image_(resized).jpeg
LesTrat_(resized).jpg
DSC02275_(resized).JPG
DSC02284_(resized).JPG
DSC02280_(resized).JPG
DSC02273_(resized).JPG
30246318_(resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 7 years ago

Thank you RTR, Did you get your movies yet?

Thanks
Steve

#352 7 years ago

Yes I did Steve, and thank you!

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

if it was to pay for hospital bills etc. It would be a different story

Agreed but that has no place on a pinball forum about pinball not about illness support.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

j69 what's the big deal? He can ask - it's a pretty crappy story, for sure. I'm sure we've all been ripped off in one way or another this way. But here's the thing: You can just.... CHOOSE not to donate! Hey! What a concept! Or is there some gun to your head forcing you to send him $20 on Paypal? Then I can totally understand your comments.
He didn't ask for donations of judgment; just close the thread dude.

Pinside is a discussion forum. This is the discussion that results from begging for money for a game. If you don't want this type of discussion then don't post about your issue on Pinside and instead maybe take out an ad somewhere.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Guys - when Steve opens a thread entitled "Seeking life advice from people who have no fucking clue about my entire situation" - you guys should chime in for sure!
Getting this machine back is a small part of his overall long term plan. Just bc he doesn't share the rest of it with you numbskulls doesn't mean he doesn't have one.
In the meantime, Steve is rightly selling stuff for the most part to get this done. You can also buy stuff from him if you like.
Carry on Steve, don't let the bastards get you down! I hope you get your grail back!

+1!

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Agreed but that has no place on a pinball forum about pinball not about illness support.

Pinside is a discussion forum. This is the discussion that results from begging for money for a game. If you don't want this type of discussion then don't post about your issue on Pinside and instead maybe take out an ad somewhere.

Shame on you, Mark! We've had many fundraisers on this site for ill Pinsiders or for family members--even of friends--that were trying to raise money. This forum is and should be about more than just pinball. It's a community of people who share the same passion...and when somebody needs something, I, for one, am more than happy to be there for that person.

And while a forum is an invitation for both points of view on a topic, it's not an invitation to be a dick on somebody's thread with responses that are clearly written to dissuade others from donating.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shame on you, Mark! We've had many fundraisers on this site for ill Pinsiders or for family members--even of friends--that were trying to raise money. This forum is and should be about more than just pinball.

I know. I've had to drain all those threads as none of them belong here. This isn't a general forum. It's a pinball forum with very specific sub forums. I come here to enjoy the news and pinball discussions - not to hear depressing news about people dying. If I wanted to support sick folks I'd look for a forum about that. I can see this stuff being in off topic bar but not in the main forum. Insensitive or not, family deaths, illnesses, etc. These things have no place in a pinball forum.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've had to drain all those threads as none of them belong here.

Time to drain another....

#358 7 years ago

I cannot see it anyway, blocked user, don't know, don't care.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shame on you, Mark!.. it's not an invitation to be a dick on somebody's thread ..

First time meeting Markmon? Agree or not he's got his views and stays consistent.

#360 7 years ago

I wanted to do one more post hoping I am totally wrong and I have a different person.

Did a Google search and I am amazed at what comes up about balboa rules Steve in the past few months.

Someone by that name donated 100 dollars to a pinball auction charity after posting this and asking you for your cash. WTF !!!

https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes/Supporters

Was buying A second tv June 21 at pinnacle auctions and possibly selling the same TV here and owning a 350,000 dollar home that's bigger then a lot of people can dream for.

Sorry but it don't seem like a charity Im going to donate my cash to

I HOPE I AM TOTALLY WRONG and someone can call me out as there must be a reasonable explanation but some of these have balboa rules behind the name.

#361 7 years ago

Ok, so here we go again on the digging around.

1. My mother in law gave me the 100 bucks for the donation for 2 reasons, she thought is was a great charity, and 2 on the off chance I did win she said I could sell the machine and get Rocky back.

2. The tv was an upgrade, that was paid for by selling my Oppo BDP103D player and the Sony tv to pay for, even exchange, your research did not show that one. TV was 1200, Oppo got 500 TV got 650, paid for replacement, I cannot work right now, so I watch a lot of movies, since my pinball collection was taken away from me, I watch the tv more, and wanted a 4K, spent 50 bucks to upgrade. Nothing to hide, gladly admit it, not to mention all the blu ray's I have sold. By the way, I originally paid 2500 for that Sony TV since we are pointing out things.

3. I do NOT own this house, my father in law OWNS this house, and you can dig around for information on that all you like, We pay him RENT to live here... RENT, NOT OWN!

4, You were never going to donate anything anyway, your just trying to start a Sh**storm, you know it and I know it. Donation's are about 350 bucks, the rest of the money I have RAISED BY SALES!!!!!!

5. You did not dig as much as another guy did, I also bought a Denon Receiver for 110 dollars for my Father in Law's house and set it up, but you should have tossed that in.

You know dam well you were not going to donate, and if you were really serious about a reasonable explanation you would have sent me a PM and not posted this here. Would you like to know anything else.

Wow, some of you are just amazing what lengths you will go to, so you can make an honest person look bad. I love the guy on EBay still harassing me that my wife's aunt never took the machines away, and yes there are 3 here that I cannot sell, or I WOULD. I know various other members who can back all of this up about my wife's aunt!

Does this clarify enough for you? You would think I took in thousands of dollars in donations, you guys who try this stuff never mention how much stuff I sold!!!!!!!!!!

#362 7 years ago

Ya know Steve...... That being said, you could not even reply to my previous post about issuing a statement. I quess making good on dept for people kind enough to give their hard earned cash out was not what you wanted to hear .

Sorry about being wrong about the beautiful house you only rent. Also as you stated somewhere else you owe 5k in medical bills... dont you think that money would have been better spent paying off dept. Dont matter if its 4 dollars or 4000 dollars you would have taken whatever came first.

People have there own views and asking for 4k for a pinball machine for therapeutic value just dose not sit well with me and you are correct I was not going to donate. SORRY.

This is an open forum so excuse me for stating it.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First time meeting Markmon? Agree or not he's got his views and stays consistent.

As harsh as he can sound, he's usually right on. No exception here. Package it all you want...this is a rattling the cup, woe is me, begging thread. The title of this thread should be "Give me money so I can buy a $4000 overpriced pinball machine". Then at least I'd know what to expect when the thread title pops up.

#364 7 years ago

Steve, hang in there, buddy. I donated to your cause. People can play one-upsmanship all day long about people in worse situations and all of that, but fut I understand conceptually what it's like to be in your situation. I (obviously) don't begrudge you wanting to get your machine back. Aside from basic needs, everyone has a different need that, fulfilling that need would help a little more light shine on their life. Sure, nobody is going to live or die based on this machine, but this is a quality of life thing.

My hope is for the detractors to just be silent and let you move forward. Good luck.

Brad

#365 7 years ago

You can state your against it, that is fine, others have too...

But posting false information about me, and basically trying to make me look like a scammer and thief?? You crossed a line there!

I was NEVER expecting 4K in donations, NEVER, but the small amount that was raised gave me hope that I could sell off/work off enough to make it happen. it has built to 1800 bucks, almost half way there! About 300 or so was donated, but it was a good starting point, now I am close to half way there, the donations you see that say anonymous were from me transferring money from Paypal sales and one donation to the go fund me page, except for the 10.00 anonymous, that was a legit donation by anonymous.

I am banking on the baseball cards I am having graded to pull in the rest, and I 100% am serious when I say this, if they do and beat what I need, I will refund EVERY SINGLE DONATION, or DONATE THE MONEY they sent to whatever they desire.. Did you research show I donated to John Wart when he had his accident, did your research show I donated to get Lloyd to Pintastic, did your research show you I donated to get a wheelchair for someone I don't even know... WHY NOT BRING THAT STUFF UP????? One post you wish me luck, next post your playing Dick Tracy, make up your mind, if you wanna say go F yourself to me, than just do it, and stop hiding behind BS words. I have no secrets to hide, Why did you not post about all the people I sent free parts to when I had them and they needed them, and I paid the shipping, or the free decals I mailed out to Shadow owners who could not get them, or the years of tech support I have done both here and RGP, Read the story on RGP where I mailed out a J Dredd motor assembly, did not charge the guy a cent, because I did not know if it worked, and told him to pay me what I think is fair! Or the guy in the Netherlands I mailed 1 LAH plastic to, I paid the shipping, he emailed after he got it, and thanked me but then needed the other one because they did not match, and insisted I take money, I refused and sent him the SECOND one for free again, and paid the postage!

Why in all your digging around on me did you not find any of this positive stuff?? Just the stuff to try to make me into something I am not. You were never going to give a cent, but you do give a shit for some reason that is beyond me... Don't you have anything better to do than trying to prove your right about something you have NOTHING TO DO WITH!!!

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Make me understand Steve ................A lot of effort has been taken explaining about why and what it means. In almost 8 pages of thread not one once was it mentioned of how and sacrifices that are willing to be made. ( come on ROC, there is no tomorrow ) If you want to change the perception of some on this thread .
A statement such as,
" Every possible effort in the following year will be taken to reimburse in full each and every cash donation made . I am not looking for gifts or charity but only a way to reacquire something that has meant so much and inspire me to push forward . I am true to my word, and a man is only as good as such"
could make all the difference and are truly inspiring words.
I will not be posting or debating my values on this thread from this point on. I wish you the best and you hope find what you seek no matter what the outcome.
Sincerely Allen.

Oh, if only that last line were true!!!

#367 7 years ago

bsnelson, First off thank you again for your support, I really appreciate it, and thank you for believing the truth, I appreciate that even more.

I have a lot of supporters and not just the ones who gave money, but when people start tossing around things about me they find through "research", that sets me off, why not just PM me and ask, because he wanted to continue to try to get a shit storm going without any of the facts.

Oh, and more like 10K in medical bills, that I make small payments on every month, which I am LEGALLY allowed to do! Not 5K. And why did I have to respond to your post, are you now my master?? Must I do all you say, especially for someone with nothing better to do than research on me and a dream I have to get something back that means the world to me, why are you not bringing up the fact I am close to 2000 with only 300 in donations.. guess we do not want to talk about the 1700 bucks I have raised by selling off items, and some side work.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ya know Steve...... That being said, you could not even reply to my previous post about issuing a statement. I quess making good on dept for people kind enough to give their hard earned cash out was not what you wanted to hear .
Sorry about being wrong about the beautiful house you only rent. Also as you stated somewhere else you owe 5k in medical bills... dont you think that money would have been better spent paying off dept. Dont matter if its 4 dollars or 4000 dollars you would have taken whatever came first.
People have there own views and asking for 4k for a pinball machine for therapeutic value just dose not sit well with me and you are correct I was not going to donate. SORRY.
This is an open forum so excuse me for stating it.

It's a bummer I can only upvote this once.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

when people start tossing around things about me they find through "research", that sets me off, why not just PM me and ask, because he wanted to continue to try to get a shit storm going without any of the facts.

It looks like his "research" was spot on though.

#370 7 years ago

Donation made......... Just my 2 cents.

#371 7 years ago

I don't care if Steve is rich or poor. He could use some support and I did what I could.

Some days you are just trying to get to the next, and anything that gives Steve help or hope, I'm all for.

We are Pinside. We are a community. We can help our fellow Pinsider. We can tear him up. We do get to choose.

LTG : )

#372 7 years ago

Lloyd, Meeting you, hanging with Butch 2099 and meeting number 41 were the best part of that show for me, so glad I got to shake your hand and say thank you for years of helping me.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Donation made......... Just my 2 cents.

Keep them

#374 7 years ago

Lloyd...... people rally around a good cause and people that have given so much in return....... In the case of my friend Larry ( a musician ) who was holding on for life, the community raised almost 50,000 dollars for him that day.

Come to think of it........ not once did he ask for a 1960 Les Paul or Strat. for emotional support.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Oh, and more like 10K in medical bills, that I make small payments on every month, which I am LEGALLY allowed to do!

I'm sure your doctors and their staff appreciate those minimum payments. I guess just hope that when you need them the most, they don't choose to make a minimum effort. It's one thing if that is all you can afford because you are poor as shi*. Your situation is a bit different I think.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Come to think of it........ not once did he ask for a 1960 Les Paul Strat. for emotional support.

Everybody is different. What boosts one persons spirits or morale may be different than what helps another.

Back in this thread pages ago I mentioned when my world was coming apart, my goose neon sign at my business got broke. When it came back and went back up, was the happiest day of my life. A frikken neon sign. But it meant everything to me and lifted my spirits and gave me hope.

LTG : )

#377 7 years ago

Boost my spirit , 35000 pinside members . Ten bucks a each and I sell my house. Beachfront property in St Marteen next month.

Salt water is heathy and im sure it will give me a new outlook on life and make me strive to become a better person.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm sure your doctors and their staff appreciate those minimum payments. I guess just hope that when you need them the most, they don't choose to make a minimum effort. It's one thing if that is all you can afford because you are poor as shi*. Your situation is a bit different I think.

And exactly how would you know my situation?

#379 7 years ago

Just added about another 100 movies to the EBay list.. last lot I am adding.

Thanks guys!

ebay.com link: itm

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

And exactly how would you know my situation?

It really doesn't matter does it? You owe a debt to people who are keeping you alive and making very minimum payments to them while chasing a pinball machine that is ultimately a want and not a need. And you are OK with that? I won't even go into the other stuff.

#381 7 years ago

I don't think Steve is missing rent payments, food or utility bills, he is making the correct payments on his medical bills and as far as I can tell, everything thing else. If he wants to put other effort towards regaining his pinball machine, I say go for it. You guys don't know his total financial situation.

He is raising most of the money by selling stuff. Asking for donations may be a little over the line for some, but he isn't hard at that angle anyway. 99% of his posts are related to selling stuff and defending himself against fellow pinsiders that are sounding a little self righteous and preachy.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I don't think Steve is missing rent payments, food or utility bills, he is making the correct payments on his medical bills and as far as I can tell, everything thing else.

And exactly how would you know his situation? If you live in a $350K home. If you own a graded baseball card collection. If you own hundreds of bluerays. If you own a 65" TV. Don't ask me for charity for something you want.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

LOL. Your kidding right? They get paid up front, and EFF the insurance companies. I would do exactly the same. Why dump 4 grand when they will take $5 a month?

#384 7 years ago

I don't know anymore about him than you do. He seems to be making most of the money himself through sales of stuff. I don't think he has a lot of straight up donations. I bought some of his DVDs.

I deduced the rest. We all know he has a roof over his head thanks to super sleuth Hoby1. He must be paying the electric bill, bc pins and interwebs run on electricity. He posts pretty frequently, so he must be eating to keep his strength up, therefore food must be on the table.

And I take him at his word that he is keeping his medical bill payments going. He doesn't seem to be a dishonest person at all. Hell, if he wasn't so damn honest and nice (why the hell doesn't he get paid for more of the pin stuff!!), he wouldn't be getting all this flack.

I think people should realize his primary method of securing this machine was through sales of stuff and the donation angle was low key, and maybe ill advised. But nevertheless, I don't think he deserves the amount of abuse he is receiving from some. Everyone needs to relax a bit.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

........ not once did he ask for a 1960 Les Paul Strat. for emotional support.

Les Paul Stratocaster?

#386 7 years ago

Can't believe 8 pages into this thread it's still pretty much the exact same show as page 1.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can't believe 8 pages into this thread it's still pretty much the exact same show as page 1.

What about the Les Paul Strat? That's really new!

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

donation angle was low key, and maybe ill advised.

Pretty certainly. But you have to wonder, if OP only had posted an off-topic post that he was selling some stuff to try to raise cash for the machine.. maybe a bit of backstory, would he have got the some amount of sales thus far? The donation angle has caused this thread to hit 8 pages and keep jumping back to the top. Even bad press has it's benefits. And to be fair it's like what, 70 / 30 bad good press I guess? And he's got plenty of donations now I believe as well.. so in the end I guess it worked.

#389 7 years ago

??????^^^

#390 7 years ago

Paying $5/mo isn't paying your medical bills. It's doing the minimum by law to not get garnished. If you can't pay your bills then you shouldn't be buying (or begging for) pinball machines. That's my opinion. And if you don't want to hear this type of opinion then don't beg for donations for toys on a public forum. That's also my opinion.

#391 7 years ago

I would like a Les Paul Strat and a Liger, as it is pretty much my favorite animal

#392 7 years ago

Found it! Unless, we're talking about a Strat owned by Les Paul in 1960...

LesTrat_(resized).jpgLesTrat_(resized).jpg.

#393 7 years ago

?? I was just pointing out that the whole donation business has generated a ton of posts on this thread, both people knocking it and people defending it and telling the people ragging on it to F off, etc. If OP had not suggested donations, I highly doubt you'd see this up at the top of the forum posts over and over...

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

?? I was just pointing out that the whole donation business has generated a ton of posts on this thread, both people knocking it and people defending it and telling the people ragging on it to F off, etc. If OP had not suggested donations, I highly doubt you'd see this up at the top of the forum posts over and over...

You bumped it 3x, just tonight!

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You bumped it 3x, just tonight!

Yeah I know.. let's make it an even 4 times haha. I haven't posted until this page though so I still have like 8 more post credits to use up I think.

#396 7 years ago

I rent the house we live it, it was not 350,000 at first, cannot help the fact that the market drove it up that high, hell if it were mine I would just take out an equity line and be over and done with this, and yes, I pay electric, water, internet, cell phone bills, food bills, Taxes, lease payments on my car, etc... Made it this far living off tax refund from March, but getting down very low, BUT wife just got a job, and in 3 weeks will see her first pay check, so AMEN for that.

As far as the medical bills go, sorry but I do not have 5K for one of them, 6K for another, and I send a monthly payment, which is legal and acceptable, otherwise I would be getting phone calls from debt collectors..

Now the baseball cards, boy you guys read what you want to read, I do not have a graded card collection, back in the early 90's I used to collect some cards, they have been either on display or in a box, after reading what graded cards sell for, YES I SENT SOME IN TO BE GRADED, WHY? TO SELL THEM, that's why. The Sony TV I wanted to sell while it still had some value, Hell I thought it would still get 1500 bucks, I was way off, I got 650 bucks and had to throw in a blu ray player to get that, plus 2 years ago I bought a very good Blu Ray player from Oppo, and sold that as well, so I got 1150 bucks, I spent 1200 on an OPEN BOX LAST YEARS MODEL 4K tv, so it was an even swap! Sorry if you have a problem with that, but that is exactly what I did.

Look, just do not donate, I have raised almost ALL of the money by selling stuff, and I am continuing to sell stuff, ask Butch 2099 about the boards he got from me at Pintastic, or the power supply board I just sold, I have dug around my HOUSE, yes house that I LIVE IN, incase that was up for debate too, DO I own it, NO, check the town records, and you will see it is in my father in law's name! I LEASE MY CAR, We sold my wife's car to pay the rent till Nov and she was working, and now we have 1 car, my leased car. Of the 550 dollars on the go fund me page, I personally put 175 or so into that, so we are talking 375 bucks, plus another 70 I got in cash, that is the end of the donations, and if these cards come back and sell for good amounts, I am going to offer anyone back their donations that want them, it was an idea I had not thought of till I was digging around, and checked EBay what graded cards go for.. not all 65 are worth money, 10 of them are Topps Rocky cards that I would like to display, but there are some that could put me there, or over, and they will be listed on EBay for everyone to see.. and if I get the 2200 or so I need, and there are more, I will personally contact every single donator and ask them if they want their donation back, or if they want me to donate it to something else..

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Picasso collection I have in every room of the house, and we drink Dom for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I keep the lost arc in the east wing of my house, and the Elephant man bones in the west wing, not mentioned yet!

Do not donate, I am asking all NOT to donate, I will do it myself... Does that work, or do the smart asses have a problem there too..

I never asked for nor expected a free pinball machine, why do you guys just read what you want to read, this is a hobby forum, your supposed to come here for enjoyment, not to bring out the pitchforks and torches!

To the Kind supporters, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it so much, and the donators, what can I say, each of you is the best, and have big hearts, and see though the BS posted here.

Now I have to run to Switzerland and get my watch fixed, so if I don't post for a while, I am not getting good Wi-Fi on my private jet, I just hope the Lambo does not get a scratch on the way to the airport!

#397 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Pick any 5 Blu Ray HD dvd dvd titles for 20 bucks shipped HD dvd dvd cheaper

Updated link for the movies on EBay, the last auction only had a count of 6 available, and they sold out quickly, so the original ended, I have corrected that and updated.

Thanks
Steve

#398 7 years ago

So wait, you sold your wife's car and instead of buying her a car you're scraping together donations to buy a pinball game?? You see no issue with that?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Les Paul Stratocaster?

Forgot the OR. See how one word makes all the difference in the perceived meaning..........

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So wait, you sold your wife's car and instead of buying her a car you're scraping together donations to buy a pinball game?? You see no issue with that?

NO, not at all, because she is using mine, and in a few months we are going to lease her a brand new car, which is exactly what she wants!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-chance-to-get-my-grail-back/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.