Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hob.jpg
smg2.pdf (PDF preview)
smg.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg
image-367.jpg
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

The cabinet has built in leg protectors.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, there was a thread with a leak of JJP's official pic, that was deleted. I didn't bother saving the photo out of it, everyone will see it tonight.

Thread's dead, baby. Thread's dead.

The pic, though... https://img-f.pinside.com/201410/1968537/302914.png

#103 9 years ago

Nice! Talk about an improvement.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

lol

Smaug on the cab art

Quoted from Aurich:

It will become clear why Jack wasn't too happy with my mockups soon enough.

You can say that again

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

So is this how JJP gets all of us pre order guys to dump our $7500 Hobbit LE and pay up for the real LE (Smaug edition) Guessing $8500 to $9000
The game in the Pic should be the LE!

#106 9 years ago

maybe that is the real LE and the other will be the standard's cab art?

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

If that's the case then Alex was right I'm gunna be very happy!!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I hope that's the case. I've a Thle order paid in full since months and i'm really considering cancelling my order and asking for a refund if the Smaug Edition is not the real Le and if i had to pay more to get this version.

#109 9 years ago

Considering the JJP site clearly listed 3 different prices ($8000, $8500, and $9000) and 3 different models for Hobbit .... here seem to be the only (likely) possibilities:
1) The $8500 version is the "limited edition" that current pre-orders represent. The $9000 version is this new "Gold Smaug Edition" and current pre-orders will have the option to upgrade either for a reduced fee or possibly even for free
Note: It still remains to be revealed whether this new "Gold Smaug Edition" will be a "limited" edition or just a "special" unlimited edition.
2) The $9000 "Gold Smaug Edition" is now the "limited" edition and is what all current pre-orders will be getting. The $8500 version with the artwork already shown becomes a "special" edition with powder coating over the "standard" edition which will just be brushed chrome.

Option 1 seems the most likely since, IF JJP is close to selling out the LE's, what would be the point of raising (or listing) the price to $9K now (as noted in option 2).

All I know is ... if I was expecting to have a "Limited" edition of a game, I would think that edition would be the deluxe, high-end, and more expensive version (and fewest made too.) It seems crazy to me that JJP would once again introduce another new model above the "limited" edition model. Can't wait for how this gets spun tonight.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another ediition was leaked? If that is the case I hope all 3 feature the same gameplay components.
$9k is too expensive in my book for a pin. $7.5k is my limit and that is already crazy. For $9k the Smaug edition, if it does exist, better come with real gold accents on Smaug and a diamond representing the Arkenstone, haha.

Same shit different game.

#111 9 years ago

What are the odds that Pat's game gets announced and deposits are requested?

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Likely I would think - this is the right place and time for that kind of information.

#113 9 years ago

If that Smaug pic is legit, this looks amazing.

Having said that, someone REALLY needs to take Jack aside and explain how the whole Pro/Premium/LE option works.
This guy's just making up the rules as he goes along!
"I'm sorry. Your LE isn't THE LE, it's just AN LE. There are many others, just like it, only more expensive and likely easier to resell. Confused?"

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Zero

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Having said that, someone REALLY needs to take Jack aside and explain how the whole Pro/Premium/LE option works.
"I'm sorry. Your LE isn't THE LE, it's just AN LE. There are many others, just like it, only more expensive and likely easier to resell. Confused?"

All due respect, but I don't think LE means that you can't have other LE models. THLE is one LE version, Smaug is another LE. Doesn't Stern do this also? AC/DC - back in black / let there be rock. Transforms had an autobots and decepticons LE versions if I recall.

#116 9 years ago

Sorry to hear, but thanks for clearing that up.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

All due respect, but I don't think LE means that you can't have other LE models. THLE is one LE version, Smaug is another LE. Doesn't Stern do this also? AC/DC - back in black / let there be rock. Transforms had an autobots and decepticons LE versions if I recall.

^^^ This. But just wait and see tonight.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

But just wait and see tonight

Hope I get to 'see' - I am hoping another pinsider at the expo streams it for us. Any other way to possibly see this information live?

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sorry to hear, but thanks for clearing that up.

I'm pretty sure he's only saying there's zero chance that they'll start taking deposits tonight. I'd be surprised if they didn't mention Pat's game at all. I don't think they'll take any deposits on Pat's game ... just payments when they're ready to ship! At least I hope so.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hope I get to 'see' - I am hoping another pinsider at the expo streams it for us. Any other way to possibly see this information live?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#121 9 years ago

Here's hoping that people who have preordered the LE can have the choice to have the Smaug decals on their game at no extra charge.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm pretty sure he's only zero chance that they'll start taking deposits tonight. I'd be surprised if they didn't mention Pat's game at all. I don't think they'll take any deposits on Pat's game ... just payments when they're ready to ship!

Wow this is becoming a habit.

BZZZZZT WRONG!

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Stern gives you the LE options all at once. They don't announce one LE, wait nearly 2 years, and then announce another. I thought JJP would have learned their lesson after Ruby Red and the numerous customers they upset but apparently not. Additionally, I know for a fact that Jack once stated on the Google forum something to the effect that there would be no other special editions of Hobbit (he wouldn't do it again.) He fooled me once (shame on him) ... thank goodness I didn't let him fool me twice.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow this is becoming a habit.
BZZZZZT WRONG!

Okay ... so I'm wrong, JJP will not say anything about Pat's game. I'm not sure why that is something for you to be proud to say that I'm wrong about, but okay.

#125 9 years ago

After all the delays we waited through on WOZ, and the date being pushed back on THLE, I'm sure glad I stopped making payments on my THLE in January. I was pretty upset by the 75th Anniversary announcement, but ended up glad I didn't cancel and eventually got my ECLEWOZ. At this point, as happy as I am that I stuck it out on WOZ, I may be out on THLE based on the announcement this evening, or paying off my outstanding balance tomorrow.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Drfurly:

After all the delays we waited through on WOZ, and the date being pushed back on THLE, I'm sure glad I stopped making payments on my THLE in January. I was pretty upset by the 75th Anniversary announcement, but ended up glad I didn't cancel and eventually got my ECLEWOZ. At this point, as happy as I am that I stuck it out on WOZ, I may be out on THLE based on the announcement this evening, or paying off my outstanding balance tomorrow.

Though I completely understand where you're coming from, based on the same announcement, I could be in for a Hobbit after all.
Bottom line is, if Jack announces something cool, it'll sell.

#127 9 years ago

I am so freaking excited about this pin!!!

#128 9 years ago

Whatever tonight brings....it will decide what my first NIB is. Star Trek Premium or Hobbit.

A lot of you will say "Duh! Hobbit!" and that's fine....as long as it knocks my socks off.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Whatever tonight brings....it will decide what my first NIB is. Star Trek Premium or Hobbit.
A lot of you will say "Duh! Hobbit!" and that's fine....as long as it knocks my socks off.

My first NIB order was Hobbit. My first NIB to arrive was Star Trek Premium. Get both! I am looking forward to the hobbit reveal tonight can't wait!

#130 9 years ago

I hear you...If I was a hard core Star Trek fan I would have a hard time not getting the Stern Star Trek.

#131 9 years ago

Can't you just about buy a used (but mint) STLE for the price of a NIB ST Premium? You just have your heart set on a NIB?

I think there is little chance Hobbit won't prove to be a great game (and certainly better than ST.)

#132 9 years ago

Go with a HUO STLE. I did it a month ago and am very happy I did. They have taken a big hit since coming out with their new higher pricing on that game. Then wait a year and get a HUO THLE to save another thousand bucks. THLE is a 1500 game production run, so its not really limited. Add the smaug version to the mix and there will be plenty on the HUO market at discounted prices compared to new.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Can't you just about buy a used (but mint) STLE for the price of a NIB ST Premium? You just have your heart set on a NIB?
I think there is little chance Hobbit won't prove to be a great game (and certainly better than ST.)

I prefer the cabinet art of the Premium to the LE. It simply looks better.

#134 9 years ago

Pinch, are we going to get Pats announcement? You said no to the AND deposits. So you are implying there is a chance!

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinch, are we going to get Pats announcement? You said no to the AND deposits. So you are implying there is a chance!

I have no idea what pat will say at his chat but I doubt he is going to give you much info lol. And to that point no we won't be taking deposits for pats game.

#136 9 years ago

Why would anyone want to now prepay for an LE when later in the building processs you find out that their will be an LELE......
Was pissed after the WOZLE and Ruby later on!
P.s Aurich - like your version more

For gods sake, Just bring 1 machine out, no need for pro,prem,LE,LELE,LELELE

#137 9 years ago

Alex, you must have been a fireman in a previous life, because you are constantly putting out fires here!

Quoted from Goronic:

And Luci.

We musn't forget Luci.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Couldn't agree more.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's hoping that people who have preordered the LE can have the choice to have the Smaug decals on their game at no extra charge.

+1

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Alex, you must have been a fireman in a previous life, because you are constantly putting out fires here!

And Luci.
We musn't forget Luci.

Luci edition was not a limited edition game and was basically priced the same as the other Premium. That being said, I think Stern coming out with new editions (vault edition or otherwise) after the initial launch of the game is also incredibly idiotic. All they are doing is encouraging folks to not buy NIB and instead just sit back and wait a few years to see what all versions really do come out. It comes back to the whole resale factor/argument too. I certainly don't need my games to go up in value ... I just don't want to have to take a 30% (or so) hit right off the bat. It's ridiculous especially considering the significant price increases we've seen in the industry. Both Stern and JJP are shooting themselves in the foot (IMHO) but just can't get themselves to see past today.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Luci edition was not a limited edition game and was basically priced the same as the other Premium. That being said, I think Stern coming out with new editions (vault edition or otherwise) after the initial launch of the game is also incredibly idiotic. All they are doing is encouraging folks to not buy NIB and instead just sit back and wait a few years to see what all versions really do come out. It comes back to the whole resale factor/argument too. I certainly don't need my games to go up in value ... I just don't want to have to take a 30% (or so) hit right off the bat. It's ridiculous especially considering the significant price increases we've seen in the industry. Both Stern and JJP are shooting themselves in the foot (IMHO) but just can't get themselves to see past today.

Stern bringing out Vault Editions is hardly idiotic. It's good business sense.

#141 9 years ago

Stern bringing out Vault Editions is hardly idiotic. It's good business sense.

I'm one of the ones who isn't just saying he's not buying NIB again ... I'm actually not. You don't think there are many folks who felt burned by Luci coming out or by JJP announcing the Ruby Red 75th edition? The impact may not be obvious or have fully occured yet, but it will. I obviously still need some folks to volunteer putting up their money for NIB so I can buy the game in a year or so for 30-35% discount. So please .. be excited .. Hobbit will be a great game .. and buy it! <- Not sarcasm.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm one of the ones who isn't just saying he's not buying NIB again ... I'm actually not. You don't think there are many folks who felt burned by Luci coming out or by JJP announcing the Ruby Red 75th edition? The impact may not be obvious or have fully occured yet, but it will. I obviously still need some folks to volunteer putting up their money for NIB so I can buy the game in a year or so for 30-35% discount. So please .. be excited .. Hobbit will a great game .. and buy it! <- Not sarcasm.

Not seeing the uproar. Especially not about Stern's vault editions or Luci.

#143 9 years ago

However this plays out, I think those that pre-ordered should be able to opt for the higher end (possibly Smaug) model at no cost.

If not, that'd be a real shame for JJP to pull this kind of BS a second time.

EDIT: BTW, I do not have a pre-order on this pin.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

However this plays out, I think those that pre-ordered should be able to opt for the higher end (possibly Smaug) model at no cost.

Stay tuned.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If it is free to you (quite possibly) ... then they are certainly treating you a lot nicer than they treated the folks who waited even longer for their ECLE WOZ's (and supported them from day 1 despite never seeing any game from them.) There was no "free" option to switch to the 75th Edition and many of us didn't have the option period (since our ECLE was already delivered when the 75th Edition was announced.)

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If it is free to you (quite possibly) ... then they are certainly treating you a lot nicer than they treated the folks who waited even longer for their ECLE WOZ's (and supported them from day 1 despite never seeing any game from them.) There was no "free" option to switch to the 75th Edition and many of us didn't have the option period (since our ECLE was already delivered when the 75th Edition was announced.)

You pre-ordered a $7k plus pin from a startup company that had never built one before? Without having seen images of it or a flipping whitewood, etc??

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

My gut feeling is that things will go the way of what Stern is nearly doing with TWD:
A base model with a number of options ordered ala carte. So strictly speaking, one edition that, for a price, gets customized with a bunch of options.

Body armor finish color. Toppers. Backglasses. Maybe even side art.

Stern is almost there with TWD.
JJP is kind of doing it with invisiglass, preinstalled full playfield protectors, cosmetic items (from RR that EE users could purchase to "upgrade").

I think the assembly lines at both manufacturers possibly sophisticated enough that they can do this on the line.

So like it or not, that's where I see this headed.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

You pre-ordered a $7k plus pin from a startup company that had never built one before? Without having seen images of it or a flipping whitewood, etc??

Yes, yes I did (except I paid $7500 nearly 2 years in advance.) I was sold on Jack's speeches and charisma. But then reality sunk in ... many delays, unrealistic ship dates (that many of us felt were flat out lies in hindsight), features not delivered on, game elements that were disappointing, and the biggest slap in the face ... the newer LE, with additional toys, the 75th Ruby Red Edition.

Not a good experience at all. Many chalked it up to ... hey, it's their first game, it was a one-time thing with Warner Bros. celebrating the 75th anniversary and their special catalog, blah blah blah. Oh yeah? Well let's see what JJP announces with Hobbit in an hour.

#149 9 years ago

CraZ4Pin...I know we've had our differences. But I really think you're going to be sorry you cancelled your Hobbit order in about an hour or so. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

#150 9 years ago

have any of you read through the sales brochure? 6 pinball+1 captive ! 15 player controlled up/down targets, im trying to upload it but it keeps failing to give it an id.smg.pdfsmg.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

13,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-great-expo-jjp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.