• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1088_1.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg

#1 8 years ago

This is my last problem with this game and that is the main playfield upkicker is locked on when a game is started. It appears as if this runs off playfield transister that i have replaced ...actually i changed all the playfield transistors....i have even used a know working driver board in another system 80 game and vice versa and still no difference.... besides a playfield transistor and driver board is there anything else i should be looking at....oh and i have done the ground mods.
TIA

#2 8 years ago

I sent a pm

#3 8 years ago

I am taking a guess it is Q60.

#4 8 years ago

One thing to be aware of is early hh are wired differently than main production games for that kicker. If you changed your rom or boards you may have a mismatch. I added a pascal board and fortunately he has a setting for this, although it took me a bit to figure out that was what was happening.

#5 8 years ago

Its Q58 as i figured might as well go to the source and see what transistor is getting hot which matched to the manual as Solenoid 2
Now with that being said i have 2 good driver boards but i figured i would replace the transistor on the ni-wumph board as they hard to test but anyways it didn't make a difference.....so next step i took was disconnecting everything and see when what is plugged in makes it lock on...so so far this is where i'm at ..through process of elimination when everything connector is plugged in with the exception of A3/J2 or the A10 block connector unplugged its not locked on. From here I'm going to see if a short maybe is tied in with that plug as it seems to only control a few lamps and to a couple relays but i noticed with it unplugged most other solenoids still work.
I'm hoping this will give me a starting point to weed through.
If anyone has some other ideas please chime in.
I'm hoping to get some more time on it tonight or tomorrow so i will update.

#6 8 years ago

To be clear u are talking about the kicker from the main PF to the attic correct? According to the repair manuals that is not Q58.

#7 8 years ago

Correct that is the coil in question.....it is kinda tricky the way they have it worded in the schematic as they only show one up kicker ( (solenoid 2) but after some going through schematic you will see that main playfield up kicker is tied in with Fuse#14 and being Q58 heats up when coil is locked i figure it has to be a match. If you see something different please let me know.

IMG_1089.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1088_1.jpgIMG_1088_1.jpg

#8 8 years ago

It is hard to find docs on the difference between the demo and main production versions. What is your serial number, it will confirm if you have one or not. If you do it may explain why u have this issue.

#9 8 years ago

I wonder where all the system 80 guys are??

Oh Steve, Chris. Come out come out where ever you are!

#10 8 years ago

serial number is 6344... i'm off to do some more trouble shooting now....let you know if i come up with anything.

#11 8 years ago

Decided to take playfield out and go over wiring and and make sure there are no visible shorts did some continuity test and everything tests and looks fine.
Starting to pull my hair with is issue...something tells me its going to be something stupid.
Tonight or tomorrow ill try some more stuff with playfield back in and see what comes about.

#12 8 years ago

Well if u dont have an s on the end of serial then scratch the whole sample thing. It must be a x wire somewhere.

#13 8 years ago

Well guys i dont have a clue what is locking this coil on.
Does anyone see any harm in running a ni-wumph cpu board that is programmed for a Pink Panther?
I figure there shouldnt be but better wait to hear before i do.
Reasoning for this is to try a different working cpu.... i know both driver boards work in pink panther no issues. as far as cpu all i have is original HH cpu but not 100% that it is all good. and i have my brand new HH ni-wumph is what im using now but just in case there is something wrong with that's why i would like to try PP ni-wumph cpu just to rule out cpu as i cant seem to find anything psychically wrong.

2 months later
#14 8 years ago

Update .... Ended up being bad resistor on mpu
Sent it back for repair and covered under warranty
Finally have it up and running
Thank you everyone for all your help

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Johnston, IA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
3,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gettysburg, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-up-kicker-locked-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.