• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200124_164800 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi All,

I read in Clay's guides and Pinwiki that you should add pull-up resistors to the under-playfield transistors on Haunted House, see here:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Remote_Mounted_Transistor_Update

Has anyone done this? I'm wondering if I need to add a resistor to the transistor under the lower playfield? If so, where can I find the 24V to connect the resistor to?

Right now it is a 2N5875, so I'm planning on replacing it with a MJ2955 as recommended. I have attached a pic of the transistor in question:

20200124_164800 (resized).jpg20200124_164800 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

24 V is available at most coils, on the lug connecting to banded side of diode.

#3 4 years ago

Thankyou, it seems that the under-playfield transistors on my main playfield already have resistors installed. Do I need to install a resistor on the transistor under the lower playfield? Would love to hear from someone who has done this.

#4 4 years ago

If you dont have any problems with overheating coils, no need to install pull up resistors.

On system 80 games, bad grounding might cause a coil driver transistor to be "slightly" on, instead of being fully on or off. The intermediate condition causes both transistor and coil to overheat. Adding a pullup resistor helps to keep transistor off even if the ground is not so solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-under-playfield-pull-up-resistor-addition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.