View topic image gallery

wire color codes.jpg
A1J6 wire assignments.jpg
8lEX5bN.jpg
IMG_0373.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
hh connector.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I'm working on restoring a hacked Gottlieb Haunted house that for some reason *cough* doesn't seem to work right..

I have a sneaking suspicious the previous owner, a dude by the name of McGuyver, might be responsible after taking a look at connector A1J6:

hh connector.jpg

As a result, I'm looking for a good close-up picture of this connector showing wire color codes to use as a reference to re-wire a new/proper connector... if you can help me, send pictures to [email protected] - much appreciated!

#2 7 years ago

Mike obviously you have no manual right?

I dont think my iphone will get the detail as nice as you will need it...

and i dont have a file, or manual for HH either

#3 7 years ago

I have a manual, but I want an actual picture of a working game for reference, preferably more than one just so I can be 100% sure the wiring is right. Any help anybody can offer is most appreciated.

#4 7 years ago

A1J6 connector

IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
#5 7 years ago

LMAO where did you find that thing.

Here's a post that might help:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-diagram-for-81-gottlieb-volcano-a1-j5-and-a1-j6#post-324594

And here's a pic from my system 80 circus:
8lEX5bN.jpg

#6 7 years ago

Thanks very much! Any more references are most appreciated!

#7 7 years ago

Here you go.

Steve

A1J6 connector wire assignments
A1J6 wire assignments.jpg

Wire color codes
wire color codes.jpg

#8 7 years ago

www.pinwiki.com should have some pics as well.

#10 7 years ago

Nice post Steve perfect

What more could ya ask for

#11 7 years ago

Thanks - you guys are awesome!

Does anybody have a Mars God of War? I need some pics of some of those connectors too.

#12 7 years ago

If this is for the A1J6 connector, the same wire color and assignments above apply. If not, which connector?

Steve

Quoted from PinballHelp:

Does anybody have a Mars God of War? I need some pics of some of those connectors too.

1 year later
#13 6 years ago

Blownfuse - Please - what's the title of the document you got that connector wiring chart from?? I really could use a copy. Is it something that PBResource carries? I've combed through my HH manual and it looks nothing like that.

Khat

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Khatarlan:

Blownfuse - Please - what's the title of the document you got that connector wiring chart from?? I really could use a copy. Is it something that PBResource carries? I've combed through my HH manual and it looks nothing like that.
Khat

Earlier System 80 manual? The Panthera and Circus manuals look like that based on a quick search.

#15 6 years ago

Drat. I was hoping is was one of the supplemental manuals they offer. I'd buy it if it had the connectors listed with color codes.
I'm pretty sure I've scrambled some wires when rebuilding my connectors to the MPU.

I'll look through my HH manual again and see if I've overlooked that chart.
Khat

#16 6 years ago

Hi Khat,
I can't remember what I took that pic of, or which manual. I have so many System 80 pics on my computer that I can't remember which files they're in anymore. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Quoted from Khatarlan:

Khat

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside