Have Buyer That Wants to Pay with Zelle or Venmo. Thoughts?

By Gryszzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211226_091208 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

You guys are paranoid

Rightfully so , wish the world were a better place but it isnt in this respect.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I'm one of those nerds that reads the whole service agreement before I sign up for anything. This is from the Zelle agreement provided by Chase Bank - here's the reason why I decided not to use Zelle:
    "21. No Purchase Protection
    Neither we nor Zelle offer purchase protection for the purchase of goods and/or services (e.g.,
    coverage for non-receipt, damage, or "not as described" claims related to the purchase of such
    goods and/or services). The Service is not intended for the purchase of goods from retailers,
    merchants, or the like."
    That doesn't sound like a very good service to use for pinball purchases, especially if they're shipped. Maybe if you know the person, or have some other way to guarantee that you'll get what you paid for. But Zelle does not protect you.
    Remember, if an online service is free, most likely YOU and your personal information are the product that is being sold.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is all about purchase protection. The concern was if someone pays like this, is the money "real". All this is saying is that if you USE the service and find something wrong with the product, sorry.

I do wish there were a universally safe service where you could instantly send / receive secure funds that couldnt be refunded. Getting cash out is a massive pain in the ass, but I completely understand the reasoning.

I am going to start accepting Walmart or Apple Store gift cards as payment, but only if the buyers scratch the back of the card and send me the pin.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Zelle is a direct bank to bank wire, much a safer than venmo

Venmo also has limits right? Does Zelle ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-buyer-that-wants-to-pay-with-zelle-or-venmo-thoughts?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.