(Topic ID: 228749)

Haunted House - Weak pop bumber

By mwelliott99

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from mwelliott99:

A few weeks ago the pop bumper on the top level of the game was working fine but now it's really weak. It still fires but I noticed the metal ring didn't return to its place immediately. It moved slowly and I had to give it a helping hand. It probably means it's kicking down slowly too - which explains its weakness. I have a Pascal board and Pascal pop bumper boards so they should fine.
I'm about to strip it down and rebuild it but don't know if I need a new coil. Can you have a weak coil or does it either fully work or not work?
Thanks
Matt

It would be rare to need a new coil. A lot of folks jump on replacing a coil at the first sign of trouble, but they are fairly robust. Rebuild, cleaning, some other mechanical problem such as bad coil stops or sleeves will usually improve operation. Read Vids guide, too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-weak-pop-bumber-?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.