8EA16C3F-FBC2-4D12-A787-99D6A9865372 (resized).jpeg
50185C51-8182-4617-B013-55EC2C22EE17 (resized).jpeg
20210128_173219 (resized).jpg
20210128_173234 (resized).jpg
0869B986-617E-4A3D-B453-2478F63E725A (resized).jpeg
6B2F8D46-8161-4B12-8F06-7A560AC1E8B6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 9 months ago

I have been working through some lower playfield issues on my beautiful beast and have managed to worm them all out. in the process though i removed the upkicker tube as it was not quite placed perfectly. I am now having a jerk of a time getting it in the right spot again.

Can anyone with a Haunted House PLEASE send me some pics of undernearth the main playfield where the clear subway tube is that kicks the ball back up to the main playfield so i can replicate where it should be - big thanks fella's

#2 9 months ago

I am out of town for a while so I can’t take a photo. Thought this might help though... scroll down through the photos, there are underside playfield pics. I am sure a pinsider can get you a pic otherwise.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/haunted-house/gallery

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I am out of town for a while so I can’t take a photo. Thought this might help though... scroll down through the photos, there are underside playfield pics. I am sure a pinsider can get you a pic otherwise.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/haunted-house/gallery

Thanks, I've checked those photos & cant quite see what I am after. When u get back in town if u could post some pics that would be excellent & appreciated

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Thanks, I've checked those photos & cant quite see what I am after. When u get back in town if u could post some pics that would be excellent & appreciated

Will do, it it won’t be till Feb 18th. Sorry... down in the warmth of Florida for a month

#5 9 months ago

This is a snap of how to adjust the bracket for the tube....

pasted_image (resized).png
#6 9 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

It is really easy to adjust, loosen screws. It may take a few attempts.

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from slghokie:

This is a snap of how to adjust the bracket for the tube....
[quoted image]

Its actually the tube, not the bracket i am having issues with. The main thing i want to see is how the slanted cut end of the tube to the lower PF is positioned so that it drops into the hole. Ie is the "long cut" directly face on, or does it need to be slightly offset. I am also having issue with the height that it sits beneath the hole from the main playfield as every time i have re-put it in, the ball wont eject up enough to get out.

Its mainly the positioning of the angle cut tube i am interested in tho.

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Its actually the tube, not the bracket i am having issues with. The main thing i want to see is how the slanted cut end of the tube to the lower PF is positioned so that it drops into the hole. Ie is the "long cut" directly face on, or does it need to be slightly offset. I am also having issue with the height that it sits beneath the hole from the main playfield as every time i have re-put it in, the ball wont eject up enough to get out.
Its mainly the positioning of the angle cut tube i am interested in tho.

Have you visited the Haunted House thread? I am sure members there would help. I know when I had my black hole, I just had to adjust until I got it correct.

#9 9 months ago

Make sure your switches are good and not pitted. With everything rebuilt the ball should come out of there like a rocket every time. Hopefully these pics aren’t too dark.

0869B986-617E-4A3D-B453-2478F63E725A (resized).jpeg6B2F8D46-8161-4B12-8F06-7A560AC1E8B6 (resized).jpeg
#10 9 months ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Make sure your switches are good and not pitted. With everything rebuilt the ball should come out of there like a rocket every time. Hopefully these pics aren’t too dark.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks heaps, i was able to reposition the tube from that pic so it shot out like a jack rabbit. Unfortunately its not staying in that position. My tube has a big bracket on the lower slant-cut end which no one else seems to have. Is this bracket pointless, or on the wrong end? I cant find any photos of others having or needing it?

20210128_173219 (resized).jpg20210128_173234 (resized).jpg
#11 9 months ago

That bracket is on the wrong end. It should be mounted to the underside of the main playfield where the ball ejects. The clamp you have is suppose to mount to it but the mounting tangs break off. You can get a new one from Pinball Resource. You can see I had to replace mine when I got the machine.

50185C51-8182-4617-B013-55EC2C22EE17 (resized).jpeg
#12 9 months ago

The big bracket is on the wrong end and should be mounted to the underside of the main playfield. The clamps sometimes break. As you can see in the photo I had to replace mine when I got the machine.

8EA16C3F-FBC2-4D12-A787-99D6A9865372 (resized).jpeg
#13 9 months ago

The big bracket is on the wrong end and should be mounted to the underside of the main playfield. The clamps sometimes break. As you can see in the photo I had to replace mine when I got the machine.
[quoted image]

That is a MASSIVE help!!! Thank you! Mine has been installed the wrong way since i purchased it!! Had no idea! Will try a swapover today

Awesome guys, thanks everyone

#14 8 months ago

Wow this damned tube is giving me some grief. So Im now thinking that the bracket i showed is totally not needed.

From that picture, the metal plate bracket attached to the PF is the same one which includes the ball scoop on it.

The metal bracket on the tube i have is ANOTHER metal bracket. If this were to go on the PF end of the tube, it would mean that i would have a metal plate screwing directly over the top of another metal plate, which doesnt appear to be the case. The holes of that brack ALMOST match up to the other bracket, but not quiet. I'll take a pick to show and am going to play around with it. Very werid set up going on, not sure what the previous owner was aiming to achieve from the extra bracket?

