8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by blownfuse
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

If the tilt light is flashing on and off during start up, it's possible that there is a game ROM issue. Either a bad game ROM socket connection or maybe a corrupt game ROM itself. Try booting the game without the game ROM installed and see if the results looks the same as what you saw before. If it looks the same, you can try to force boot the game by holding the test button down for about 15 seconds (without the game ROM). If the CPU board doesn't have any other issues, it will boot to attract mode. You will be able to run tests, you just won't be able to play a game.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#6 8 years ago

I believe that any aftermarket boards should be supported by those that made them. It looks like I need to ask which boards are being used in the game before I attempt to help from now on.

Steve

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I believe that any aftermarket boards should be supported by those that made them. It looks like I need to ask which boards are being used in the game before I attempt to help from now on. I don't know if that board can be force booted or not and I wouldn't have suggested trying if I'd have known it wasn't a Rockwell board set. A forced boot might cause damage and void your warranty.

Steve

#9 8 years ago

This is true for all the 6 digit System 1/80 games but not for the System 80A (with the exception of Caveman) /80B games, they boot up instantly.

Steve

Quoted from erak:

Note that it is normal for Gottlieb solid state machines when first turned on to do nothing and have blank displays for 7 seconds or so before being ready to start a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-tilt-on-power-up?tu=blownfuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.