DSC02609_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
LesTrat_(resized).jpg
DSC02275_(resized).JPG
DSC02284_(resized).JPG
DSC02280_(resized).JPG
DSC02273_(resized).JPG
30246318_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

How much have RareHero and RobT donated to the cause? Let me guess. Nothing.

The fact that you are even allowed to continue to post here is a complete embarrassment to Pinside.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

To those pinsiders that feel it necessary to come in here and berate and harass the OP with their opinions and bullpoop, how about you f-off! no one asked you for your opinion and we certainly don't need to read all of the crap that you spew from your keyboard, however, that said, since you took the time to offer your opinion and ridicule, how about you also give 5 or 10 bucks, because certainly you got at least that much value by expressing your unwanted opinion.

Your opinion is no more valid or wanted than those that you are crying about.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He can't pay back a loan, so why offer him one? That's really a horrible, obnoxious thing to do. You are clearly fucking with him worse than anybody else in this thread and you'll realize that when you sober up.

No, he won't.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

This is an incredibly sad story. But this is what happens when you don't take care of yourself, you become dependent on others. I read the list of medical issues but then was shocked to learn he's only 46. It saddens me so much to see people put more love and attention towards pinball and restoring them, yet they treat their own bodies poorly.
Just handing over money like Boob and CO. are doing isn't the answer here. As other's have said, lots more important issues Steve faces that will need funds vs re-acquiring his lost pinball love. Selling Blu Ray's isn't going to help matters much.
Steve, I'll say this. I don't know you, but from what others have said, you are a great member to this community. The verdict is still out on my contributions to this community, but let's try this on for size.
I will make you an offer that you can take or leave. And I'll do it publicly to ensure there are witnesses. You need money to get Rocky back. To date it looks like you've raised $500. Boob and Co.'s $20 offers aren't going to get you there. But in fairness to them, they are making "donations" and they don't expect to see a dime back. Sorry, as much as your health sucks, you don't deserve money for free. So here's my offer:
LADY SLING SHOT ROCK BALBOA OFFER
- I will give you $1,500 to help you re-acquire Rocky
- This is a loan, not a donation
- It is interest free, but must be paid back within 15 months, $100 each month
- If you feel like you can't swing that $100 a month, do not take the loan from me
- Every month I will post on Pinside if you made your payment, held up your end of the bargain
- I will only send the funds once you have raised $2,500...here's your incentive to work hard to get there, but I just moved the finish line closer for you.
Why am I doing this? Because it's the right thing to do and those slamming you are also a bit hypocritical. Nobody needs a pinball machine. There's much better ways all of us can spend our money. Happiness and peace of mind help us sleep at night. Most people on here aren't satisfied with 5 pins, 10 pins, 20 pins...I've never seen a story where one pin will mean so much to one man. So I want to help you find that happiness again. But I also won't treat you like some charity case. You don't deserve anyone's hard earned money for free.
So that's it Steve. Raise that $2,500 and that $1,500 is yours in an instant. But again, only take me up if you can swing that $100 a month. And please man, from the bottom of my heart, take care of yourself! Start eating better today and get your health back on track. This machine won't make you happy if your body falls apart anymore. Love,
LSS

"This post was moderated 1 day ago: Other reason A permanent all forums eject was issued".

Today is a good day.

1 week later
#427 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

How someone chooses to live their life is their business...

Sorry, but when you start a thread asking for money for a pinball machine on a public forum like Pinside, well.....let's just say that I completely disagree with your statement.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Obviously you and Steve have different ideas about things, but there's no reason to get overly aggressive about it.

Overly aggressive?

I don't think that term means what you think it means. Having an opinion that is not a positive one about the whole idea behind this thread doesn't mean that it's "overly aggressive."

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

See that? Moving on. Because who's to judge? Have you never benefited from some random act of kindness?

There really isn't anything "random" about any supposed act of kindness here, since someone started a public thread asking for money for a pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-chance-to-get-my-grail-back?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.