image_(resized).jpeg
LesTrat_(resized).jpg
DSC02275_(resized).JPG
DSC02284_(resized).JPG
DSC02280_(resized).JPG
DSC02273_(resized).JPG
30246318_(resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#452 7 years ago

Thank you for the support Vcloverjr, It is always nice to read that someone else is pulling for me to pull this off!!

I appreciate it so much, thank you.

Steve

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You can look for obvious things like services not provided, stuff billed more than one time, etc. and you might be able to get the provider to take those off. However, if you have a pretty complicated bill that you are responsible for (vs your insurance company) you should use a medical advocate company to handle it for you. Identifying stuff is just half the battle, having someone knowledgeable to fight with the provider about it is the other half.

I always thought medical provider billing ran rampart. What % of bills are in error on average?

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I haven't called him for tech support. You did. But if I did call a guy at 2 am to walk me through fixing my pin, I'd sure as hell give him something, even if he didn't ask for it, especially if I thought he was broke.

So your answer is "no". Check this: since I bought TAF from Steve, he told me that anytime I needed help from him to drop him a line. I did here with a PM, and I called because he told me to, not because I thought "Gee, well, I sure hope he's up..."

All you've done is nothing but try to put people in their place in this thread, while some of us are trying to defend the person that people like you are trying to give "friendly advice" to.

I respected your inputs in the beginning of this thread.

When you try to tell me what to do when Steve and I have our own agreements based on the sale of his TAF to me: well, that's where I stop really giving a flip what you have to say and think.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

#455 7 years ago

I am not sure exactly was said to NPO due to a blocked user, but I got a PM around 2AM last night from NPO, I was up, and I told him to call me and we went through the game, I had the phone in my hand to answer it on the first ring, so it was me who told him to call at that hour, NPO is a great guy, and I was glad to help him.

Steve

#456 7 years ago

Dude, hope you get your grail back! You seem like a great person. You people need to spread sum happiness if you can. If you can't, then just don't shit on another persons hopes or dreams. You'll feel better in the end. ?

#457 7 years ago

Hey, thanks Rabbit! I appreciate any and all support, and I will get it back, no idea how long It will take, but I am going to pull this one off!

I appreciate the kind words, so much more than the hateful ones.

Steve

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I always thought medical provider billing ran rampart. What % of bills are in error on average?

A lot. The bigger the bill, the more errors. But let's not derail the thread!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/sunday-review/the-medical-bill-mystery.html?_r=0

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Hey, thanks Rabbit! I appreciate any and all support, and I will get it back, no idea how long It will take, but I am going to pull this one off!
I appreciate the kind words, so much more than the hateful ones.
Steve

No one here has been hateful. I'm sure you're a great guy. People just don't believe a $4000 toy is a worthy cause and are calling you out for it. Nothing personal in that. It does not translate to "I hate you".

#460 7 years ago

Liar, thief, scammer, con artist, accused of making up fictional people... yes, non of that is hateful or hurtful. Harassment on EBay where I am trying to make this happen, that was not hateful at all.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

This thread is the best and worst of Pinside wrapped into one. If you don't agree with what Balboa is doing, I get that. But, what I can't comprehend is why some of you guys feel compelled to kick someone when they are down. Can't you just disagree and move on? What is the motivation? Are you that sad and pathetic that you need to grind your heel into someone that is already struggling to make yourselves feel superior? Seriously, I don't understand what you get out of it.

^

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No one here has been hateful. I'm sure you're a great guy. People just don't believe a $4000 you is a worthy cause and are calling you out for it. Nothing personal in that. It does not translate to "I hate you".

This thread is full of vitriol directed at him, People posting their same opinion over and over in attempt to tear him down. Markmon, you want to pretend your insults are dispassionate, but your posts were dripping with contempt. If it wasn't personal, you would have dropped it and moved on several pages back.

#463 7 years ago

It's like trying to talk some financial sense to my sister-in-law. It just ain't gonna happen. I've been watching that train wreck play out for the last 25 years. Unfortunately she isn't the only one affected by her poor decisions. I guess that's why the more he shares, the more it bugs me, because I see the similarities.

I kinda feel like the guy who said "are you guys sure this is such a good idea?" in an early Skit-B thread. So I'm just gonna drain it.

Steve, good luck with your health and family. You have more important things to fund than a Rocky pinball machine. I hope you figure that out.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's like trying to talk some financial sense to my sister-in-law. It just ain't gonna happen. I've been watching that train wreck play out for the last 25 years. Unfortunately she isn't the only one affected by her poor decisions. I guess that's why the more he shares, the more it bugs me, because I see the similarities.
I kinda feel like the guy who said "are you guys sure this is such a good idea?" in an early Skit-B thread. So I'm just gonna drain it.
Steve, good luck with your health and family. You have more important things to fund than a Rocky pinball machine. I hope you figure that out.

Why is it so hard to understand that I am selling off items to fund this, these are things I would not be selling if not for the chance to get my grail back. I have sold Pinball boards, parts, Blu Ray movies, some action figures, etc.. all stuff that was sitting around doing nothing for me, I have no intentions of touching bank account money, or the wifes pay check, but I am letting stuff go that I normally would have held on to.. No Rocky, this stuff would not be for sale.. I still just do not understand what is so hard to understand about that? The donation thing, I already knew some people would be very upset, factored that in, and took a shot, and some huge hearted individuals gave me a base to start with, and I am almost half way there. I just do not see the fuss over letting some items go to replace an item that means the world to me for more reasons than I can state. I asked that people stop the donations, as that was a sour point for some, but my selling off stuff to make it happen? It is basically a trade, I am trading off whatever I can live without to get back something special that I thought was gone forever. As I stated, should the baseball card idea work, and I won't know for a month or so, as I am waiting to get them back from grading, and I pull in what I need, I will contact every single donator and personally offer a refund and let them know I made it over the top with the cards.. I had just not thought of them when I started this.

Steve

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

This thread is full of vitriol directed at him, People posting their same opinion over and over in attempt to tear him down. Markmon, you want to pretend your insults are dispassionate, but your posts were dripping with contempt. If it wasn't personal, you would have dropped it and moved on several pages back.

Why would I have moved on? This is a discussion board and I find the discussion interesting. Never seen someone beg for money for a game before. That deserves discussion and people will have opinions about it. The whole premise that someone that disagrees with something just moves on is a weird one.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The whole premise that someone that disagrees with something just moves on is a weird one.

The premise that some people insist on having the repetitious last word is another weird one.

Here it all boils down to acts of kindness. Some people understand what it means to "pay it forward". So they can, they do, and move on.

See that? Moving on. Because who's to judge? Have you never benefited from some random act of kindness? If not then I am genuinely sorry, but then what does hanging around to hold a grudge or grind an axe or repeat a manifesto accomplish here?

You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree. You're entitled to an opinion, and perhaps even to share it. I might even respect some of the angles it comes from. But at some point, parroting the same thing doesn't do anyone any favors and might only become detrimental to yourself.

(The "you" pronoun is used in the "general" sense and not directed at any one specific individual)

#467 7 years ago
#468 7 years ago

Stop engaging the trolls.

#469 7 years ago

Yes, mr Boob sir. Sorry, Corrected mistake Sir!

: )

#470 7 years ago

How about a recap of what pinball parts are left for sale? Everything I bought was at a fair price.

#471 7 years ago

You can tell that this cause is very close to his heart. I didn't mean to say that people are hateful but you can also see that lack of support has been very stressful for him. Why not just say good luck in your qwest? I think one rule on pinside is "be nice". That's all I meant.
? I'm sure all of u are good people

#472 7 years ago

Good luck with your quest.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

See that? Moving on. Because who's to judge? Have you never benefited from some random act of kindness?

There really isn't anything "random" about any supposed act of kindness here, since someone started a public thread asking for money for a pinball machine.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

You're entitled to an opinion, and perhaps even to share it. I might even respect some of the angles it comes from. But at some point, parroting the same thing doesn't do anyone any favors and might only become detrimental to yourself.

yep!
opinions are a lot like anusses
everybody's got one
so don't show it if it stinks!

@balboa keep fighting for your grail!

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How about a recap of what pinball parts are left for sale? Everything I bought was at a fair price.

I have them in the market place, A few Data East boards left, a NOS set of Stern Batman plastics, protectors, crane opto board, crane spring and ball, priced well below what Marco sold them for, and all are brand new in Marco bags. Maverick pinball apron, some so so last action hero plastics and a ramp.

Plus just added some separate Blu Ray auctions on EBay, a horror lot, a 3d lot, a Twilight time lot.. ebay.com link: scasce3477

Thanks guys!

#476 7 years ago

Last action hero plastics and Stern batman items have both sold today! Will post a total update in a few days when everything clears.

Thanks!

#477 7 years ago

Blu ray offer to Pinside members, I am making some great progress, sold the Batman plastics, the LAH plastics, so put another dent in the fund, I still have a ton of Blu Ray movies listed on EBay, so I will make this offer here, PM me 6 titles instead of 5, pay me as paypal gift, and I will send you 6 instead of 5 for 20 bucks! 3.33 a movie shipped, you can't beat that, and there are a TON of good titles left, check out the link above to get to my auction.

Thanks everyone, and thanks NPO for the gift!

I am getting closer and closer!

Oh, and no limit on how many, you want 12, 40 bucks free shipping, you want 18 60 bucks with free shipping, etc..

#478 7 years ago

Rocky's first official total update, 2200.00 down, 1800.00 to go! More than half way there!!!!

Thanks guys!

#480 7 years ago

Not too much to report, one EBayer flaked out on a 140 sale, so had to relist, going to add at least 200 in the next few days, and first shipment of baseball cards coming in from grading today, and a lot got 10's!

#481 7 years ago

Ok, minor update, got my first lot of cards back from PSA grading, still have a bunch coming, but did pretty good on the grades, but I have to say, their policies and customer service SUCKS! They have the best results and resources so I guess you have to deal with that. Here is what I got back so far.

Now of course the cost of grading these cards has to come out of the money I sell them for, think I might have this baseball company I keep seeing on EBay list them, they have great results with pretty much the same EBay fees, seems like their cards go for a lot more..

DSC02609_(resized).JPGDSC02609_(resized).JPG

DSC02610_(resized).JPGDSC02610_(resized).JPG

DSC02608_(resized).JPGDSC02608_(resized).JPG

#482 7 years ago

Buy it now on Ebay, $59 for Griffey 9 and $35 for Johnson 10, $85 Ripken traded

Not much for the Donruss Elite cards.

Sell em yourself and save the auction fees

#483 7 years ago

I am going to have the entire set though, saw a Frank Thomas sell for 143. 9 on the Griffey, 10 on the Johnson, but I have the full set of cards to go with those 2, I just pulled the 2 from the set. 85 for Ripken traded? Wow, that dropped a ton, I remember that being a 200 card.

#484 7 years ago

Very nice. That Griffey rookie card is iconic to those of us in our 30s. How much did the PSA grading cost? I have a Griffey rookie but I doubt it's a 9.

#485 7 years ago

Well, if you join the club for 200 you get 15 free entries, which would come out to 270 if you just sent in the cards, then you can take advantage of the monthly specials, like right now, 10 or more cards, you get them done for 8.00 each, but they really up the value, I have the entire 92 donruss elite set, so far every card is a 9 or 10, just waiting to get the Ripken back, and resend Griffey, they did not grade those 2, so I am hopeful I can get those graded at least a 9, It is amazing what the grade can do to the value. If your personally interested in a 9 Griffey, it would probably be best to just buy one on EBay, unless you have a lot of cards you want to have graded, that way it takes out the guess work. I pulled the Griffey and Johnson out of a complete set, my plan is to sell the set, I think there is one more rookie of value in the set, Cannot think of his name, but if that is the case, I will send him out, then sell the set.. hoping to pull a few hundred out of the set, that would pay back the membership cost, and the elites and some other cards are going to help me get to my 4K number... Least I hope so.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I think there is one more rookie of value in the set, Cannot think of his name, but if that is the case, I will send him out, then sell the set..

Gary Sheffield and John Smoltz.

Ahh the good old days! Those are my days in my 20's. As a kid I collected late 60's and early 70's, mostly basketball.

PSA graded is the only way to sell a card. Most of mine are 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Anything past 1990, including the Donruss Elite isn't going to bring much, even at gem 10. I wouldn't pay $8 bucks except for the top guys that you might be able to get $15-$20 for.

It's a shame the other Ripken rookie only got an Ex-mt 6

Good luck with the rest of your psa grading.

#487 7 years ago

Good luck selling the cards. When pricing them, like pinball machines, be sure to look at completed auctions. Generally the BIN prices are outrageously high and no one ever pays them.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

Good luck selling the cards. When pricing them, like pinball machines, be sure to look at completed auctions. Generally the BIN prices are outrageously high and no one ever pays them.

Oh no worries there, I went to completed on every single card I sent it, to see if it was worth while to send them in or not, found a few surprises, I had a crappy old factory set of 1987 Dunruss I won as a door prize years and years ago, when I used to go to shows, researched it, pulled the bonds, Maddux, and one or two others, on the 89 yes, I pulled the Sheffield and Smoltz, and one more, that showed good value.

You might be surprised at what 10 rated Elite cards can get, I was..

Check these out:

ebay.com link: FRANK THOMAS PSA 10 GEM MINT 1992 DONRUSS ELITE 18 RARE POP 25

ebay.com link: PSA 10 Gem Mint 1992 Donruss Elite Series WADE BOGGS 6493 10000 POP 8

ebay.com link: 1992 Donruss Elite Tony Gwynn 10000 14 PSA 10 GEM MINT PWCC

ebay.com link: PSA 10 Gem Mint 1992 Donruss Elite Series WILL CLARK Giants 8099 10000 LOW POP

ebay.com link: 1992 Donruss Elite 16 Terry Pendleton PSA 10 Gem Mt Pop 8 68892B

I am going to send all the cards to these guys: They seem to have fantastic results, and the fees are either the same or cheaper than EBay, I think they must put out auction catalogs, I just hope I get everything back before Sept. Sending out another 26 cards tomorrow, and have 54 over there now.. BUT some of them are not to sell, I had some Rocky cards I want to display, came out in 2015 by Allen & Ginger I think, made up like the characters are real, and have full names and stats and stuff, They did a card for Rocky, Apollo, Clubber Lang (whose first name is James for those that did not know), Ivan Drago, and Thunderlips.. Those are for me. So I should have around 75 cards to auction, depending on how they score, I sent in a YAZ rookie that I know will get a 5 or less, but going to keep it. The listing below is the company I am going to send the cards to, in researching completed listings, they have done better than most.

ebay.com link: 1992 Donruss Elite Cal Ripken AUTO 5000 BGS 9 MINT PWCC

#489 7 years ago

Oh, and tomorrow I am going to list some Lethal Weapon 3 plastics, including the one that Automated services has listed for 295 bucks, not that I expect that kind of money for it, but it should do pretty well.

#490 7 years ago

Just listed! Lethal Weapon 3 plastic that goes on the left side of the playfield around the ramp, it is the police building, very rare, started at 99 cents, or you can buy one for 295 bucks on the other site.. And of course this goes to the Rocky Fund!

Thanks guys

DSC02658_(resized).JPGDSC02658_(resized).JPG

DSC02657_(resized).JPGDSC02657_(resized).JPG

DSC02656_(resized).JPGDSC02656_(resized).JPG

DSC02659_(resized).JPGDSC02659_(resized).JPG

DSC02660_(resized).JPGDSC02660_(resized).JPG

DSC02661_(resized).JPGDSC02661_(resized).JPG

#491 7 years ago

Well, still sitting at 99 cents.. I think Automated steered me in the wrong direction! I know, I know, the last 30 seconds is when the magic happens.. got some other LW3 plastics to list too, just have to sort through them, and see what can go.

#492 7 years ago

Added more Blu Rays' and other items as well, updated total later today!

ebay.com link: merchant

#493 7 years ago

hey buddy, have to tell you. I played the rocky pin at replayfx that is like the one you are trying to get back. have to be honest, wasn't a fan. but kind of figured I wouldn't be before I even started playing. Guess I am just a sucker for classic Steve Ritchie or new sterns in whole.

Wanted you to know I thought of you when I saw this machine. even told your story to my kids. glad you are halfway there, keep on keeping on my friend.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

hey buddy, have to tell you. I played the rocky pin at replayfx that is like the one you are trying to get back. have to be honest, wasn't a fan. but kind of figured I wouldn't be before I even started playing. Guess I am just a sucker for classic Steve Ritchie or new sterns in whole.
Wanted you to know I thought of you when I saw this machine. even told your story to my kids. glad you are halfway there, keep on keeping on my friend.

It's not a very good game.

But...I have a hunch the OP is REALLY into Rocky. Like..."I enjoyed Rocky V" into Rocky.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not a very good game.
But...I have a hunch the OP is REALLY into Rocky. Like..."I enjoyed Rocky V" into Rocky.

The Rocky movies are like the Star Trek movies. Most of them kindof suck but we see them anyway.

#496 7 years ago

Yes, I really enjoyed Rocky V... There I said it... It's out there now.. However it is my least favorite in the entire series.

It is not the greatest playing game, no question about it, but it is unique with the 2 sets of flippers, it took me years to break 1,000,000 on it, it can be a drain monster. I had the playfield clearcoated so that does make a difference.

#497 7 years ago

Official update 2568.00... so under 1500 to go!

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Love the story!

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Ok, minor update, got my first lot of cards back from PSA grading, still have a bunch coming, but did pretty good on the grades, but I have to say, their policies and customer service SUCKS! They have the best results and resources so I guess you have to deal with that. Here is what I got back so far.
Now of course the cost of grading these cards has to come out of the money I sell them for, think I might have this baseball company I keep seeing on EBay list them, they have great results with pretty much the same EBay fees, seems like their cards go for a lot more..

You should sell everything but the Ripken cards.... Selling those would lead to some bad ju-ju. Trust me.

#500 7 years ago

Good luck on your quest to get the Rocky pin. I'm rooting for you! Following this post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 524 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-a-chance-to-get-my-grail-back/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.