Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Robotworkshop
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello fellow lovers of Haunted House Pinball Machine .

I was lucky to purchase my Machine as early as 2000 and have had it at my mothers house since .
I would fire it up and have a game on it periodically with success however my brother tells me it simply will not go into attract mode.

I will try a few things first but may need some help

Cheers
Nozzles

#2 3 years ago

Did you check the MPU to see if it has a leaking battery?

#3 3 years ago

Do you know if the game ever had all the ground mods done? If not any bad connections where they connect to the boards can cause all sorts of odd issues.

Assuming the battery hasn't leaked it may be time to check the edge connectors on the boards and clean them.

#4 3 years ago

listen, there is a lot and i mean a lot to system 80 and esp haunted house.
we need see if your mpu has any battery acid damage. we need make sure your power supply voltages test ok everywhere.
then go from there.
post some good close pictures of all of the boards in the back box.
as far as ground mods, there is only one wire need be added.

#5 3 years ago

I don't agree with his saying that you don't need ground wires.
ALL equipment needs good grounds - pinball or not.
Gottlieb had a very poor ground connection design. Yes, the added wires help in *one connection* but there should be one common, secure ground to ALL boards including power supply, CPU, sound and the driver board.

Nothing beats a good screw terminal ground connection - *nothing*.
Then when the newly added edge connector crimps start flaking out as they wear out, at least it won't be the ground going bad.

#6 3 years ago

If you can set aside some time I recommend reading through the while Gottlieb system 80 section here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside