10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buy-me.jpeg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I am not really looking for anything, but I figure it would be fun to see if others have thoughts based on my current collection.

Some details.

My favortie game is still TAF
I recently acquired a big Grail game which is Centaur
I have a LOTR on loan from a good local pinhead so it is not listed in my collection and it is getting taken back soon.

I like a diverse collection and I am slowly working though to restore many of my games to better than new condition.
RFM is done, FT is done, TX and TAF are in cue with restored pfs just waiting

My wishlist is really not up to date.

If you were to suggest one more game for my colleciton, what would it be?

A side note that I am on for Predator but when it actually is ready I will likely have to sell something to make room/$$$ for it.

#2 10 years ago

StarTrek Pro

#3 10 years ago

Whirlwind, NGG.....get another Lawlor. Could also go Richie with ST Pro or AC/DC

#4 10 years ago

STpro would be nice but the price tag is a bit high for me right now. Maybe a HUO in the future. I definately could use some Stern love and have really enjoyed LOTR while I have had it.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah WW is high on the potentials. I passed a nice deal on to a buddy a while back when I was broke and maybe it will come back to me sometime. Randy also has his nice one if he ever decides to sell, that would be a sure thing purchase for me. His plays like a champ!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

STpro would be nice but the price tag is a bit high for me right now. Maybe a HUO in the future. I definately could use some Stern love and have really enjoyed LOTR while I have had it.

Then perhaps a Centaur II or Black Knight.

#7 10 years ago

LOL

#10 10 years ago

Looking at your collection, I think you would enjoy RBION if you are going to try to go the Stern route. Still can find one at a decent price.

#11 10 years ago

Get yourself a WW or Ripleys. Once Predator comes out sell me either one you get. Win for both of us.

#12 10 years ago

I would look for something really deep and newer to round things out.... TSPP, LOTR, RBION, XMEN, TF, something along those lines. You have a nice balance of short/quick titles and medium range titles (as far as depth, with RS probably being the deepest). You also have a couple of titles in there that are linear in nature.

#13 10 years ago

Unless you are planning to have us over to your house to play you should buy the games that most interest YOU.........

#14 10 years ago

Every collection needs a game with a deep Keefer rule-set. Since you've had a fair amount of time on LOTR my vote is for either WOF, WPT or TSPP. -Or a WOZ or Hobbit once your sugar momma starts working

Ripley's would also be a good choice...

#15 10 years ago

9 is perfect for pingolf..

Depth isn't a bad suggestion. I think you're also missing a simple stacking game, one of those that you need to line everything up (MB, Avatar, Sopranos, IM, etc).

#16 10 years ago

sell lamp!

buy-me.jpegbuy-me.jpeg
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I recently acquired a big Grail game which is Centaur

way to ruin the surprise!

#18 10 years ago

You have no DEs, I'd say the LAH on your wish list would fill the bill nicely.

#19 10 years ago

Past differences between us aside I would choose LOTR. If you are looking at less expensive games I would say Avatar, BBH or TRS taking them as games that are semi transient in the sense that they won't be in your collection.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

way to ruin the surprise!

I was already guessed on the local forum... and you knew due to the seller blabbing it

#21 10 years ago

Grab a newer Stern - maybe Spider Man or Iron Man.

#22 10 years ago

You could use an EM. That will open up a whole different world and with how you like to work on machines I think it would be very interesting for you. When I got my first one, I already knew they were different, but had no idea just how different...it's pretty mind blowing. Amazing engineering. And they smell great.

BUT...knowing your tastes in games, that might not be the right direction and I fear it would not get played much (as mine do not, but I love having them). So in keeping with your goal of diversity, something newer is probably a good idea. With what you like, I am in 100% agreement with a couple others here that Ripley's should be right up your alley. It's the first game that came to mind when I read your post. It's deep...not quite LOTR deep, but no slouch either. It has many gameplay similarities to TAF and TZ (it's very much a "Lawlor-y Lawlor...unlike some of his other Sterns). It's got a quirky sense of humor and personality that you seem to appreciate in a game. Plus it isn't a budget breaker...it's a lot of bang for the buck. Heck...I forgot how much I would like one myself, LOL!

#23 10 years ago

Now I just needto convince Eric to sell me his nice one!

Great suggestions everyone! Keep em coming if you have more.

#24 10 years ago

- Another vote for an EM. No any EM, but some of them are real players.

- Otherwise a widebody from the early 80's (Paragon, Embryon, Black Hole). Alternatively, if you love Centaur, add Fathom or Medusa.

-

Quoted from MikeS:my vote is for either WOF, WPT or TSPP.

Excellent suggestions too... Ripley as well

- A Generation 2 zaccaria : Pinball Champ, Locomotion, Farfalla...

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PapaJohn:

Unless you are planning to have us over to your house to play you should buy the games that most interest YOU.........

One of my favortie things IS having others over to play!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You could use an EM. That will open up a whole different world and with how you like to work on machines I think it would be very interesting for you. When I got my first one, I already knew they were different, but had no idea just how different...it's pretty mind blowing. Amazing engineering. And they smell great.

That "smell" is something else - have no idea what causes it. I started down the EM tech road and quickly got off of it in a hurry. As amazing as SS technology is, EM technology is just mindblowing. They are basically large adding machines - the stepper units themselves are incredible.

#27 10 years ago

System 11s
* diner
* whirlwind
* taxi
-mof

#28 10 years ago

you add, whatever falls cheap in your lap. Sometimes, you end up liking a game you just bought because it was cheap and close. That's how Phantom of the opera became one of my keeper games.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you add, whatever falls cheap in your lap. Sometimes, you end up liking a game you just bought because it was cheap and close. That's how Phantom of the opera because one of my keeper games.

Yep. Always leave 2 spots open for:

1) next grail
2) cheapo to fall into your lap to work on

-mof

#30 10 years ago

Captain why not upload some photos of the backglasses on your zaccaria games so pinside has them.

#31 10 years ago

Doesn't pinside have a full collection of zaccaria pics?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Doesn't pinside have a full collection of zaccaria pics?

They are missing the backglass pics on strike and locomotion

Plus no pics whatsoever for Strike

#33 10 years ago

strike isn't with me right now. I let david play around with it so he can get some repair documentation down for that boardset. that uses a very early board system that is even before Generation 1. I'll take some pics of locomotion when I start restoring it. That game is getting the full treatment.

#34 10 years ago

from your wish list i would say NGG. if you love FT's I think you will love NGG. Plus JCardona is writing new code and the process should be fun to follow and the result could be fantastic.

#35 10 years ago

So the compiled suggestion list thus far:

WWind
NGG
AC/DC
STpro
WCS
EBD
RBION
TSPP
LOTR
XM
TF
LAH
SM
IM
Any EM
Paragon
Embryon
Black Hole
Fathom or Medusa
WOF
WPT
Pinball Champ
Locomotion
Farfalla
Diner
Taxi

#36 10 years ago

and from those, I would say the following appeal to me on the surface but I need more time on:
WWind
NGG
STpro
WCS
EBD
RBION
TSPP
LAH
Paragon
Embryon
Fathom or Medusa
WOF
Pinball Champ
Locomotion
Farfalla

#38 10 years ago

An old vending machine to hold cold Beer!!!

#39 10 years ago

Whirlwind

#40 10 years ago

Take LOTR off your list

I can't deal with you bitching about its price while you're looking for one

JK man! Get LOTR!

#41 10 years ago

Transformers le

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Take LOTR off your list
I can't deal with you bitching about its price while you're looking for one
JK man! Get LOTR!

LOL. I doubt I would actually buy a LOTR (unless I find a nice HUO for 4kish) since I have now been able to play one for 3 months thanks to a friend loaning me one. It is a really fun game, but after being able to play one I don't need to buy one.

I really think WW is still high on the list for the future. Reality is I have no money currently and should just be socking away cash for Predator for whenever it comes.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Randy also has his nice one if he ever decides to sell, that would be a sure thing purchase for me. His plays like a champ!

You still have first dibs on my WW

#46 10 years ago

Hey, my neighbors and I just spent about 4 hours playing the CFTBL you sold me at the Chicago Expo. Since you have already had that one, maybe you should consider a TOM!

P.S. CFTBL is still playing great!

#47 10 years ago

Another room.

#48 10 years ago

Another vote for Taxi,

Quoted from Jediturtle:

When I got my first one, I already knew they were different, but had no idea just how different...it's pretty mind blowing. Amazing engineering.

I'd like to get my first too.There's an Atlantis not far from me which looks very nice.It's tempting,but I think the seller is asking too much for it.Ideally would prefer a two player.

#49 10 years ago

Potc
Acdc prem or pro
Tron pro

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Potc
Acdc prem or pro
Tron pro

Hilton LOVES POTC.... He was killing it at my place, LOL...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-9-can-fit-10-what-would-you-add and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.