(Topic ID: 163051)

Have a chance to get something back that means a ton

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 7 years ago

I figure posting in the basement is safe enough, I am not out to start a war or anything, but a few years ago, when we lost our house, I had to sell off my restored Rocky pinball machine, it was beyond heartbreaking for me, still is painful, but I was lucky a friend bought it, and has offered me the chance to buy it back, due to all my medical issues (Diabetes, Quadruple bypass, depression, agoraphobia, legs give out without warning, walk into walls, thyroid issues, Eyes have to get a shot into each eye once a month to keep my vision) I have not been able to work, I have filed with disability, denied even with all this, have a lawyer, going to court in the spring.. Anyway, And I know there are more deserving causes, but I figured if I don't at least try, I would always wonder if maybe it would be possible.

I have a chance to get my Rocky back, I did all the work on the game, full playfield strip, had it restored, put it all back together, cabinet painting, board repairs, connectors, the works. When we lost the house, I had to sell off everything I could to get us by, and the one item that kills me still is the Rocky machine I had to sell. So, I have started a go fund me page, to see if it is at all possible to raise the money to get it back, I have kicked in on several campaigns on this site, so I figured I would take a shot, if you can help please visit https://www.gofundme.com/2b6kgpfw, if you cannot, I totally understand, but would appreciate it if you spread the word about it. I know it is a pipe dream, but if there is a chance it works, I have to try.

Thanks for reading this.
Steve
Balboarules

#2 7 years ago

I have listed a bunch of pinball boards and parts in the market, so please check them out, just asking that you make the payments as a donation to the go fund me page, I guess the more money it receives the more attention it gets.. I priced everything below what K's arcade charges and what Marco charges, shipping is not included in the prices, as I do not think it is fair to charge the same shipping to someone close vs someone in CA for example, I will pack the item, and get the exact shipping cost for you on each item, also if you go on Ebay, you will see several items I have posted for sale there, including hundreds of blu ray movies 5 for 20 bucks shipped, if your interested in an Ebay item, please contact me here, and I would ask that the price of the whatever the item is, be made as a donation to my Get the champ back fund. Again, I believe the more donations it gets, the more attention it draws..

Thank you all.
Steve
Balboarules

#3 7 years ago

I don't think you are going to have any luck at all on this. But if you really want to give it a shot you'll have to post it in the main forum and take the abuse. Nobody comes here to the basement and the paltry few who do have already seen your ad and decided against giving you money to buy a pinball machine.

#4 7 years ago

Levi, I agree with you 100%, I had to take a shot pal, I listed a bunch of stuff for sale, asking the payments be sent to the fund, I am selling off everything I can to try to make this happen. If I do not at least try, I will never know, but trust me, I hear exactly what your saying, loud and clear.

#5 7 years ago

Like I said...let it fly in the main forum and brace yourself

I promise not to join in on the monkeypile.

#6 7 years ago

I agree with Levi - and I'll start you off with a donation to help quell the naysayers.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support, this machine means more than I can express. I posted parts for sale with the information, and I posted in the NE for sale thread, and boob, thanks for the thumbs up on that post...

Levi, although we have never had a transaction, you and I go way back, so I do appreciate your not attacking me on this, who knows, maybe someone else will post about it, I have it listed in my market place ad, selling off a bunch of stuff I was keeping, but selling to try to fund this one thing. And I referenced my ad on the NE thread, so I guess we will see.

Thanks for the support, both of you, It truly is appreciated.

Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-chance-to-get-something-back-that-means-a-ton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.