Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hob.jpg
smg2.pdf (PDF preview)
smg.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg
image-367.jpg
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm guessing the LE owners will have the opportunity to switch to the Smaug edition.

Yeah but at what price??? I mean I, like a lot of others, got in at the 7500 price. If they give the opportunity to jump up to the Smaug Edition how much more will JJP charge for the upgrade.

Also, if JJP does do this Smaug edition after doing the Ruby 75th edition I see absolutely no benefit in ever putting a deposit down on a JJP machine as there is no benefit!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Store says $8k standard, $8.5k limited, $9k Smaug edition.

I'm sure this will obviously all be cleared up tonight .. but even after their explanation tonight I think I'll still find this strategy very confusing. Your middle tier game ... at 8.5K ... is the "limited" edition. And the high-end version of your game (Gold/Smaug) is 9K and apparently unlimited? Seems odd to me but I'm sure both versions will look cool.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It would seem that is the only way pre-order people would be happy assuming switching is free.

Well I absolutely wont be happy if we switch to it and have to pay another $1500. So much for the LE.

#54 9 years ago

Can we back up for a minute? Where is the link to this new "smaug" edition info? Guessing rumor & chatter from people at expo? JJP website is not up. Thanks guys

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well I wonder if we will get hosed and not get all the toys that should be on it if we dont buy the smaug version. Im starting to get the feeling there may be some upset people tonight.

From the listed features the only difference is the artwork, trim and a gold colored Smaug toy.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

From the listed features the only difference is the artwork, trim and a gold colored Smaug toy.

Correct, that's what I saw. BUT ... even if folks can switch to the Gold Smaug edition for FREE ... I still find it confusing. Why does the Smaug edition appear unlimited, and the middle tier game (at 8500) IS limited? And why would this not be a little upsetting to everyone that even yet another edition of the game will be out there ... and likely hurting the resale value of these games even further.

#57 9 years ago

Eh, wait until tonight for all the answers. I'm happy for the sneak-peak this morning and confirmation that JJP is listening (re:Smaug artwork)

#58 9 years ago

He can make any other editions he wants as far as I'm concerned. Just give me my THLE at the early price and I'm a happy camper.

#59 9 years ago

Just wait wait wait wait wait. .

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This is pinside, we can't can't can't can't can't.

#61 9 years ago

What are you all talking about? What Store? Can you share a link? I'm excited to see what they will be announcing tonight.

Quoted from iepinball:

#62 9 years ago

So a pic was posted and removed? why? someone repost the pic please!

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'll wait (no choice apparently). I just hope whatever reveal there is about another addition does not upset the most ardent supporters.

#64 9 years ago

Another ediition was leaked? If that is the case I hope all 3 feature the same gameplay components.

$9k is too expensive in my book for a pin. $7.5k is my limit and that is already crazy. For $9k the Smaug edition, if it does exist, better come with real gold accents on Smaug and a diamond representing the Arkenstone, haha.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

What store?

Pinballsales (the distributor side of JJP) still shows the HobbitLE being sold for $8000. If the price is indeed going up, anyone interested might want to order before the site is updated.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another ediition was leaked? If that is the case I hope all 3 feature the same gameplay features.
$9k is too expensive in my book for a pin. $7.5k is my limit and that is already crazy. For $9k the Smaug edition, if it does exist, better come with real gold accents on Smaug and a diamond representing the Arkenstone.

Maybe everyone that pre ordered can upgrade for free as Alex said a lot of people are going to be happy

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No problem. I've waited this long already, what's another few hours.

I find the initial moaning about multiple versions of TH hilarious though. I could give a rat's ass how many "limited" editions there are. LE's, Standards, Smaugs....whatever. Let them produce as many as they want of each version, makes absolutely no difference to me. All I care about is MY machine, and I want to be as SWEET as possible. I'm not in this to resell down the road due to "low production numbers/increased value". I just want an incredible pin, which I have no doubt TH will be

Looking forward to tonight's presentation!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm sure this will obviously all be cleared up tonight .. but even after their explanation tonight I think I'll still find this strategy very confusing. Your middle tier game ... at 8.5K ... is the "limited" edition. And the high-end version of your game (Gold/Smaug) is 9K and apparently unlimited? Seems odd to me but I'm sure both versions will look cool.

I don't really care about "limited" (did anyone really consider 1500 machines to be limited?). I only care about what I'm getting for my $7500.

#69 9 years ago

The store was pulled offline. You'll see tonight/tomorrow when it comes back up.

The Smaug on the side of the cabinet is from the Battle of Five Armies teaser poster with Bard standing on the bridge at Lake-town. http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/93087/hr_The_Hobbit:_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_3.jpg

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Maybe everyone that pre ordered can upgrade for free as Alex said a lot of people are going to be happy

If that's the case it would be incredible. However, not a single LE would be sold then, lol.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If that's the case it would be incredible. However, not a single LE would be sold then, lol.

Just wait and see my brother. All will be explained and folks will be happy

<edit> Except the folks that are perpetually dismal individuals. They could win the lottery while bedding down a super model and still be angry </edit>

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Will do! Looking forward to watching the live stream tonight

#73 9 years ago

How do we access the live stream? I'm in!!!!!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

<edit> Except the folks that are perpetually dismal individuals. They could win the lottery while bedding down a super model and still be angry </edit>

Don't forget the people who bear a grudge against JJP and will put a negative spin on any announcement.

I'm sure there will also be people who don't fall into the above two categories but have other reasons for not liking whatever has changed.

Probably safer to just say, "Most people will be happy with what is revealed".

#76 9 years ago

Just to be clear this is 9:30 PM Central Time. 10:30 PM EST?

#77 9 years ago

Cant we all still burn Alex at the stake now and once the announcement comes apologize?!?!? Need to do something while we wait!!!

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oh good grief. The cat is out of the bag now. A Smaug edition of Hobbit? I'm glad I saved the picture locally first (and no, I won't share it to those now asking ... wait 10 hours, *smile) before they deleted the other thread. I guess Aurich really wasn't far off.

They deleted the other thread? seriously?

It's okay. I have both pics. Feel free to PM me if you want Aurich's original or my COMEDY IT'S NOT JJP YA'LL edition of it.

#79 9 years ago

The other thread is still there. Post numbers 92 and 212, for reference.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They deleted the other thread? seriously?
It's okay. I have both pics. Feel free to PM me if you want Aurich's original or my COMEDY IT'S NOT JJP YA'LL edition of it.

No, there was a thread with a leak of JJP's official pic, that was deleted. I didn't bother saving the photo out of it, everyone will see it tonight.

It will become clear why Jack wasn't too happy with my mockups soon enough.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Cant we all still burn Alex at the stake now and once the announcement comes apologize?!?!? Need to do something while we wait!!!

Why yes... yes we can

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, there was a thread with a leak of JJP's official pic, that was deleted. I didn't bother saving the photo out of it, everyone will see it tonight.

Oh that's even funnier. NICE.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think everyone expected a Smaug version at one time or another. I wonder if they were surprised Aurich jumped on it so quickly with a mock up after the 'finalized' cab was shown...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Although I think your red armor choice really popped much better! A "Fire Red Smaug" edition would have been cool.

The page noted an all gold Smaug figure in this new edition. We'll apparently see tonight ... but if Smaug is anywhere near as detailed as many of us are hoping ... I'm not sure why anyone would want an all Gold Smaug? Seems like that would just kill the detail in the figure.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think everyone expected a Smaug version at one time or another.

I really didn't. If I was still on the JJP Google forum I would go find the post from Jack where he swore there would be no other special edition of Hobbit beyond the limited edition.

#86 9 years ago

Let's just wait for the announcement, it's tonight, not exactly a long wait. If you don't like what they have to say then bitch about it, but no point in getting mad before you even know the details.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but no point in getting mad before you even know the details.

Don't be silly!

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Although I think your red armor choice really popped much better! A "Fire Red Smaug" edition would have been cool.
The page noted an all gold Smaug figure in this new edition. We'll apparently see tonight ... but if Smaug is anywhere near as detailed as many of us are hoping ... I'm not sure why anyone would want an all Gold Smaug? Seems like that would just kill the detail in the figure.

They must be going after the people that just have an obession with gold

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I really didn't. If I was still on the JJP Google forum I would go find the post from Jack where he swore there would be no other special edition of Hobbit beyond the limited edition.

No disrespect intended here but when Gary and Jack say never you can't put 100% certainty on that. I don't - and for that matter that applies to most people. "Never say Never".

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let's just wait for the announcement, it's tonight, not exactly a long wait. If you don't like what they have to say then bitch about it, but no point in getting mad before you even know the details.

But... I thought that's how pinside works?

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They must be going after the people that just have an obession with gold

I guess that way the Gold pin owner would be their own 'King under the mountain"

#92 9 years ago

This is pinside; we bitch about the rumors, then bitch about the facts.

#93 9 years ago

Ain't that a bitch?!

I hope I can stay awake past 10:30 EST!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I hope I can stay awake past 10:30 EST!

How could you sleep

#95 9 years ago

One beer and I'm down for the count!!!

May have to call in sick tomorrow just so I can catch up on all the threads / posts between 10:30pm EST 10/16/14 and 7:00am EST 10/17/14...

I'm sure the boss will understand.

Can't wait to see and read everything!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what I thought of instantly. I didn't see the leaked pics, but from the sounds of it, looks like you were pretty close. And to think, that got poo-poo'd as being to singular in subject.

#97 9 years ago

I trust that Jack and the JJP team will get it right. They have been listening.

#98 9 years ago

A teaser pic of The Hobbit being played was just posted on JJPs Facebook page. I can't see anything though! Can't wait for 9:30.

#99 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgheres the teaser

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A teaser pic of The Hobbit being played was just posted on JJPs Facebook page. I can't see anything though! Can't wait for 9:30.

Old backglass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-great-expo-jjp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.