Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230507_140753489 (resized).jpg
krelay2 (resized).jpg
krelay1 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Good evening,

I am chasing some errors around my Haunted House. Currently the bottom up kicker and after my testing that the out hole has stopped working now.

I have looked around can i ask what is this?

krelay1 (resized).jpgkrelay1 (resized).jpg

krelay2 (resized).jpgkrelay2 (resized).jpg

the only way i can see this working as a relay is magnetism.

i had a short and it blew that fuse, but the game was playable if you didn't go downstairs and sit on the upkicer.

but replacing the fuse didn't fix it and after testing the upkicker coil and diode (which seem ok if a little low 3 ohms on the coil) i reseated the metal plate on the K-relay

now get a out hole coil error on game start! that K-Relay and the out hole seem to share Fuse 15 which is fine.

so once again i come to the font of knowledge for advice!

cheers guys!

#2 2 years ago

the K relay works the up-kicker

#3 2 years ago

i think it's Q13 on the driver board that if you ground the tab it should fire?

#5 2 years ago

thanks @rikoshay.

I figured it had something to do with the delay on the upkicker. but should it be open/closed and mechanically how does move that plate to close the switch?

something else... the brown/black/black wire goes back to the connector. but it connects to nothing on the other side... i cant see any dangling wires the other side.

#6 2 years ago

One connection to that fuse clip that goes to the solenoid looks like it only has a few strands of wire making the connection.
Check that to make sure there is a good connection there.

#7 2 years ago

Dent00 i did look at that, even the wife said that looks bad. as i was looking at other faults i just put a MM on it and it said 0 OHMS so i thought i'll come back to that!

#8 2 years ago

The switch is open until engage and it works with magnetism. The plate is pulled towards the relay.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from nikkifury:

Dent00 i did look at that, even the wife said that looks bad. as i was looking at other faults i just put a MM on it and it said 0 OHMS so i thought i'll come back to that!

I'm not saying that this is your problem, but with just a few strands making contact, the resistance of the connection could be high enough to restrict the current to the coil when it tries to operate.

#10 2 years ago

thanks Mach1 I was 90% sure that's how it worked but you have to be 100%. im going to set some time aside today to work on it.

1 year later
#11 11 months ago

Mine is different than yours

IMG_20230507_140753489 (resized).jpgIMG_20230507_140753489 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-what-is-this-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.