(Topic ID: 306648)

Have Buyer That Wants to Pay with Zelle or Venmo. Thoughts?

By Gryszzz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211226_091208 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago

Is there a section for what constitutes a reversible event?

#102 2 years ago

We may return all or part of any Transfer Transaction to the sending financial institution, at any time and in our sole discretion, if either:

we are unable to establish that you are the intended recipient of the Transfer Transaction,
    you do not enroll with the Transfer Service the specific email address or telephone number the sending Member has provided to us for you,
    we reasonably believe that completing the Transfer Transaction would violate any applicable law or regulation,
    the Member sending the funds has exceeded any of the sending limits established by the Member’s financial institution for Transfer Transactions,
    you have exceeded or will, by receiving the pending Transfer Transaction, exceed any of your receiving limits for Transfer Transactions,
    we are advised that either the Participating Financial Institution, the Member initiating the Transfer Transaction, or the owner of the Funding Account from which the payment was made, has alleged that the Transfer Transaction was fraudulent or unauthorized, or
    you do not identify a Deposit Account within a reasonable time, not to exceed 14 calendar days, after you are sent notice of a pending Transfer Transaction.

#103 2 years ago

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to encapsulate the section I pasted earlier, which is pretty broad as written.

#104 2 years ago

All those reasons are typical. Nothing there that someone could reverse just cause they wanted too. Seems just like a wire transfer.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

All those reasons are typical. Nothing there that someone could reverse just cause they wanted too. Seems just like a wire transfer.

Ya, I just don't read it as good as cash, or as with as much confidence as a wire given the 11.B text which states you are responsible for any reversal for any reason. It's not listed as predicated on the terms in the other section I pasted.

"...reversed for any reason...without prior notice to you"

#106 2 years ago

Right. But I feel confident that “for any reason” is limited to those items they list as possible reversal events. Which none of them are any reasons that could screw either party. They are all related to illegal transactions that are attempted basically.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

See post 43

#108 2 years ago

Thanks for posting this...I have been wondering this myself and all the information in the thread is very informative

#109 2 years ago

I have a potential buyer of a $1500 deposit for a pre-order spot. Brand new member but did contribute to Pinside. Wants to PayPal the $ via friends n family. Im not comfortable with this. Would a bank check and waiting at least 2 weeks for it to clear be the best way to go? Thanks!

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

I have a potential buyer of a $1500 deposit for a pre-order spot. Brand new member but did contribute to Pinside. Wants to PayPal the $ via friends n family. Im not comfortable with this. Would a bank check and waiting at least 2 weeks for it to clear be the best way to go? Thanks!

If you bank at a nationwide bank, the person could walk into their local branch ad deposit the cash directly into your account. All they would need is your full name and account number. I bought games like this in the past, but I'm not sure the banks still allow this. The other issue is that you may not feel comfortable giving out your account number to a total stranger.

#111 2 years ago

have them send you a check and go to their bank and cash it .No ties to your bank.Thats if you take a check at all.

#112 2 years ago

Bank wire or Zelle would be better.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bank wire or Zelle would be better.

Wouldn't i then have to give the buyer all my bank account info for a transfer?

#114 2 years ago

Wouldn't i then have to give the buyer all my bank account info for a transfer?

No.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-buyer-that-wants-to-pay-with-zelle-or-venmo-thoughts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.