Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinstein
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this haunted”

• Yes (& get a priest!) 2 votes
      14%
    • No (& your sniffing too much naphtha) 7 votes
      50%
    • Yes (& get rid of it) 3 votes
      21%
    • Maybe (just slap it back together & hope) 2 votes
      14%

(14 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220911_144633 (resized).jpg
    20220911_201211 (resized).jpg
    20220911_144624 (resized).jpg
    20220911_144628 (resized).jpg
    20220924_214544 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

So I recently picked up a 1948 Exhibit Banjo and this game needs a whole lot. It's almost to that point where you might just want to call it a parts machine. Anyways, there's some strange things happening. I've seen those programs where people buy like an antique desk, doll, or something and when they start to mess around weird things happen. I was doing that with this machine taking it almost completely apart so I can clean and restore it. I don't think has ever been serviced let alone overhauled.

In the past couple weeks, I've been hearing noises in the garage. One time a framed back glass that I had which was leaning against my workstation fell in the opposite direction thankfully it didn't break, but someone would have had to push it over imo. Also the wooden lock bar flew and hit my dog today. My wife said she's heard growling and words that she thought stated "get out". After the first couple incidents I just said aloud in the garage that if there's any spirits connected to the machine to please be nice because I'm trying to restore the machine so it can stick around another 75 years. Things quite a down for a few days until today when my dog got hit. Tonight i was cleaning and pilishing the legs when my wife said she didnt want any part of the machine in the house. The strange events are not super bad just here, and there atm.
    Should I keep restoring it?(seems to be helping) Have it blessed? Or sell it for magic beans

#2 1 year ago

Would like to see some pictures of the machine thanks.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Would like to see some pictures of the machine thanks.

Time to set up the video recorder and capture this stuff. I'm a sucker for real video of ghostly stuff.
    -Mike

#4 1 year ago

Pics

20220911_144624 (resized).jpg20220911_144624 (resized).jpg20220911_144628 (resized).jpg20220911_144628 (resized).jpg20220911_144633 (resized).jpg20220911_144633 (resized).jpg20220911_201211 (resized).jpg20220911_201211 (resized).jpg20220924_214544 (resized).jpg20220924_214544 (resized).jpg
    #5 1 year ago

Looks to be in pretty condition.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_The_Jedi:

Pics
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now I understand why it’s haunted.

#7 1 year ago

Put some garlic in that macramé topper you’ve got there.

#8 1 year ago

Where did the machine come from? Maybe you could ask the previous owner if they experienced anything strange like you are.

#9 1 year ago

As the owner of a vintage resale store, I can tell you without a doubt that things like this do happen. Every once in awhile we'll bring a piece into the store & weird things will happen like voices, noises, cold spots, etc. I wouldn't go so far as to call your machine "haunted", but there's probably a little weird energy attached to it. If it makes your wife uncomfortable you should probably sell it. You know what they say, "happy wife, happy life"!

#11 1 year ago

How much stuff did you move around to accommodate this game in your garage? I “play Tetris” a lot to bring in more stuff in my garage and stack things in different ways all the time. Things shift and move around on their own in ways I don’t expect.

This is a huge reason I have all electric/ battery yard tools and 0 gas cans.

Shift happens.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin-Bob:

As the owner of a vintage resale store, I can tell you without a doubt that things like this do happen. Every once in awhile we'll bring a piece into the store & weird things will happen like voices, noises, cold spots, etc. I wouldn't go so far as to call your machine "haunted", but there's probably a little weird energy attached to it. If it makes your wife uncomfortable you should probably sell it. You know what they say, "happy wife, happy life"!

I've gotten some old pieces and junk before this is the first time something like this has happened. It's okay during the day at least for now. I sure hope the game doesn't get any more mad at me I've taken just about everything apart in order to clean and repair it. A little worried because some of the Playfield is beginning to lift and that's a really hard thing to try and fix, sure hope the energy doesn't get mad at me about it cuz it won't be an easy fix.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

How much stuff did you move around to accommodate this game in your garage? I “play Tetris” a lot to bring in more stuff in my garage and stack things in different ways all the time. Things shift and move around on their own in ways I don’t expect.
    This is a huge reason I have all electric/ battery yard tools and 0 gas cans.
    Shift happens.

Yeah my garage is full of junk in fact I was cleaning out some cardboard boxes just to make a little more room. I didn't shift much of anything, but I did take this machine apart and start working on it.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Looks to be in pretty condition.

for the most part it is although the Playfield is beginning to lift

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_The_Jedi:

So I recently picked up a 1948 Exhibit Banjo and this game needs a whole lot. ...

I've been hearing noises in the garage.

One time a framed back glass ... fell in the opposite direction thankfully it didn't break,...

Also the wooden lock bar flew and hit my dog today.

My wife said she's heard growling and words that she thought stated "get out".

After the first couple incidents I just said aloud in the garage that if there's any spirits connected to the machine to please be nice because I'm trying to restore the machine so it can stick around another 75 years.

Things quite a down for a few days until today when my dog got hit.

The strange events are super bad just here and there atm.

Should I keep restoring it?(seems to be helping) Have it blessed? Or sell it for magic beans

HEY! That's a common event these days, just not with pinball machines. Assuming the machine is the culprit, it was either used for some kind of dark magic mischief, such as a base for a OUIJA board, or it was directly used by a witch/warlock/magik user to implant with a demon. Though I never studied the specific techniques, I have heard plenty of anecdotal evidence about people doing this stuff or being victims to it.

Reason--who knows? Perhaps the blackface characters pissed someone off, or the seller was angry about having to sell it, or whatever. The ultimate reason a demon would be lashed to the device would be due to the lowest of human motives.

You will be plagued with these kinds of events for the duration of owning this object--UNLESS you take action. Even then, it might not be enough. Ed and Lorraine Warren have/had a museum in Connecticut that would probably take it, maybe pay a bit for it, to house it with the myriad other objects that are under supervision to contain the demons contained within them. It is now run by their step son Ed Sperra.

Advice: NEVER challenge or try to infuriate the demon. It will never be your friend, but it could turn murderous, afflict you with nightmares, insanity, urges, changes in personality or likes and fetishes, etc. Try not to interact with the machine except when necessary. To get rid of the demon, you need to do several things: a) cleave to the Bible, b)turn to Christ and take him as your savior, c) get baptized, d)go to confessional and be absolved of sins, admit to all, and enter a state of grace. At that point you are cleaned and able to avoid serious infiltration of the demon into yourself, but you will be open to harassment until you go further. Get sacramentals, get holy water from your church, St. Benedict medal blessed by a priest (Benedict is the GREAT exorcist), learn apt Bible phrases and use them. e)To protect your home from this thing, get Mezusahs to nail to the doorframe from garage to house, and for other doors--the demon can't cross and will stay out of the house. f) Get a priest to bless the house, then the machine, and see if the priest can exorcise the demon from the machine. g) Put a Mezusah on the garage door frame once done.

Call on St. Michael the archangel, Mother Mary, and Christ for help, along with any saints or angels, etc. Michael is the most-hated entity of God's retinue, when it comes to demons; Mother Mary is second, and she will be good help.

I had to deal with these things several times, but they were infesting a couple homes and not actual devices. Do not fear! Fear will give it a greater foothold.

James 4:7 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Now you need to submit yourself to God and then you can unravel this problem. Good luck and God help you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.