Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hob.jpg
smg2.pdf (PDF preview)
smg.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg
image-367.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Best of luck at the expo this week. We are excited to hear and see your latest products. But most importantly - HAVE FUN!

-Thomas

#76 9 years ago

Just to be clear this is 9:30 PM Central Time. 10:30 PM EST?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, there was a thread with a leak of JJP's official pic, that was deleted. I didn't bother saving the photo out of it, everyone will see it tonight.
It will become clear why Jack wasn't too happy with my mockups soon enough.

I think everyone expected a Smaug version at one time or another. I wonder if they were surprised Aurich jumped on it so quickly with a mock up after the 'finalized' cab was shown...

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I really didn't. If I was still on the JJP Google forum I would go find the post from Jack where he swore there would be no other special edition of Hobbit beyond the limited edition.

No disrespect intended here but when Gary and Jack say never you can't put 100% certainty on that. I don't - and for that matter that applies to most people. "Never say Never".

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They must be going after the people that just have an obession with gold

I guess that way the Gold pin owner would be their own 'King under the mountain"

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I hope I can stay awake past 10:30 EST!

How could you sleep

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

What are the odds that Pat's game gets announced and deposits are requested?

Likely I would think - this is the right place and time for that kind of information.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If that Smaug pic is legit, this looks amazing.
Having said that, someone REALLY needs to take Jack aside and explain how the whole Pro/Premium/LE option works.
This guy's just making up the rules as he goes along!
"I'm sorry. Your LE isn't THE LE, it's just AN LE. There are many others, just like it, only more expensive and likely easier to resell. Confused?"

All due respect, but I don't think LE means that you can't have other LE models. THLE is one LE version, Smaug is another LE. Doesn't Stern do this also? AC/DC - back in black / let there be rock. Transforms had an autobots and decepticons LE versions if I recall.

#116 9 years ago

Sorry to hear, but thanks for clearing that up.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

But just wait and see tonight

Hope I get to 'see' - I am hoping another pinsider at the expo streams it for us. Any other way to possibly see this information live?

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Whatever tonight brings....it will decide what my first NIB is. Star Trek Premium or Hobbit.
A lot of you will say "Duh! Hobbit!" and that's fine....as long as it knocks my socks off.

I hear you...If I was a hard core Star Trek fan I would have a hard time not getting the Stern Star Trek.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I also feel the need to wait another 2-3 years before I feel more comfortable that they won't announce

Your call...

#157 9 years ago

My question is can I have the Smaug SE with the LE red dragon toy? Not sure I want the gold one...can someone ask during the QA part of the session?

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And yes, why was the option to "move sideways" to the 75th Ruby Red edition never given to ECLE WOZ

He said he learned from his mistakes and wants to make good with the hobbit. It's cool. And it is okay that they improved the lighting system - WOZ was their first pin and they had to learn from it. It is likely they will carry on improvements to the 3rd game as well from things done 'wrong' in the hobbit.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You really don't have any hesitation about drinking their Kook-aid?

I am disappointed about a few things.

1) the lack of Smaug integration with the playfield. JJP seems to hate that as well. The angle of Smuag is a bit funny from the players perspective. Overall sculpt is pretty good - I feel he should have teeth though.
2) The Bag End book isn't doing it for me at all.

Overall I think the pin is worth keeping my order. Some may bail, some may come aboard. What I am most interested in:
1) The LCD movie assets (those look cool so far)
2) The music and call outs
3) The amazing game play modes

#200 9 years ago

</blank post>

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-great-expo-jjp?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.