(Topic ID: 154576)

Have a Kixx bubble soccer, suggestions for teams if custom painted?

By Agent_Hero

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rosa1029
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
a_011_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'm thinking of sending my players off to be custom painted like these Chexx players:

ebay.com link » Super Chexx Bubble Hockey Custom Player Painting And Game Decaling

My first thought is USA vs Brazil or USA vs Mexico, but I'd almost consider a classic Premier League rivalry as well. Kinda want some iconic uniforms/players...maybe Cristiano Ronaldo/Lionel Messi? Any ideas for a good 3 forwards, 2 defenders, 1 goalie lineup if I go the custom painted players route?

#2 4 years ago

I vote Germany spain.

#3 4 years ago

I had them paint USSR/USA, after the classic olympic games, for a friend of mine. (and I think that was the first Chexx game, if I am not mistaken). they came out awesome. He has a house near lake placid. definitely pricey!

#4 4 years ago

USSR doesn't have much of a soccer presence...mine are soccer players! What's an iconic soccer matchup?

#5 4 years ago

without a doubt: Liverpool and Manchester United
one of the most bitter rivalries in all of sports

a_011_(resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

Bayern Munchen and Bayern Nurnburg

#7 4 years ago

I have a box of parts including spare players and ball eject solenoid for super kixx version. Ball ejects are super unobtainium and games that have this go out makes it a giant paperweight.

Also have a full decal set for the 2002 Budweiser World Cup edition if anyone is looking to restore theirs.

As for teams, USA vs Mexico would be my suggestion. Classic rivals and top two teams in CONCACAF. Would be best for resale as Mexico has a huge and passionate fan base. Would find a few more buyers with that matchup.

Good luck! Fantastic game....I have had two over the years.

#8 4 years ago

Thankfully, my ball ejector works great. I just need the actual ball. I don't suppose you have one, Blitzburgh? I'm sure someone else can use your spare eject solenoid, all of the searches I've found for info on this game have a few people saying they want one. Might be a good part to reproduce/3D print? Mine also didn't have the light fixture at the top of the dome, but I found a neat light at Target that is motion-activated, battery powered with LED's and it's about the same size as the fixture was. Kinda cool because if you walk by it when the room is dark, it kinda begs you to play it.

#9 4 years ago

NY Cosmos and Chicago Sting!

#10 4 years ago

I vote for Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Messi vs Ronaldo.

th_(resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

NY Cosmos and Chicago Sting!

Didn't Pele play for the Cosmos? At least there'd be a recognizable name--for the older crowd anyway. I feel like there are a lot more iconic historical matchups for painting hockey players on a Chexx than soccer players on a Kixx.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Didn't Pele play for the Cosmos? At least there'd be a recognizable name--for the older crowd anyway. I feel like there are a lot more iconic historical matchups for painting hockey players on a Chexx than soccer players on a Kixx.

Yep, Pele did play for the Cosmos in the twilight of his career.

The simple one for your KIXX might just be USA vs Mexico

1 year later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Thankfully, my ball ejector works great. I just need the actual ball. I don't suppose you have one, Blitzburgh? I'm sure someone else can use your spare eject solenoid, all of the searches I've found for info on this game have a few people saying they want one. Might be a good part to reproduce/3D print? Mine also didn't have the light fixture at the top of the dome, but I found a neat light at Target that is motion-activated, battery powered with LED's and it's about the same size as the fixture was. Kinda cool because if you walk by it when the room is dark, it kinda begs you to play it.

I make Kixx balls if you are interested from a mold of an original ball.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from mwpotvin:

I make Kixx balls if you are interested from a mold of an original ball.

Make sure you post that info on Chexxfan.com

2 months later
#15 2 years ago

mwpotvin, would you still be making Kixx balls?

#16 2 years ago

How many pieces are painted ? What is decaled? I only saw one pic .

3 weeks later
#17 2 years ago

steve-in-ct do you still paint the players for bubble hockey? I have a Shelti table.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 75.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside