Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Toastin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

HH speaker hums, hum increases with pot. 1 amp slo blo was blowing. traced it too 30vdc circuit on sound board. upgraded the amp on sound board that uses that 30v. now the fuse does not blow but no sound only hum. was working prior to witnessing 1 amp slo blo fail when i turned pot in cabinet. the pots on the sound board seem to work as they change volume as expected. whats next?

thanks in advance, Walt

1 month later
#2 3 years ago

Boltronix I just picked up a HH and am having a very similar hum on the speakers, increases as the pot in the cabinet gets turned up. The sounds all work when playing just a distracting hum. I'm going to start to dig into it this weekend. If you are still having the issue I'll let you know how I make out. If you fixed it, let me know what you ended up needing to do.

Thanks,
Gary

#3 3 years ago

I have the same problem humming sound turn up the pot and the hum sound gets louder i think it could be a connector problem or a cap on the sound board.

#4 3 years ago

I just picked up some shieled auido wires, just going to try to eliminate interference. Will also try to test with headphones direct off the sound board to eliminate everything past it. My soundboard was missing the actual wire harness so previous owner soldered directly to the board. New harness coming in a few days. Then I'll start to replace caps. I'll keep you posted on progress.

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

Once I did all the recommended Ground Mods to the game the hum is hardly noticeable. You can only hear it if crank up the volume past 80%+-. If you haven't done your ground mods, do them before you even look into any odd things in that game.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside