When playing, if the ball goes to the basement playfield and gets stuck in the up kicker, it's a buzz kill. Nothing ruins the fun like standing there watching that ball fail over and over to make it up top. It's also damaging things in the machine. This is not a good situation to have happen often. There are a few tips on how to reduce the problem. I didn't find any of those were helping me. I started by just making sure the circuits were working as they should, with the k relay, the correct voltage, and good connections. Next, I purchased as many new parts for the VUK as I could find from Pinball Resource. I rebuilt the VUK with a new, correct coil (the old one was fine), a new coil sleeve, a new plunger, a new spring, a new rubber grommet, and a new switch. I cleaned everything as well. To my frustration, failure on the ball making it out of the basement was around 70% after all this work.
Photo Jun 05, 5 56 43 PM (resized).jpg