#15 8 months ago
20210129_123015 (resized).jpg20210129_123037 (resized).jpg
#16 8 months ago

It’s been awhile since I’ve had it apart, but I believe the smaller one mounts under the bigger one and provides a place for your clamp flanges to screw into.

#17 8 months ago

It’s been awhile since I’ve had it apart, but I believe the smaller one mounts under the bigger one and provides a place for your clamp flanges to screw into.

Hmm didn't even really consider that the smaller one could just sit directly under the scoop bracket as i couldn't see any purpose to it - assumed it would have been for the opposite side so the little lipped end on each side of the clamp flange had something to click into. Based on the pic I saw i couldn't really see any other bracket sitting beneath the scoop bracket - the look flush against the PF and dont seem to protrude beyond the height of the surrounding other brackets in the photo. Based on the pics you provided ive got the tube sitting in perfect position and have just re-attached it to the PF with similar screws u had (mine were smaller & shorter and not as robust). Ive also straightened out the screwhole points on the tube brackets and its now sitting very flush and tight and appears to be shooting out really well and consistently. Based on that i am going to go with the "whatever works" theory on this - if its working, then its working fine for me.
Thanks for all your advice and help mate, got me through. If i find the tube is moving around again i will re-do it with the smaller bracket sitting beneath it. It looks like the store i purchased this through have made some odd decisions around that part - using inappropriate screws, having the bracket on the wrong end etc etc. Im finally getting it to where it needs to be - but still have one last nightmare repair to the headbox lighting loom they have massacred to bypass the feature lamp-board - which they failed to mention to me when i purchased it ( was an interstate purchase through a retailer and was unable to inspect). So basically i have no headbox lamp feature - all the lights constantly stay on. They achieved this by cutting off the connector and soldering the remaining wires to the lamp sockets, so somehow i am going to have to remove each wire and try to re-create the connector.
Haunted House, indeed.......
Once again, big thanks for all ur help

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hmm didn't even really consider that the smaller one could just sit directly under the scoop bracket as i couldn't see any purpose to it - assumed it would have been for the opposite side so the little lipped end on each side of the clamp flange had something to click into. Based on the pic I saw i couldn't really see any other bracket sitting beneath the scoop bracket - the look flush against the PF and dont seem to protrude beyond the height of the surrounding other brackets in the photo. Based on the pics you provided ive got the tube sitting in perfect position and have just re-attached it to the PF with similar screws u had (mine were smaller & shorter and not as robust). Ive also straightened out the screwhole points on the tube brackets and its now sitting very flush and tight and appears to be shooting out really well and consistently. Based on that i am going to go with the "whatever works" theory on this - if its working, then its working fine for me.
Thanks for all your advice and help mate, got me through. If i find the tube is moving around again i will re-do it with the smaller bracket sitting beneath it. It looks like the store i purchased this through have made some odd decisions around that part - using inappropriate screws, having the bracket on the wrong end etc etc. Im finally getting it to where it needs to be - but still have one last nightmare repair to the headbox lighting loom they have massacred to bypass the feature lamp-board - which they failed to mention to me when i purchased it ( was an interstate purchase through a retailer and was unable to inspect). So basically i have no headbox lamp feature - all the lights constantly stay on. They achieved this by cutting off the connector and soldering the remaining wires to the lamp sockets, so somehow i am going to have to remove each wire and try to re-create the connector.
Haunted House, indeed.......
Once again, big thanks for all ur help

#19 8 months ago

If you need any photos of the back box area let me know.

#20 8 months ago

If you need any photos of the back box area let me know.

If you can that would be awesome. Would need a good picture of the wiring on the backbox lights + the connector which goes into the light feature board so i can make a new plug to replicate the wire formation. Ive appeared to fix all my other ailments with it, just gave it a some new Superband rubbers and hopefully once i sort out this backbox massacre i will have it purring like a cat on heat

#21 8 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

If you can that would be awesome. Would need a good picture of the wiring on the backbox lights + the connector which goes into the light feature board so i can make a new plug to replicate the wire formation. Ive appeared to fix all my other ailments with it, just gave it a some new Superband rubbers and hopefully once i sort out this backbox massacre i will have it purring like a cat on heat

Here you go.

63DFAEF6-53DC-4D45-AD85-B936D3857007 (resized).jpeg913647E8-DF13-4C15-9BBC-2099E60A2DF0 (resized).jpegAB5EB21D-C22D-46CA-B763-1954BFE40DB5 (resized).jpegEECBD4F6-AB4E-4ED4-9E29-6932B87891C2 (resized).jpeg
#22 8 months ago

Quoted from locustgrovepin:Here you go.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, If it wasn't for COVID and the fact i can't swin across the Pacific Ocean, i'd bloody kiss ya.

Your a gun, massive thanks. One of the reasons i bloody love pinball when people do this

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Dude, If it wasn't for COVID and the fact i can't swin across the Pacific Ocean, i'd bloody kiss ya.
Your a gun, massive thanks. One of the reasons i bloody love pinball when people do this

Lol, you’re very welcome. Glad to help!

2 weeks later
#24 8 months ago

What an awesome machine I hope you get it working 100%.
I'd love to get one here in Aus one day.

2 weeks later
#25 7 months ago

I think the smaller bracket is used to mount the tube on the UPPER playfield.

IMG_2854 (resized).JPG

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside