DSC02609_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
LesTrat_(resized).jpg
DSC02275_(resized).JPG
DSC02284_(resized).JPG
DSC02280_(resized).JPG
DSC02273_(resized).JPG
30246318_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Hi
I want to address some of the posts:
Spencer: I do not know why you and others only see what you want to see, I have listing several items for sale and asked that the money go into the fund, nobody seems to mention this, there are several boards, and a lot of items on EBay as well, I also added that if anyone would like to help, it would be appreciated and they could made donations if there was nothing I had listed for sale that they were interested in, but nobody seems to bring that up in their attacks on me. I wish people like you who have nothing positive to ad would just stay out, and move on to something else.
Ladyslingshot. I have no idea if your Kaneda or not, seems that a lot of people think you are, but I have no idea. On my conditions, let me just say that genetics can be a good thing or a horrible thing depending on how you do in the gene pool, unfortunately both my fathers parents had diabetes, My Mother, My Father and his brother all had Diabetes and heart issues, my doctors all made the same statement to me, you were born with a genetic disposition to these illnesses, I spent the past 20 years working in retail management with crazy long hours, and a lot of stress, you eat when you can and usually it is whatever is close by and fast, my weight is 190lbs, when people see me they always say, you look like your in pretty good shape, and are surprised to hear about the conditions I have. I will say, if that offer for the end is legit, I would take that deal, as I plan on starting an in home pinball shop, where I will be offering shop jobs, and minor repairs to games, once I move some of these items off EBay as that has been taking up a lot of my time, I have already begun changing my diet completely 2 years ago when I was diagnosed, My A1C started at 8.1, the normal number is 6 and under, I have it checked every 3-4 months, and the numbers have been 5.6,5.8,7.4, and my last one was 6.0, however years of having the disease had done it's damage. 6.0 and lower is normal, and with the exception of one test, I have worked hard to get those numbers. The 7.4 was a disappointment, but the 6 was a welcome turnaround.
The Black knight, I have mentioned several times, I do not own the machines listed in my collection, I cannot sell them, as I do not own them, some of you may remember my pictures of my game room with 10 machines, well that was paid for by my wife's aunt with the stipulation she could come over and play them whenever she wanted, and that I could not sell them. I put all the work into them, I put money into them, and I did a ton of driving around to get them, out of the blue she decided she had too much money in the room, and I was forced to sell them off and get her money back, she had 19500, after today she has 8K invested, but she took 5 of the machines for her house, Stern Batman, SWT, T3, Flintstones and LW3. Addams is going today, I am driving to PA to help the buyer reduce the driving, I am nervous about this trip as it is a 4.5 hour drive for me, and with my eyes it is risky, and the other half of the money I am picking up goes directly to her, I do not see a penny, so I am out a lot of money (I was working at the time) time, effort, just about every one of those games was a project and I did full shop jobs on each one of them, well over 200 hours of time invested, and if we got a game she did not like, I had to get rid of it, even if I loved it, and there was those 4 that were sold off as well. The 3 machines here, I do not own, I cannot do anything with them, and only hope she does not decide to take those as well, or force me to sell them too..
Vicjw66, thank you for noting that, I kept asking myself why do people keep saying that, when I stated it a few times.
This machine means a lot to me, it broke my heart when I had to sell it, my friend knows this, and that is the only reason he made the offer to let me get it back. My intention was to sell off everything I can to raise the money, a large part of the go fund me is money I transferred over from sales of 2 boards, and blu ray movie sales off EBay, but it would probably be half that amount without the 20-50 dollar generous donations made.
One point that no one seems to make, is that the donations inspire me to continue to try to hit that number, I don't care if they are one dollar, it makes me believe I am going to get there, and have some joy in the situation I am dealing with, to have something back I thought was lost forever, and means so much to me, that I do not have the words to express it, and those who have supported it, either by wishing me well, making a small donation, or just sending me positive vibes, give me encouragement that I can make this happen, and not affect my family.
The positive support just makes me feel that I will make this happen, do I expect a free machine, NO!!! I never said that, all I stated in my long post that many just seem to skim over and read what they want to read, basically looking for negatives and go on the attack, is that if anyone wanted to help me get there it would be beyond appreciated. I keep reminding everyone I have boards for sale at good prices, I have parts for sale, I have blu ray's for sale, I have a TV for sale, but the negative people never mention any of this, that make discouraging comments towards me. I would not do this to anyone trying to make something difficult happen, if I did not agree, I would just move on, but it is a forum, and people get to say whatever they like from behind a screen.
It might take me a year to pull this off, maybe 2, who knows? In the end I am not going to have a free machine, I am going to have a machine that has more sentimental value to me than just a machine or toy or whatever people choose to call it. When it is done, I am going to say I will be paying for 80% of it at least myself, through sales, maybe some shop jobs I can do, but the donations are not going to pay for it, and I would not use any money that would effect my family in any way. I have personally transferred more than half of the money to the go fund me myself, on items that were sold, and 2 donations were sales of boards.
I believe I have been more positive then negative on this site, I know I have helped a lot of people out on this site, I try to stay out of the fights, the negative stuff, and if I can offer some help with a repair, I chime in and offer what I know might help. Am I perfect, NO, do I slip up sometimes here, YES.
I am NOT and again I repeat NOT asking for a free pinball machine, I never expected it, and it is NOT realistic, I know this, but you know what, the donations that were made, inspire me, every time I see that number go up even by a dollar, it makes me believe it is going to happen, and I have to keep working as hard as I can to raise whatever I can, and the donations make me feel supported and appreciated, and give me additional motivation that someday this WILL happen. Please stop with the Free Machine posts, PLEASE.. It is not going to happen that way, I know this, and you know this.
Thank you again to all the supporters, and those that choose to be negative, well I cannot stop you, but I just ask you READ everything before you judge, and for the final time, I am not expecting a free pinball machine!

Why not make the aunt move the machines? They are hers and she is doing you rotten.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Because she is part of my family now, the machines are moved, She has her side of things, I have mine. It is now in the past, not dwelling on it, it is what it is.

Doesnt seem like the past if you are still doing all the grunt work, for nothing.

Anyway, good luck bud, I hope you get your grail back!

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

This whole thread is a sad commentary on society, for so many reasons. But it's not the OP's fault.
I've never met Steve. I don't know him, outside of commenting when he posted a disastrous attempt to fix a Sys11 MPU with what may as well have been blowtorch. That was an interesting read.
So I'll say this: dude's either got the biggest pair of balls on this site, or a sense of humility that would put the Dalai Lama to shame. At least twice now he's hung himself out to the community, risking great embarrassment but hiding nothing, asking for little but some time and advice and perhaps a bit of help from those who might be inclined or able to give it. In today's age of Frothy Internet Outrage (Hashtag !!!111!!!1!), that's pretty damn amazing. I bet half the keyboard commandoes here don't have skin half as thick.
And as far as what constitutes a worthy cause: Who the hell are any of us to judge? I've found myself considering the "worthiness" of his plight and request several times since he posted it Friday. And what I've come to realize is, I'm no saint. I've donated money and time to worthy charities both well-known and unheard of. I've donated to other causes that probably weren't exactly the best stewards of my contributions. I've donated to things that were downright silly (I mean, aside from famine and disaster, etc) and I've stayed tightfisted with later regret. I know plenty of folks who loudly champion this or that cause... but only because it affects them, which makes them the ultimate hypocrites.
So unless you're a regular Mother Theresa, kindly STFU and move along if you disagree, because your vitriol does nothing for anyone.
Aside from judging Steve's case, I also realize I've been the beneficiary of "questionable charity" many times in life. I was (still am?) a fucking moron who made (makes?) a lot of dumb decisions. Some of those could have had far worse consequences than they did. It's only thanks to certain friends and family that I came through. Not to mention the random boss who took a chance on me, the random clients whose generosity inspired me to keep investing a little more effort. The random strangers whose kindness, however objectively un-necessary, nonetheless inspired me to have a little more hope and faith than I usually do. Even for a short time, extra hope and faith are powerful things.
So shoot, I ultimately look at it this way: I'm almost 40 years old... do I need to spend $X on another stupid hotwheel collectible, or a Goodwill accordion, or an upsized milkshake, or stupid random logo cap, or functionless pinball mod, or any other random shit that beenefits nobody but me? Or would it be better to put that token fun money to someone else's hope, faith, and happiness?
I finally have my answer, and will chip in a token amount. I don't need or deserve thanks for it.
Best of luck to you Steve.

Quoted from iceman44:

I thought "Romneycare", bolstered by "Obamacare" guaranteed everyone in MASS health care with a minimum premium payment?
I don't think Canada has any better coverage?
You seem thankful for the blessings you have Steve, being a great husband and father is at the top of the list.
I don't know how you got denied for disability. I've seen some UNREAL cases of people walking around that have zero business being on it. One guy has a bad back, still very functional, used to coach my daughters basketball team, and bought himself a Hummer to reward himself. Nice guy, but Wtf.

OP is possibly not a protected minority?

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's nice that this post is bringing the latent racism and classism out of the usual suspects. I love that it takes so little to get people to go into this mode
I can only imagine what you would have to say if an inner city kid was asking for a gofundme so he could buy a smart phone.

Id direct him to the nearest Obamaphone dealer!

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

How will I know what his screen name is though??

If he is stand up, he will get ahold of you.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm sure your doctors and their staff appreciate those minimum payments. I guess just hope that when you need them the most, they don't choose to make a minimum effort. It's one thing if that is all you can afford because you are poor as shi*. Your situation is a bit different I think.

LOL. Your kidding right? They get paid up front, and EFF the insurance companies. I would do exactly the same. Why dump 4 grand when they will take $5 a month?

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Paying $5/mo isn't paying your medical bills. It's doing the minimum by law to not get garnished.

So is he, or is he not paying his medical bills as required by law? Not your opinion this time, but fact.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I know all I need to about Medical Bills....... I pay them in full

Did anyone say they weren't paying them? I'm confused.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

F the insurance companies huh? Believe me, they are going to get paid. Unfortunately in the form of higher rates for us financially responsible schmucks.
This guy can't help himself. If you have lots of bills and no money, you don't buy or lease a new car. You buy a used car if you absolutely need it. If you already have a car and you don't work, you don't need a second car. You drive your wife to work or let her just take the f'n car.
As for making good faith medical payments, if those payments don't pay that bill off within a reasonable time, your ass is going to collections. The bitch of it is you should plan for the worst and hope for the best, especially if you are in really poor health. You are potentially sticking your family with that debt and more if you drag the payments out for years and years.
Balboarules, I know you want that pinball machine. I get it. But it is a want and your family has needs that take precedent over that. Family first always. I suggest listening to this guy's radio show. I think it would help a lot....
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

I'll give you that. Seems, buying a decent used car would be better than making yet another payment on yet another item he won't ultimately own.

3 weeks later
#504 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Levi that would be no, Will update total on Fri, but should be under 1000 to go on Fri.

Your buddy should see how hard youve been trying, take the $3,000 and let you make payments or something.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-chance-to-get-my-grail-back?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.