(Topic ID: 54603)

Haunted House with Ni-Wumph boards are they ok ?

By jfc2697

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bballfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm looking at a haunted house pin that guy is selling with Ni-Wumph boards cpu and driver board installed. Does that effect value and are they worth it over the original

#2 8 years ago

All these board upgrades are more worth it in system80 games than any other set of pinball games I can think of in history. For me just the ni-wumpf MPU & rottendog power supply have kept my HH going strong for years, I think those two might be best to have but I guess it depends how cooked the driver board might have been. I have an old spare driver board so no need for the new one. Considering the tech headaches people have had with HH's over the years, yes any of these board upgrades are totally worth it to have an HH that runs great or easy to diagnose if there is a problem. & so for that perk, yes they increase the value a bit, I know ni-wumpf MPU's in particular aren't cheap, nor should they be. Just make sure you update it to the latest code from the ni-wumpf site, or ask if he has done that yet. Very important on HH to have the latest update.

#3 8 years ago

It is easier to change the settings.Older Mpu settings are made by configuring 32 dip switches.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside